FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Avianca | LifeMiles and Amigo (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo-716/)
-   -   Downgraded from F to J; any recourse? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/avianca-lifemiles-amigo/1952468-downgraded-f-j-any-recourse.html)

strfish7 Jan 22, 2019 6:07 pm

Downgraded from F to J; any recourse?

I am booked on an RT award flight on Asiana next summer in F; recently the airline emailed me that they were downgrading the return to J because of an equipment change. Am I entitled to (or is it worth asking for) a refund of the points I used to book in F? If it matters, I booked the award through Avianca LifeMiles. TIA.

roberto99 Jan 22, 2019 6:19 pm

What did Avianca LifeMiles tell you when you called them to inquire about the change?

Often1 Jan 22, 2019 6:34 pm

Impossible to answer your question without knowing the route. If, by way of example, the downgraded segment is a departure from the EU, the refund will be different than if it is not.

Complete information will yield a complete answer.

Duke787 Jan 22, 2019 10:27 pm

I'm assuming this was an A380 ---> A350 swap which I think just happened on LAX - ICN.

If other times still have the A380 you could ask for a move to that flight

strfish7 Jan 23, 2019 7:04 am

Originally Posted by roberto99 (Post 30688320)
What did Avianca LifeMiles tell you when you called them to inquire about the change?

I haven't called them yet.

strfish7 Jan 23, 2019 7:05 am

No routing through EU. LAX-ICN RT.

strfish7 Jan 23, 2019 7:06 am

Originally Posted by Duke787 (Post 30688995)
I'm assuming this was an A380 ---> A350 swap which I think just happened on LAX - ICN.

If other times still have the A380 you could ask for a move to that flight

You're correct. Would I ask Asiana or Avianca? Sorry for the newb questions, but this is the first time it's happened. I appreciate all the replies, btw.

Often1 Jan 23, 2019 7:37 am

Call the ticketing carrier. Generally, they will reroute you in F if you wish. It may not be convenient. But, if not, you are due a refund of the miles/points for the cabin class flown vs. booked.

roberto99 Jan 23, 2019 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by strfish7 (Post 30690151)
I haven't called them yet.

OP, your resolution will come from the ticketing carrier, not flyertalk.

Please call them.

Sydneyjb Jan 25, 2019 12:03 pm

Down Grade

Call the Lifemiles service center and ask for the involuntary change department

Believe it or not, They should eventually give you back the difference in mileage for the reservation if you follow their instructions to the tee! Just be patient !

strfish7 Jan 31, 2019 6:42 am

Thank you, everyone, for all the helpful responses.

keisari Feb 3, 2019 9:02 pm

I thought LM does not allow you to book round trip in 2 different classes of service
so techincally if you are flying out in F you cannot return in J
will that affect the OP if LM finds out that his routing is now in two different classes?

mlqsko Feb 4, 2019 7:19 pm

Originally Posted by keisari (Post 30736425)
I thought LM does not allow you to book round trip in 2 different classes of service
so techincally if you are flying out in F you cannot return in J
will that affect the OP if LM finds out that his routing is now in two different classes?

I thought one could book mixed classes for a while now...