FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avis | Preferred and Budget | Fastbreak (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak-420/)
-   -   List your upgrades! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avis-preferred-budget-fastbreak/595752-list-your-upgrades.html)

nova08 Oct 29, 2012 3:17 pm

I won the Avis Lottery today.

LAX
PC
Booked: Full Size
Received: BMW 528i

bocastephen Nov 1, 2012 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 19588071)
I won the Avis Lottery today.

LAX
PC
Received: BMW 528i

At LAX??

Someone is going to get in big trouble there.

QBK Nov 1, 2012 3:23 pm

Reserved: Intermediate (C)
Received: Nissan Maxima

Reserved: Intermediate (C)
Received: Impala
Requested: Grand Cherokee
Offered: several intermediate SUVs
Received: Ford Escape (not the newest model)

I was fine with the Escape, because I wanted to try it out as a possible purchase option down the road, but I didn't think it was great. It's fine, but not noticeably refined in any way -- engine had a fair amount of power, but shifts were kinda clunky, and road noise was noticeable.

I also learned (new info to me, though surely not to everyone) that "xxx" to "xxx SUV" is considered a standard 2-class upgrade. If I book an Intermediate, I can get an Intermediate SUV. Book a full-size, I can get a full-size/premium SUV. And the SYR agent was nice, but pretty strict about the 2-class limit.

born sleepy Nov 4, 2012 9:05 am

SDF 02 Nov
Avis First
reserved intermediate (highest class I can go on stupid corporate portal)
received: ratty Fusion SE which I rejected. Lady at the counter was quite opposed to giving me a Charger or Taurus but I ended up with a Charger. She made sure to let me know what a huge favor she was doing for me :rolleyes:

drzoidberg Nov 4, 2012 12:13 pm

DCA
CC

Reserved: Intermediate
Given: '13 Toyota Venza (even though several BMWs available, grr) Not sure what happened to DCA, but all their luxury vehicles have disappeared.

Decided to cancel and went with a BMW X3 xDrive 35i from National instead.

They were also painting several parking spaces with the new Preferred Select & Go markings.

rickFPP Nov 4, 2012 3:49 pm

TPA
Thursday
Presidents Club
Booked Intermediate (CRUZE)
Received Genesis - Great Car

stimpy Nov 9, 2012 2:32 pm

ATH
Pres Club
Booked compact
Given Ford Focus. Not great, but adequate.

WIRunner Nov 10, 2012 6:27 pm

MKE
Pres Club/First

Received: Lincoln MKS

CrizzleColts Nov 12, 2012 11:13 am

IND

First
Booked intermediate.
Received: Ford Edge AWD w/ leather, Sirius, and myfordtouch.

sindjic Nov 12, 2012 1:23 pm

DUS - Ber. Allee 26
Preferred
Reserved: Seat Leon (B)
Received: Volvo V40 D2 (I) - nice car
Reserved: VW Golf (B)
Received: BMW 118d (D) - fully loaded

QSilver Nov 12, 2012 4:10 pm

BOS
President's Club
Rerserved: Intermediate
Received: Lincoln MK-T

The MK-T is nice enough but I've had two of them over the last few months. I plan to reject it if I get it again.

colmc Nov 12, 2012 6:14 pm

Vancouver - Hornby

Reserved: Compact - Hyundai Accent sedan or similar
Received: Full size - Chevrolet Impala

Teamstone Nov 15, 2012 1:06 pm

DCA
First
Reserved: Full Size
Received: Jeep Wrangler
Exchanged: Ford Escape (2013) with working Sirius and 2000 miles

IAHtraveler Nov 15, 2012 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by QSilver (Post 19671546)

The MK-T is nice enough but I've had two of them over the last few months. I plan to reject it if I get it again.

If I'm going for more than a few miles in a rental, the MKT is one of the best vehicles I've been in. It's large enough to comfortably seat 4 adults with space for luggage. It's a very comfy ride with great amenities (heated/cooled seats, nav in most cases, blind spot indicators, full glass roof, cross traffic indicators, heated rear seats, lots of storage space up front, etc). If there isn't a need for 4 adults and luggage, the FX or M series from Infiniti are great options, as they handle better than a huge Lincoln. But that's just my 2 cents and I realize everyone has their own preferences.

drzoidberg Nov 15, 2012 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by IAHtraveler (Post 19690576)
If I'm going for more than a few miles in a rental, the MKT is one of the best vehicles I've been in. It's large enough to comfortably seat 4 adults with space for luggage. It's a very comfy ride with great amenities (heated/cooled seats, nav in most cases, blind spot indicators, full glass roof, cross traffic indicators, heated rear seats, lots of storage space up front, etc). If there isn't a need for 4 adults and luggage, the FX or M series from Infiniti are great options, as they handle better than a huge Lincoln. But that's just my 2 cents and I realize everyone has their own preferences.

How do you like the '13 MKT vs. the '12 MKT? I prefer the Clarion infotainment system on the older '12 MKT to the MyLincolnTouch on the '13.