Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Asia
Reload this Page >

Where to go for luxury beach vacation in Southeast Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to go for luxury beach vacation in Southeast Asia?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
In Sri Lanka you do get the white sandy beaches too but in the East of Sri Lanka. Yes not Maldives quality but still fairly good. Philippines has some good white sandy beaches too in Boracay and Palawan and also Dahican beach near Mati in Mindanao. But again nothing like Maldives. The attraction of the Maldives is that each resort is one island by itself and each island is enclosed by a reef and the lagoon and that protects the white sandy beaches too.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
I also mean the water. From what I’ve heard, many places in Sri Lanka, it’s not advisable to swim
because of strong currents. And the water also won’t necessarily be very clear.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 9:58 pm

Programs: EVA Air , * G, QR Privilege Club S
Not so. It depends on the beach and the side of the island. Pasikuda on the eastern side is supposed to be one of the nicest beaches with white sand. Yes there is no reef or lagoon like in The Maldives but is is becoming popular. It is clear in Pasikuda and on the eastern side resorts. Getting there may be an issue as I think the drive is very long but you may be able to take a domestic flight to either Batticola or Pasikuda and I think the airline is Cinnamon Air. I think they operate Cessna Grand Caravans from Colombo to their various destinations. But the resort you chose would be able to help you better as they would have special rates for their clients.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:55 am

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
How about Nha Trang resorts in Vietname? It may not be luxurious like Aman but they do have some higher end resorts with private beaches. And honestly this is one of the few beaches in SE Asia that are clean, not wavy, family friendly and not much hassle,
Old Aug 10, 2019, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by dav662
Not so. It depends on the beach and the side of the island. Pasikuda on the eastern side is supposed to be one of the nicest beaches with white sand. Yes there is no reef or lagoon like in The Maldives but is is becoming popular. It is clear in Pasikuda and on the eastern side resorts. Getting there may be an issue as I think the drive is very long but you may be able to take a domestic flight to either Batticola or Pasikuda and I think the airline is Cinnamon Air. I think they operate Cessna Grand Caravans from Colombo to their various destinations. But the resort you chose would be able to help you better as they would have special rates for their clients.
Been going to Passikudah, Sri Lanka since 1975 when my Father in law was part of a joint venture in building one of the very first hotels on that side of the island. It is to me still one of the most awesome places on the island with gorgeous beaches and clear water. Also they harbor the largest jumbo prawns that i have ever seen anywhere in the world @ 4-6 to a kilo and simply delicious. If you are also a cyclist like me, the roads are fantastic for riding to Batti or Trinco. We drive from Colombo to Passikudah many many many times and a tough drive but well worth it.. We will be heading back again mid october for another 6 1/2 months like every year..
Old Aug 11, 2019, 1:45 pm

Programs: BA Executive Club, QR Privilege Club, HH Gold
I have literally got back from the Banyan Tree Lang Co this afternoon after doing 5 nights in Hoi An and 5 nights in BT. Highly recommend, plus the beach is up there with Layana Ko lanta and FS Langkawi (went to both last year).

Message me if you want to know anything else.

1readyset2go likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2019, 9:11 pm
rjh

Programs: Kam Leng; Two Dragons GH
Regarding Phu Quoc in VN, I saw this on Twitter:

Last edited by rjh; Aug 11, 2019 at 9:14 pm Reason: removed redundant text
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Digging up my own old thread here.
We went to Phuket a couple weeks ago. The Surin and its beach are superb. The Amanpuri next door looked very good as well.
First time we’ve been to a really nice hotel with a really nice beach in Southeast Asia.
JNelson113 and Pocatello like this.
Old Apr 12, 2022, 9:16 pm

Programs: SPG, Marriott, United, SWA, AA
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Digging up my own old thread here.
We went to Phuket a couple weeks ago. The Surin and its beach are superb. The Amanpuri next door looked very good as well.
First time we’ve been to a really nice hotel with a really nice beach in Southeast Asia.
I have stayed at Amanpuri and it was amazing. What is even more amazing is Aman's sister property in the Philippines Amanpulo. Consistently cited as one of the best super lux properties on one of the best beaches in the world with service to match.

https://www.aman.com/resorts/amanpulo/gallery

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.