Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Asiana cease to issue Plastic Membership Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2018, 1:26 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE, AA, UA, *G
I got mine last April, so it was possible then.. I would assume it still is. Please let us know if it's not!

When you're exiting baggage claim, it's at the far right end of the arrivals hall.
Old Feb 27, 2018, 4:48 pm

That's great - thank you. Will update after I try!
Old Mar 27, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: AF
Hello. I visited the main Asiana Airlines sales office today afternoon at their HQ (76 Saemunan-ro, Sajik-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul) and enquired about a plastic card. The sales lady asked for my ID after I showed my e-card (I am Diamond tier) and 2 minutes later I was walking out with the card and a bag tag.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: OZ Diamond, UA, AF
Originally Posted by jeremy2002
Hello. I visited the main Asiana Airlines sales office today afternoon at their HQ (76 Saemunan-ro, Sajik-dong, Jongno-gu, Seoul) and enquired about a plastic card. The sales lady asked for my ID after I showed my e-card (I am Diamond tier) and 2 minutes later I was walking out with the card and a bag tag.
Thanks for the update, glad to hear it still works. I hope they'll still keep this up until it's time for my renewal next Feb.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:07 am

Programs: OZ Diamond
I got my card last year Dec at ICN airport on the spot when request for it.
Old Mar 28, 2018, 6:25 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Got a card in ~2 minutes at the OZ Club counter (in the departures area) at ICN two weeks ago so can verify that it still works and is available.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by jeremy2002
Thanks for sharing! Can confirm this, went there today to pickup my Asiana Club card and bag tags (Diamond). The ticketing office is on 2nd floor, when you enter the building, there are stairs on the left side leading to the main ticketing office. I was a bit confused in the beginning since it seems like a pure office building with no customer area
Old Apr 29, 2018, 7:52 pm

Trying to access Lufthansa lounges at two German airports recently, the lack of a physical OZ card caused me delay at both even though the booking indicated my status. The LH representative told me I needed to print out the digital card for use. I would prefer that OZ just issue cards, as they formerly did.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 12:45 am

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by HarbourGent
Trying to access Lufthansa lounges at two German airports recently, the lack of a physical OZ card caused me delay at both even though the booking indicated my status. The LH representative told me I needed to print out the digital card for use. I would prefer that OZ just issue cards, as they formerly did.
Interested to hear at which? Presuming it's an outstation. I've trekked the FRA and MUC senator lounges pretty frequently recently and haven't been asked for a physical card a single time.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:08 am

Programs: OZ Platinum LifeTime; DL PM; QF Gold; VA Gold; HH Diamond; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by zeer0
Interested to hear at which? Presuming it's an outstation. I've trekked the FRA and MUC senator lounges pretty frequently recently and haven't been asked for a physical card a single time.
Likewise. Also add to the list TXL where I had zero problems with the digital card...
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:42 am

Programs: Costco Executive, RaceTrac Sultan of Soda, Chick-fil-A Red
FRA and MUC haven't asked for any type of card in years, ZRH however will always demand plastic, no matter what. This is the only instance where *A carriers still must issue them
Old Apr 30, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: UA MP, NW WP, AA
Originally Posted by vinx
I got my card last year Dec at ICN airport on the spot when request for it.
Where at ICN? Any place at airside that I can get a card and/or a luggage tag?
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by zeer0
​​​​​​​DUS and FRA.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:46 am

Originally Posted by miamiflyer8
FRA and MUC haven't asked for any type of card in years, ZRH however will always demand plastic, no matter what. This is the only instance where *A carriers still must issue them
Same for BRU and DUS, they almost always ask for a physical card but usually when I show them the digital card it's fine
Old Apr 30, 2018, 7:55 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ Diamond Plus, BA Silver
Originally Posted by LAX/HKG

Where at ICN? Any place at airside that I can get a card and/or a luggage tag?
Landside unfortunately — at the Asiana Club desks in the departures hall at (IIRC) the end of row K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.