Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

EZE with GOL or AEP with AR?

Old Apr 13, 18, 4:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, QR Silver, SPG Gold

Hello and sorry for double posting in another forum, but I need your advice... After resceduling of my original flight with GOL premium GRU-AEP I can wether keep it and fly to EZE or try to rebook on another GOL flight, operated by Aerolineas arriving at AEP (do AR offer better product on this route?). Is it worth calling the Agent etc etc? Thanks a lot!
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:26 am
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
I have not tried Gol Premium but, as per their website, the product seems pretty similar to the one offered by AR's Club Economy.

Assuming you are staying in Buenos Aires and not connecting to another flight, I would fly to AEP as it is much more convenient than EZE -- pretty much like flying to TXL instead of SXF in Berlin.
Old Apr 13, 18, 12:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
I have not tried Gol Premium but, as per their website, the product seems pretty similar to the one offered by AR's Club Economy.

Assuming you are staying in Buenos Aires and not connecting to another flight, I would fly to AEP as it is much more convenient than EZE -- pretty much like flying to TXL instead of SXF in Berlin.
Thank you very much Marambio​​​​​​​! Nice parallel to Berlin Would you see both airlines as comparable regarding on-time performance, cancellations and service? Thanks a lot!!
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:51 pm

Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible
Old Apr 13, 18, 3:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible
AEP is much closer to the entire city, but depending on where you are going, the time savings might be insignificant. From the city center north, it certainly makes sense. South, not so much. Without traffic, I'm to/from San Telmo <-> EZE in 25 to 30 minutes. I don't know if I've ever gotten to/from AEP in less time. (Of course, the fares are a lot lower from AEP.)
Old Apr 13, 18, 3:19 pm
2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by Lucentis View Post

Thank you very much Marambio! Nice parallel to Berlin Would you see both airlines as comparable regarding on-time performance, cancellations and service? Thanks a lot!!
​​​​​​​
I have never flown Gol but they have been on the business for quite a few years now and I never heard anything wrong about them, which I guess means they are reliable. All my last flights with AR (domestic and international) were also very decent -- on time, didn't lose my bag, service was ok. I guess neither is Emirates First, but they normally get you from A to B without issues.

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
I was at EZE two weeks ago during the early morning arrivals peak time and immigration took ca. 40 minutes. Is it that bad at AEP?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
AEP is much closer to the entire city, but depending on where you are going, the time savings might be insignificant. From the city center north, it certainly makes sense. South, not so much. Without traffic, I'm to/from San Telmo <-> EZE in 25 to 30 minutes. I don't know if I've ever gotten to/from AEP in less time. (Of course, the fares are a lot lower from AEP.)
It also depends on the time of the day. I live in what you call centre-north so AEP is always much more convenient than EZE (I actually see the planes that have taken off AEP from my living room), but I work down south (La Boca) -- on a weekday during the morning rush hour, getting from EZE to La Boca can take more than 1 hour, whereas AEP is 30 minutes or so. And indeed, taxis are always cheaper from AEP than ex-EZE.
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:34 pm
Original Poster

Thank you guys for your help! We will be staying at Four Seasons, so about 1h ride from EZE versus 20 min from AEP, right? My GOL flight GRU-EZE would be 10.10-13.00, compared to AR GRU-AEP 10.30-13.20. Is it worth rebooking?
Thank you!!
Panam Clipper likes this.
Old Apr 14, 18, 12:00 pm
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
What day of the week are you flying in to Buenos Aires...? If I had a choice like yours, I would select AEP over EZE. EZE doesnt receive many International flights, so while their immigration facilities are much smaller the workload is also smaller so in my view it is a wash. Given the timing difference, you probably wont save any time between options since your 20 minute later arrival into AEP will kill the 20 minutes saved to EZE given the longer transit time into the City.
Old Apr 14, 18, 11:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
What day of the week are you flying in to Buenos Aires...? If I had a choice like yours, I would select AEP over EZE. EZE doesnt receive many International flights, so while their immigration facilities are much smaller the workload is also smaller so in my view it is a wash. Given the timing difference, you probably wont save any time between options since your 20 minute later arrival into AEP will kill the 20 minutes saved to EZE given the longer transit time into the City.
It's a Saturday, but after contacting GOL I don't have any other options as to fly to EZE, since they don't rebook me to a codeshare flight operated by Aerolineas. Can live with that. Thank you for your help guys!!