Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Why I'm not going to Korea (and not because of MERS)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Why I'm not going to Korea (and not because of MERS)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:08 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
You're right, and problem solved... discount carrier Eastar was happy to sell me a ticket on my US credit card, for about half the price that Asiana was unwilling to sell me their ticket without a Korean credit card. Plus I'll be able to use the OZ lounges at both ends anyway thanks to PP. Jeju here I come!
so after all the bi*ching, you are still going to jeju? funny.

but since you are going, here are few suggestions. Try the belt fish while you are there. It has bunch of weird names but in Korean it's called Gal-chi. You get 3 feet long fish served on a table in a hot broth. Worth every penny.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:32 pm

Not to rain on your parade, but summer's a terrible time to go to Jeju. Just....too many people.

Try the jeju black boar too.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 2:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by stupidhead
Not to rain on your parade, but summer's a terrible time to go to Jeju. Just....too many people.

And Hallasan soju to wash it down.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 12:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by sunrider101
so after all the bi*ching, you are still going to jeju? funny.
Hey, my problem wasn't with Jeju, it was with Asiana's website and ticketing policies (so I flew Eastar). I just got back, and except for one tactical error (not having an international driver's license), everything went great.

Originally Posted by stupidhead

Actually, the crowds weren't that bad, since because of the MERS scare there were virtually no foreign tourists around, only Koreans. I felt a bit bad for some of the businesses. But yes, I did try the black boar and it was very tasty.
Old Jul 22, 2015, 7:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
Hey, my problem wasn't with Jeju, it was with Asiana's website and ticketing policies (so I flew Eastar). I just got back, and except for one tactical error (not having an international driver's license), everything went great.

Actually, the crowds weren't that bad, since because of the MERS scare there were virtually no foreign tourists around, only Koreans. I felt a bit bad for some of the businesses. But yes, I did try the black boar and it was very tasty.
Did you end up with some nice weather or just rain and cloudy like us on the mainland?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.