Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Asiana | Asiana Club
Reload this Page >

Clarification on miles needed for Gold/Diamond

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:08 pm
Original Poster

If I sign up for OZ's FFP this year and then make a 20k trip home to australia, I would achieve gold/*S right I think.
Making the same trip again next year, would I reach diamond/*G in that trip (with another 20k?) or does it reset when I hit gold/*S and I have to make 40k miles from that point on?

The wording with 'advanced bonus term' on their website and things not counting confuses me a little =(
Old Oct 10, 2011, 6:36 pm

Programs: QF Bronze, OZ Diamond, KE
Am in a near-identical situation to you, thavidu (just one flight ahead hehe). I've interpreted things the same way as you. Happy for someone to correct us if we've misread the guide?

Advanced Bonus Term and stuff refers (I think) to changes in the programme made in 2008...
Old Oct 10, 2011, 7:49 pm

Programs: OZ LT D+, UA 1K, AS MVPG AF Gold, SPG Platinum (8 years), Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by thavidu
If I sign up for OZ's FFP this year and then make a 20k trip home to australia, I would achieve gold/*S right I think.
Making the same trip again next year, would I reach diamond/*G in that trip (with another 20k?) or does it reset when I hit gold/*S and I have to make 40k miles from that point on?

The wording with 'advanced bonus term' on their website and things not counting confuses me a little =(
it's rolling based.. if you register now, your starting point is the date you registered. From the date, 24 months will be counted to get 20k or 40k miles... And, once you qualified, your re-qualification period is bi-annually based on the date you registered..
Old Oct 10, 2011, 8:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OneWorldTraveller
it's rolling based.. if you register now, your starting point is the date you registered. From the date, 24 months will be counted to get 20k or 40k miles... And, once you qualified, your re-qualification period is bi-annually based on the date you registered..
Bi-annually?? so every 6 months they check how many points we've got and change status accordingly? :S that seems odd, i thought we would qualify as soon as we hit the points...

To rephrase my question, once you hit that first 20k and qualify for *Silver, does it reset to 0 and start a new period with the new status or just keep counting towards 40k? (hoping for the latter)

@Daxiuyi: /hi5
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: oz*g, spg plat
Bi-annually?? so every 6 months they check how many points we've got and change status accordingly? :S that seems odd, i thought we would qualify as soon as we hit the points...

To rephrase my question, once you hit that first 20k and qualify for *Silver, does it reset to 0 and start a new period with the new status or just keep counting towards 40k? (hoping for the latter)

you'll get diamond -- it doesn't reset after you hit a new status level. at least, that's what happened for me.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 9:11 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by psych
you'll get diamond -- it doesn't reset after you hit a new status level. at least, that's what happened for me.
yay thanks for confirming =D
Old Oct 11, 2011, 1:58 am

Programs: TG ROP Gold, Lifetime OZ Diamond Plus, BA Gold

I believe "bi-annual" has two very different definitions. Either it can mean twice a year, or once every two years. In this case, it should mean once every two years.
Old Oct 11, 2011, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
Originally Posted by A_Lee
I believe "bi-annual" has two very different definitions. Either it can mean twice a year, or once every two years. In this case, it should mean once every two years.

A_lee is correct. when they say bi-annual, it means your membership level last 2 full years, before they consider dropping it (if you fail to requalify)

on the side note, after you get 20k, you get gold, and then it continues to pile on and when you hit 40k, you get diamond (thus the clock does NOT return to zero after you hit gold)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.