Search

Ready to Charge Back

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by Tokyoite

good luck.
If they run their payments department anything like their airline and lifemiles it should be no problem.
Old Aug 13, 2019, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat
It sounds like you paid $200 as a redeposit fee, despite being within the 24 hours. If that is true, then I would ask for a refund and then file a chargeback. Do not initiate the chargeback before completing your travel! You are lucky that your travel is within 60 days. As others noted, you are always at risk of adverse action when you push issues. Please weigh the risks and benefits carefully.

No one has posted the actual AV terms but the US DOT requires airlines to offer either a 24 hour free hold or free cancel provided the ticket touches US soil and does not depart within 1 week. So AV is likely in violation of their own contract as well as DOT regs.

Good luck!
Old Aug 14, 2019, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by sexykitten7
No one has posted the actual AV terms but the US DOT requires airlines to offer either a 24 hour free hold or free cancel provided the ticket touches US soil and does not depart within 1 week. So AV is likely in violation of their own contract as well as DOT regs.
I am sorry but this is utter BS
Old Aug 26, 2019, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlqsko
I am sorry but this is utter BS
Actually it’s not BS, and if you ever tried booking an award ticket, they give you 24 hours to change it. My flight happened to be booked at 11:43 PM Eastern time. So therefore they said I had until midnight to cancel, and not 24 hours. When I inquired further they said that’s how the computer systems work and there was nothing they can do so I went ahead and charged back since they broke their own terms and conditions. No problems thus far.

This is how business is done in South America and how their airline works... I don’t know what it’s worth but I’m just sharing my experience. I got a full refund through my credit card company.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: Alaska
Originally Posted by NWplatinum

Actually it’s not BS, and if you ever tried booking an award ticket, they give you 24 hours to change it. My flight happened to be booked at 11:43 PM Eastern time. So therefore they said I had until midnight to cancel, and not 24 hours. When I inquired further they said that’s how the computer systems work and there was nothing they can do so I went ahead and charged back since they broke their own terms and conditions. No problems thus far.

This is how business is done in South America and how their airline works... I don’t know what it’s worth but I’m just sharing my experience. I got a full refund through my credit card company.
I guess you also empty your account, not planning to use it any more.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 2:53 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by freed0m
I guess you also empty your account, not planning to use it any more.
nope.
Old Aug 29, 2019, 1:15 am
Original Poster

So far so good! I got the money I was cheated out of back, and my account is still open. The way they wrote this website I cannot imagine they’re going to figure this out.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.