Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2012, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Goodbye skirts?

Say it isn't so?!
http://www.cnngo.com/seoul/life/asia...-skirts-100660
Old Mar 7, 2012, 6:15 pm

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold
My personal opinion - the KE pants that some of the KE FAs now wear look absolutely awful. I certainly hope OZ realizes that their cabin staff are repeatedly honored with being the best in the world for reasons. Going about changing things that have worked towards putting OZ on top will likely result in disaster. If OZ's policy is that their FAs wear skirts, then the FAs need to accept that or find a job with a different airline or different job all together. Now the color of the uniform isn't the greatest, although I still prefer it over the KE uniforms.

I will admit that I've often wondered how OZ FAs manage to squat down when they want to talk to a passenger eye-to-eye. It looks horribly uncomfortable. But at the same time I greatly admire them for doing so, to handle difficult tasks with such grace. Make me to appreciate them so much more compared to their lazy counterparts on other airlines elsewhere in the world.
Old Mar 7, 2012, 11:48 pm

I can understand why this is a legitimate complaint for the female flight attendants. Having to show your crotch while doing routine tasks should never happen. They have a right to complain.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:13 am

Programs: DL PM, OZ DM+, CX DM, LH SEN
Originally Posted by A_Lee
My personal opinion - the KE pants that some of the KE FAs now wear look absolutely awful. I certainly hope OZ realizes that their cabin staff are repeatedly honored with being the best in the world for reasons.
I don't think the KE uniform looks that bad and even in the absence of skirts is better looking than the awful colored uniform OZ FA's have to wear.

The quality of service doesn't need to be compromised just because they wear pants. On the contrary if they feel more comfortable, and less concerned about 'exposing' themselves, whilst wearing pants then the quality of service should improve.

I say let them wear pants.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by A_Lee
I certainly hope OZ realizes that their cabin staff are repeatedly honored with being the best in the world for reasons. Going about changing things that have worked towards putting OZ on top will likely result in disaster.
I agree that OZ's cabin staff are the best (certainly amongst the airlines that I fly with), but I don't think the wearing of skirts has anything to do with this.

I just can't see how changing from skirts to trousers (or 'pants' as our US friends like to call them) is going to have any detrimental effect on the service. If they feel more comfortable in trousers/pants then let them change.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 2:45 pm

Originally Posted by SirJman
"The uniform was designed based on [a] hanbok, [a] Korean traditional dress..." ""The regulations are simply guidlines that should be followed when wearing our uniform. The flight attendants won't be punished or [debarred] from promotion if they don't." -Asiana Airlines Representative

Nonsense. Hanboks are full length dresses. They are not above-the-knee like the skirts worn by the FAs. And, I'm quite certain they'll be chastised for not wearing contoured skirts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.