Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo
Reload this Page >

Invol reroute ex-GPS compensation and overnight accom at UIO?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus

Any tips and advice would be most appreciated:

Situation: originally booked flight GPS- UIO posted, booked and confirmed with a wrong time (1535) when actual was 0735 (!!!) Am being put up with transit and meals taken care of in GPS until rebooked flight tmrw. Was orally offered a USD$60 EMD (not sure what it is; I stated my expectation of cash compensation first before the somewhat non-commital offer). New itin. Has a 14 hr overnight layover in UIO for a 0505 dep to YYZ via san Salvador, with new arrival at YYZ 24ish hours late, causing a lost workday (mon).

Questions:

1. Am I entitled to an overnight accomm at UIO tomorrow (sun) covered by AV?
2. Can I expect cash compensation under these circumstances? Or is the $60 EMD the best I could hope for?

I have no status with AV or any other *A carriers

Thanks!
Old Feb 6, 2016, 8:48 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Where have you booked this ticket?
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: Mucci of the Dominion of Maple and Moose; Keeper of Sir MightyMoose; BAEC Silver; AC MileagePlus
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
Where have you booked this ticket?
via a third party website, by someone from work with his CC!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.