FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Argentina (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina-622/)
-   -   EZE with GOL or AEP with AR? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/argentina/1903750-eze-gol-aep-ar.html)

Lucentis Apr 13, 2018 4:21 am

EZE with GOL or AEP with AR?

Hello and sorry for double posting in another forum, but I need your advice... After resceduling of my original flight with GOL premium GRU-AEP I can wether keep it and fly to EZE or try to rebook on another GOL flight, operated by Aerolineas arriving at AEP (do AR offer better product on this route?). Is it worth calling the Agent etc etc? Thanks a lot!

Marambio Apr 13, 2018 11:26 am

I have not tried Gol Premium but, as per their website, the product seems pretty similar to the one offered by AR's Club Economy.

Assuming you are staying in Buenos Aires and not connecting to another flight, I would fly to AEP as it is much more convenient than EZE -- pretty much like flying to TXL instead of SXF in Berlin.

Lucentis Apr 13, 2018 12:34 pm

Originally Posted by Marambio (Post 29636738)
I have not tried Gol Premium but, as per their website, the product seems pretty similar to the one offered by AR's Club Economy.

Assuming you are staying in Buenos Aires and not connecting to another flight, I would fly to AEP as it is much more convenient than EZE -- pretty much like flying to TXL instead of SXF in Berlin.

Thank you very much Marambio​​​​​​​! Nice parallel to Berlin :) Would you see both airlines as comparable regarding on-time performance, cancellations and service? Thanks a lot!!

macdonaldj2 Apr 13, 2018 2:51 pm

AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible

Eastbay1K Apr 13, 2018 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 (Post 29637542)
AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible

AEP is much closer to the entire city, but depending on where you are going, the time savings might be insignificant. From the city center north, it certainly makes sense. South, not so much. Without traffic, I'm to/from San Telmo <-> EZE in 25 to 30 minutes. I don't know if I've ever gotten to/from AEP in less time. (Of course, the fares are a lot lower from AEP.)

Marambio Apr 13, 2018 3:19 pm

Originally Posted by Lucentis (Post 29637053)

Thank you very much Marambio! Nice parallel to Berlin :) Would you see both airlines as comparable regarding on-time performance, cancellations and service? Thanks a lot!!

​​​​​​​
I have never flown Gol but they have been on the business for quite a few years now and I never heard anything wrong about them, which I guess means they are reliable. All my last flights with AR (domestic and international) were also very decent -- on time, didn't lose my bag, service was ok. I guess neither is Emirates First, but they normally get you from A to B without issues.

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 (Post 29637542)

I was at EZE two weeks ago during the early morning arrivals peak time and immigration took ca. 40 minutes. Is it that bad at AEP?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K (Post 29637592)
AEP is much closer to the entire city, but depending on where you are going, the time savings might be insignificant. From the city center north, it certainly makes sense. South, not so much. Without traffic, I'm to/from San Telmo <-> EZE in 25 to 30 minutes. I don't know if I've ever gotten to/from AEP in less time. (Of course, the fares are a lot lower from AEP.)

It also depends on the time of the day. I live in what you call centre-north so AEP is always much more convenient than EZE (I actually see the planes that have taken off AEP from my living room), but I work down south (La Boca) -- on a weekday during the morning rush hour, getting from EZE to La Boca can take more than 1 hour, whereas AEP is 30 minutes or so. And indeed, taxis are always cheaper from AEP than ex-EZE.

Lucentis Apr 13, 2018 11:34 pm

Thank you guys for your help! We will be staying at Four Seasons, so about 1h ride from EZE versus 20 min from AEP, right? My GOL flight GRU-EZE would be 10.10-13.00, compared to AR GRU-AEP 10.30-13.20. Is it worth rebooking?
Thank you!!

Gaucho100K Apr 14, 2018 12:00 pm

What day of the week are you flying in to Buenos Aires...? If I had a choice like yours, I would select AEP over EZE. EZE doesnt receive many International flights, so while their immigration facilities are much smaller the workload is also smaller so in my view it is a wash. Given the timing difference, you probably wont save any time between options since your 20 minute later arrival into AEP will kill the 20 minutes saved to EZE given the longer transit time into the City.

Lucentis Apr 14, 2018 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K (Post 29640155)
What day of the week are you flying in to Buenos Aires...? If I had a choice like yours, I would select AEP over EZE. EZE doesnt receive many International flights, so while their immigration facilities are much smaller the workload is also smaller so in my view it is a wash. Given the timing difference, you probably wont save any time between options since your 20 minute later arrival into AEP will kill the 20 minutes saved to EZE given the longer transit time into the City.

It's a Saturday, but after contacting GOL I don't have any other options as to fly to EZE, since they don't rebook me to a codeshare flight operated by Aerolineas. Can live with that. Thank you for your help guys!!