FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   List your upgrades! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/595752-list-your-upgrades.html)

TAlfano Oct 31, 2006 3:13 pm

Last year when I signed up for Avis Preferred service the first time I rented as a Preferred customer they said "oh since this is your first Preferred rental we're upgrading you." I got a Ford Taurus with no horn, bad alignment, and a really bad smell.

heffa Oct 31, 2006 6:25 pm

This thread is stupid...

I'm stupid too, but this is my fourth week flying into CLE and out of four weeks, I've gotten a Ford Mustang Convertible twice!!! Two times, out of four - cool! And always gotten it on good weather days, which are rare now. No rain=roof down. The other two weeks I got a HHR and a Taurus (bummer, but still an upgrade).

Corporate policy requires us to rent in Intermediate class.

BamaVol Dec 18, 2006 9:02 am

After a long drought during which I reserved full size and got a string of Tauruses, Impalas and a Camry (which I hate the 4 cyl version of), I reserved an intermediate and got upgraded.

Loc: SAN
Timing: arrived 10:30 PM Fri
Length: 1.5 days
Reserved: intermediate
Received: Chev Monte Carlo w/ 22K miles

bthobe Dec 18, 2006 9:24 pm

In LAS reserved an intermediate and got a premium, Buick Lucerne.

In MIA, local office, reserved an intermediate and recieved a Std SUV, Ford Explorer.

IceTrojan Dec 18, 2006 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by bthobe (Post 6869451)
In MIA, local office, reserved an intermediate and recieved a Std SUV, Ford Explorer.

Ouch... I call that a severe downgrade.

rwinn Dec 19, 2006 12:08 am

MSP on Saturday, Preferred. Reserved a compact, got a Buick LaCrosse. The agent said I was booked for a Cobalt but could upgrade to a Camry for $8 a day... I asked about anything other than the Cobalt, got the LaCrosse for the compact price.

berlinflyer Dec 19, 2006 5:38 am

-Presidents Club member in Germany
-Reserved group F (Audi A6)
-Received group J (Mercedes S Class)

kh105000 Dec 19, 2006 7:27 am

19 rentals this year as a Preferred Select. I always rent intermediate size; received full size 6 times - but they did try to stick me with minivans thrice.

tmcneill Dec 20, 2006 3:13 pm

SusanDK Dec 21, 2006 3:11 pm

Class reserved: Intermediate
Car Received: Mustang convertible

Arrived last night for a 17-day rental. They had a Crown Victoria set aside for us, which is a triple upgrade from the mid-size we reserved.

I asked if they might have a convertible and she said sure, you can have either a Mustang or Sebring. So we asked for the newest Mustang, and she gave us one with 3700 miles.

My husband hasn't taken the smile off his face yet and I know I'll never get him to put the top up for the entire trip.

We've been wanting to try one for fun, so we're very pleased.

Susan

bthobe Dec 22, 2006 10:29 am

I think that I may be the only one that actually enjoys driving large American cars like the Grand Marquis. Even though the average buyers age of one is like 75, the car itself is like driving your couch. And yes it does handle like one. :)

nwaaok Dec 22, 2006 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by bthobe (Post 6890264)
I think that I may be the only one that actually enjoys driving large American cars like the Grand Marquis. Even though the average buyers age of one is like 75, the car itself is like driving your couch. And yes it does handle like one. :)

Nope, another american boat driver here. Lincolin Town Car might be the best car on the road IMO...

ezmonee Dec 23, 2006 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by nwaaok (Post 6891025)
Nope, another american boat driver here. Lincolin Town Car might be the best car on the road IMO...

CADI DTS over LTC anyday. But I may be biased on that.

I would NOT say not to a LTC though. nifty ride with a crappy radio.

gleff Dec 24, 2006 8:18 am

Originally Posted by TAlfano (Post 6621260)
Last year when I signed up for Avis Preferred service the first time I rented as a Preferred customer they said "oh since this is your first Preferred rental we're upgrading you." I got a Ford Taurus with no horn, bad alignment, and a really bad smell.

Imagine what you would have gotten if it was your 2nd rental as a preferred! :eek:

BamaVol Dec 24, 2006 8:23 am

Originally Posted by bthobe (Post 6890264)

:D Be careful you don't mistake your windshield for the tv screen.