Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Lifemiles site

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:20 am

The fees Lifemiles charges seem to be different on a few routes I priced before and after the revamp. Did anyone else notice it?
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Ha! I just looked at a TG flight from BKK to DUS (via FRA), and it gave me the error when I went to the booking step.
So it took them five days to "upgrade" the website, but they didn't fix their biggest issue.
Awesome.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:21 am

Was anyone able to find any First Class availability? The new website only shows "Economy on sale" and "Business for sale" for me, even for flights with First Class Saver on united.com.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:22 am

Programs: DL PM - IC RA - HHonors Gold - Hertz Gold - AA - US - CO - Choice Privileges
No mystery the site was to be updated but I never thought about booking award travel. First impressions are not good impressions. The travel is every 6-9 months for "trips around the world" and the next trip is booked for March. Wait and see. After some effort first class international flights were displayed. The option to list only itineraries with first class flights would be a good thing. The last itinerary included both ANA first and TG first.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 3:15 pm

Anyone also experienced when choosing combined Miles and Money on Avianca flights there is no rebate anymore? Price per 1000 Miles vary between $30-$35. On non-Avianca flights one still can get 1000 miles close to $15.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:26 pm

bye boomies
Old Feb 5, 2019, 10:45 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by around_the_snow_globe
Was anyone able to find any First Class availability? The new website only shows "Economy on sale" and "Business for sale" for me, even for flights with First Class Saver on united.com.

I see TG F SYD-BKK on the first date I checked.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 11:04 pm

Programs: AY Platinum, UA Premier Platinum, OneWorld Emerald, VA Platinum
I found ANA F. Lufthansa F JNB>FRA first search.

Also SAA has domestic J back in action and JNB > PER/HKG in J which has been near impossible before.

Last edited by Guvner067; Feb 5, 2019 at 11:21 pm
Old Feb 6, 2019, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Some major problems with pricing... AMS-BKK-SYD BR Y to TG F is pricing out at 28K + 115K - where it should just be 115K plain and simple. Going to the slider doesn't correct the price either
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:51 am

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by Paella747
Ha! I just looked at a TG flight from BKK to DUS (via FRA), and it gave me the error when I went to the booking step.
So it took them five days to "upgrade" the website, but they didn't fix their biggest issue.
Awesome.

I wouldn't have thought their clunky website could actually be made harder to use. Yet LM has accomplished this remarkable feat, without fixing the back-end problems that make LM bookings a huge risk and a partial nightmare.
Heckuva job, LM.
RTWFF and 84fiero like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:16 am

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Agree 100%......
Why do all websites have to show everything so BIG now?!? I know it's probably for the iPads or whatever, but good god! It's like they only want to have a few words per screen anymore! Scrolling for the most basic information is so stupid when it could easily fit on one page. I hate it. Off to UA to find award space.
Agreed, it's a huge annoyance...becoming more and more common for websites lately. Of course if we could stop companies from needlessly re-designing websites in the first place, that would help too.

And sooo much white space! It almost hurts my eyes. Overall not pleasant to use at all. Granted, I didn't have high hopes that LM would actually improve the site, so I guess I'm not overly surprised.
RTWFF likes this.

Last edited by 84fiero; Feb 6, 2019 at 7:21 am
Old Feb 6, 2019, 6:13 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExP 1MM, Smiles/GOL Diamond, TudoAzul/AZUL Diamond, HHonors Gold, Accor Platinum
Awesome.
Booking will be available as of tomorrow.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 7:29 pm

Just tried my first screenshot post new website

What I believe is a valid routing was knocked back.

Per-->Sin->Bkk->Fra->Lhr

MCT is fine for all connections.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:06 pm

Programs: Lifetime *G (MP), Lifetime PE (Bonvoy)
The worst User eXperience design I've seen in a long, long time. I thought maybe the mobile App would be an improvement but the Apple version doesn't work any more - "We are undergoing a system upgrade ... visit us again during the week of February 4th"

The other "upside" is that most one-stop flights from Europe to Sydney are Air India or nobody
Old Feb 6, 2019, 10:42 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond/*G, IHG Diamond Amb, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by baggyred
Just tried my first screenshot post new website

What I believe is a valid routing was knocked back.

Per-->Sin->Bkk->Fra->Lhr

MCT is fine for all connections.
As in they refused to book it? Is the screenshot method dead now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.