Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chairman's Club? Better than President's Club?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by SAFLYER66
I can understand that as well

I was invited to Preffered Select one day I will be invited to President club, and if not oh well Avis still and will always have my business

I am pretty good about receiving my upgrades and cars I preffer anyway
call and ask
how much business must my company give you so that I can get a Presidents club invite?
Old May 4, 2006, 2:41 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, Hilton Dia, Hyatt Expl, Avis Pres, Hertz Pres, National EE, AA Gold, UA Silver
I don't know how much money corporations have to throw at Avis to get a Chairmans invite, but apparently you can get one for yourself if you sign up for a Marquis Jet Card. Prices start at a mere $115,900 + tax.
From their site:
Through Marquis Jet's alliance with Avis, each Marquis Jet Card Owner is extended the following exclusive benefits:

* An invitation to become a preferred member in Avis Chairman's Club. Avis Chairman's Club is the most exclusive level of service Avis has to offer, and membership is available by invitation only.
* Enjoy exclusive privileges such as: rental car upgrades, the Marquis Jet corporate rate on all car rentals, free car delivery within 25 miles of a participating Avis location and much more.

http://www.marquisjet.com/valueadd/index.html
Old May 4, 2006, 8:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Amex Centurion, InterContinental Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by MarshKing
I don't know how much money corporations have to throw at Avis to get a Chairmans invite, but apparently you can get one for yourself if you sign up for a Marquis Jet Card. Prices start at a mere $115,900 + tax.
From their site:
Through Marquis Jet's alliance with Avis, each Marquis Jet Card Owner is extended the following exclusive benefits:

* An invitation to become a preferred member in Avis Chairman's Club. Avis Chairman's Club is the most exclusive level of service Avis has to offer, and membership is available by invitation only.
* Enjoy exclusive privileges such as: rental car upgrades, the Marquis Jet corporate rate on all car rentals, free car delivery within 25 miles of a participating Avis location and much more.

http://www.marquisjet.com/valueadd/index.html
That's how I got mine...
Old May 4, 2006, 10:34 am

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
Thank you for the Info
I am checking them out now

If I dont get oh well

It would be nice. But Avis takes real good car of me already

again thank you for the link
Old May 5, 2006, 2:33 am

Originally Posted by LiveFromNY
That's how I got mine...

There are quite a few that get it.

And dont forget that the pilots all need cars, and they rent exclusively with avis. For every chairmens club member on a flight, theres at least 10-15 rentals NOT part of the chairmens club that occur.
Old May 7, 2006, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA EP, OZ Diamond, WS Plat, Avis CHM, Hertz PC, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
For every corporate account generating $50,000 annually, you get 1 PCI membership, IIRC.
Old May 9, 2006, 12:37 pm

Programs: Plat AA,CO and Delta, Avis First
The Avis I rent from treats me great. I can not complain

The only place I hate renting a car from is SAT Airport. Agents are very rude.

I had a issue with returning a car with faulty brakes it was a prem car. Agt was offering me a Kia

I was like I am paying for a Prem car and was told those for Pref Card holders and I said here is my Pref Card was like Oh sorry here.

THey had my profile up.

I guess going to the airport in jeans at the time could of been the reason and not in business attire
Old Jul 15, 2006, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by ezmonee
When reservations are booked, a based upon availability two class upgrade is applied.
Are you saying this should happen at the time of booking? I just got changed to President's Club via Centurion. It is showing on the web page. I just booked a car for SFO on Thursday, and selected "Standard Size". It completed the reservation normally, and didn't change the class. It did give me an excellent rate, though. I know other cars are available. How should this work, and should I call?
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
I don't believe the upgrade is processed at booking, or at least any upgrade isn't reflected online. But you should certainly get the upgrade when you arrive.

Glad to hear you're getting a good rate, I know that I'm supposed to as Chairman's but my mediocre corporate AWD is stuck in the profile and no one gave me a different one to use.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:26 am

Programs: Marriott Life-Plat, Hyatt ex-Diamond, Hilton ex-Diamond, UA ex-1K, Avis ex-Chairman
Originally Posted by aviators99
Are you saying this should happen at the time of booking? I just got changed to President's Club via Centurion. It is showing on the web page. I just booked a car for SFO on Thursday, and selected "Standard Size". It completed the reservation normally, and didn't change the class. It did give me an excellent rate, though. I know other cars are available. How should this work, and should I call?
Its not done at booking. Just ask nicely when you walk up to the counter. Or the more likely scenario is that they simply automatically upgrade you when they assign you a car before your arrival.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by limo
Its not done at booking. Just ask nicely when you walk up to the counter. Or the more likely scenario is that they simply automatically upgrade you when they assign you a car before your arrival.
Okay, thanks for the info. I was confused by ezmonee's quote above where he seems to imply that it's done at booking.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 12:52 pm

Location: PPSP. Yeah, I'm the bartender at that fancy 5-Star that forgot you said no salt on your freakin' frozen margarita. Listen up people! NO FROZEN DRINKS!
My first rental from Avis as a Chairman's Club member(Also my first leisure rental ever from Avis. I have had maybe one or two business rentals over the years.):

Arrived MCO yesterday at 1050pm on schedule. I was changing my flight times due to travel changes and called the Chairman's number as soon as I knew flight time. Apparently (and reasonably) they want the flt info so the car can be ready, manager will be there, etc.

I had booked the res online but it didn't pop up in my itineraries AND it didn't pop up when I called the Chairman's number a week ago. The original res that I had made did pop up but not my new one. Apparently, when the website welcomes me as "Mr. GoodKarmaGuy", it does NOT add in my wizard number. I have to log in every time, even though it does recognize me and gave me my preferences. (I called back a couple times over two weeks as the rates went down and I rebooked.) The Chairman's desk was really, really knowledgeable..even to the point about telling me how to get to the Avis kiosk in the terminal garage. (No bus. Woohoo! ) And not as if they were reading a script of directions.

The walk to the kiosk in the garage was long, sweaty and convoluted. I would have better off taking a different exit. I rarely rent in MCO.

When I got there a DTS and CTS (Cadillacs) were parked in "show" spots near the kiosk itself. I figured I was getting the DTS (from reading other postings here). That was OK but I would have loved, loved, loved the CTS. I had booked at an intermediate rate as I think my Chairman's literature says that that is the minimum to get an upgrade to best available car - excluding specialty cars. My intermediate rate was $27.xx/day with the discount D-something provided by ezmonee in another post. Beat my AWD!

As I got closer I realized a family was getting in the DTS. Woohoo! Yes, the CTS was mine. The attendant came out, I said I had a reservation for "GoodKarmaGuy" and she asked for my license. She was very, very nice and sweet. She said the manager just left because he thought I was coming in at 1050pm. Huh? I said, well I did, it is just 1110pm now. I think she was embarrassed a bit. Not my intention to embarrass her but geez.. give me time to walk from the airplane or just dont sweat it! Would have been nice, NBD. (BTW, one of the skytrains was broken..bit of a wait/trek getting from the plane.)

I was so happy to get the car nothing else really mattered. Would have liked the OnStar telephone (voice dial...VERY nice) to have been topped up with minutes for me to use. If the Chairman's desk had asked I would have said yes. Also a teensy bit dissappointed it has no sunroof. The roof line is low, I am 6'2 as my good friend is. But the car is HOT.

All in all, Chairman's is GREAT. At lunch today, a good friend was going on and on about Hertz's Gold Club (I am Gold and #1 at Hertz) and I just smiled.

Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:12 pm
In Memoriam, Original Member

Originally Posted by GoodKarmaGuy
At lunch today, a good friend was going on and on about Hertz's Gold Club (I am Gold and #1 at Hertz) and I just smiled.

However, Hertz Platinum does beat Avis Chairmans.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Originally Posted by auh2o

However, Hertz Platinum does beat Avis Chairmans.
Does it? How?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.