FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   List your upgrades! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/595752-list-your-upgrades.html)

IAHtraveler Feb 20, 2007 12:07 pm

Reserved: Full Size
Received: Chrysler 300 Touring with the works

Nice car! They had the keys ready for me for a Magnum but I don't like station wagons/SUV's because you can see my luggage through the rear windows. I explained this and the guy was GREAT. He basically gave me my pick of the litter for the week.

Another example of why I fly into RIC instead of DCA/IAD when I need to be halfway between the two.

ger3sf Feb 20, 2007 2:07 pm

Reserved: Intermediate
Rec'd: Ford Taurus (I think this was an upgrade...)
Status: None, except for participating in Preferred Service
Rental Period: Friday AM to Monday PM

I use Avis in MCO, as their station is conveniently located in the parking garage across from the terminal.

BamaVol Feb 20, 2007 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by ger3sf (Post 7261087)
Rec'd: Ford Taurus (I think this was an upgrade...)

It was indeed, although less desirable than some Intermediates. I'm in like my 5th Taurus this year. In every case, I'd rather have a Malibu.

huts Feb 21, 2007 5:37 pm

Received: Dodge Charger

A better upgrade than I tend to get on my regular visits to IAH (although it was a bit of a lumbering beast to drive). Maybe I should just fly into AUS from now on and drive to IAH?

Apexdv Feb 28, 2007 7:39 pm

(Always reserve Compact due to company policy - receive upgrade about 3/4 of the time and a LOW mileage -under 5000 miles- compact Focus or Cobalt the rest)

Reserved: Compact
Received: Standard SUV (Suzuki XL7 with 99 miles - 590 when I was finished)

Received: Intermediate (Pontiac G6 with 2900 miles)

Received: Full Size (Impala - with 9000 miles)

Received: Special (Volvo S60 with 220 miles)
<I Love Atlanta!>

Received: Standard SUV (Trailblazer with 1500 miles)

Received: Intermediate (G6 - 5000 with miles)

Received: Full Size (Impala)

Apexdv Mar 3, 2007 10:48 am

Received: Full Size (Kia Avanti with 399 miles - over 1200 when finished)

BamaVol Mar 3, 2007 6:44 pm

Received: Dodge Charger

My local Avis; independently owned and managed. I generally get what I reserve. The Charger had some body damage and needed to be returned to an Avis-owned location. I happened to be the next 1-way renter to BHM.

I can't say I'm sufficiently impressed. Big engine. Decent suspension. Huge dashboard. I'd rather have an original Charger, but Avis is not the place to get that.

berlinflyer Mar 7, 2007 5:20 am

Reserved: Group C (Volkswagen Golf etc.)
Received: Mercedes-Benz E200

Reserved: Group C (Volkswagen Golf etc.)
Received: Audi TT Coupé :D

What a great car with only about 2000 km in use!!
Also, great and very friendly service by the agent at STR!

bthobe Mar 7, 2007 11:39 am

After a little begging and pleading to get the full two car upgrade, being 23 they did not want to give me a Luxury car at first, I got one.

Status Presidents Club
Reserved: Full size
Recieved: Lincoln Town Car with ~1500 miles on it

I know that I am young but still love large american land yatchs.

Side note: When I was in PHX, I noticed they carry Mitsubushi Ecpipse Spyder. Does anyone know if Avis went with the bigger V-6 instead of the I-4 ? I think it would be awesome to cruise around Old Town Scottsdale in one.

BamaVol Mar 10, 2007 7:56 am

Received: Buick LaCrosse

Slow Friday night. I was offered a choice of Saturn Ion, Chevy Impala, Pontiac Gran Prix or the LaCrosse. Since I've driven the other 3 this year, I took the LaCrosse. I was expecting XM. Nope. Almost 24K miles, but drove well. Smooth suspension, comfy seats, lots of power & pep. Only drawback, I hate sitting so low to the ground.

Apexdv Mar 11, 2007 12:24 am

Received: Standard (Saturn Ion with 8000 miles - speedometer in the center, TomTom to the left ... very weird)

BIGDOGKV Mar 11, 2007 1:14 am

Reserved: fullsize
Received: Cadillac DTS

Received: First offered Toyota Corolla I objected then offered g6 I objected was told they do not participate in any Avis programs told to wait, hour and a half waiting then Grand Prix.

rwinn Mar 11, 2007 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by BIGDOGKV (Post 7381013)
Received: First offered Toyota Corolla I objected then offered g6 I objected was told they do not participate in any Avis programs told to wait, hour and a half waiting then Grand Prix.

Wow... That's pretty crappy. I might have to test that as I could have an upcoming rental there in the not-too-distant future.

kh105000 Mar 11, 2007 8:58 pm

Feb 28 OMA
Tried to give me: compact (after arguing for 5 minutes I got my original request.

Mar 4 ONT
Tried to give me: sub-compact (clerk shrugged and said most people don't complain).

I've had 3 upgrades in my last 15 rentals and 3 attempts at downgrades

bthobe Mar 13, 2007 5:04 pm

Res: Std Size
Recieved: Lincoln Town Car

I was actually tempted not to take it because I noticed they had a Mitsubushi Eclipse GT which would have been fun but probably gotten me in a lot of trouble on the FL toll ways. :)