Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana Shifts Locations at ICN

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2018, 6:57 pm

Does anyone know what will happen with the old lounges?
Old Sep 27, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by vprp
Does anyone know what will happen with the old lounges?
Will become the SQ and CX lounges (and possibly some other airlines' as well, can't remember off the top of my head)
Old Sep 28, 2018, 8:33 am

I am flying out of ICN mid-October.
Now I am actually getting curious how the new OZ lounges will look like.
Old Sep 28, 2018, 11:26 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by agjil
Me, too. I fly through ICN on 12-October on OZ in J. Very curious about the two different J lounges.
Old Sep 29, 2018, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by truncated
Will become the SQ and CX lounges (and possibly some other airlines' as well, can't remember off the top of my head)
SQ lounge might be a good alternative for *A passengers? I always find the OZ lounges to be crowded. Food is pretty bad, too.

Originally Posted by agjil
I have a flight on October 4. Will report back here.
Old Sep 30, 2018, 4:22 pm

Originally Posted by vprp
SQ lounge might be a good alternative for *A passengers?
I generally prefer the SQ lounges over the Y lounge alternatives, be it at ICN or other airports, with the exception being the SQ lounge at SYD. But don't expect any new SQ lounge to open soon, as I'd assume SQ will want to remodel any space first before opening up a new lounge.
Old Oct 1, 2018, 10:51 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
I will get to check new OZ lounge on 14th Oct. Hopefully they offer more variety and better foods than old lounge.
Old Oct 3, 2018, 8:06 am

In the new Asiana business lounge now. I think it's a slight improvement over the old lounge with a bit more of a contemporary feel. Same types of seating but all of the furniture is new.

The food area and the bar area are now on opposite sides of the lounge. The food offerings have improved slightly. There were 4 warm dishes as opposed to 2 warm dishes previously.

It's 11 pm and I am waiting for a shower before my Qatar Airlines flight. I asked if they accept priority pass here and I was told they do if you are flying Asiana for a 30,000 KRW fee. Does anyone know if this was the policy at the old lounge as well?
Old Oct 7, 2018, 4:37 pm

Programs: TK Gold

Seems there are electronic doors in the lounge now
Old Oct 12, 2018, 5:33 pm
formerly 1984SW

Programs: UA
Checked out the two new Business Class lounges yesterday. The "Central" one seems a bit larger and was busier when I was there at around 100pm. I was in the "East" one from about 1100am to 245pm except for a half hour when I checked out the Central one. The East one seemed less busy. Both lounges have self-service electronic gates that scan your boarding pass for entry. It's probably just teething pains, but there was pretty much an agent at the gates full time to deal with all the error scans. You need to scan your boarding pass when exiting the lounges, too, and lots of displeased folks with that, it seems (and lots of error beeps when exiting, too.)

The entrance to the Central lounge is near Gate 26, but it's across the hall. The entrance to the East lounge is near Gate 11, on the same side as the gates.

Indeed there are four hot entrees, and they're the same in both lounges.

I had a shower in the East lounge just before 200pm, and there was no wait. Shower room isn't large, but big enough for purpose.

Overall, I think the lounges are okay, but I prefer the quieter East one.
Old Oct 13, 2018, 8:59 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond
At OZ lounge now. Agree with 1984sw comments about "central lounge" small and not recommended while one on East is bigger and less crowded and it makes quieter.
Old Oct 17, 2018, 9:01 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
noob question: is there are new OZ F lounge at ICN?

Last edited by yauee; Oct 17, 2018 at 9:06 pm
Old Oct 18, 2018, 1:20 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
Yes, next to gate 11 and the "east" business lounge.
Old Oct 18, 2018, 7:52 am

Programs: A3 Gold, SQ Gold, AT Gold, Accor Silver, HHonors Diamond, I Prefer Elite, DISCOVERY Titanium
Thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.