Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

EZE with GOL or AEP with AR?

EZE with GOL or AEP with AR?

Reply

Old Apr 13, 18, 4:21 am
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NUE, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, QR Silver, SPG Gold
Posts: 159
EZE with GOL or AEP with AR?

Hello and sorry for double posting in another forum, but I need your advice... After resceduling of my original flight with GOL premium GRU-AEP I can wether keep it and fly to EZE or try to rebook on another GOL flight, operated by Aerolineas arriving at AEP (do AR offer better product on this route?). Is it worth calling the Agent etc etc? Thanks a lot!
Lucentis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:26 am
  #2  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 496
I have not tried Gol Premium but, as per their website, the product seems pretty similar to the one offered by AR's Club Economy.

Assuming you are staying in Buenos Aires and not connecting to another flight, I would fly to AEP as it is much more convenient than EZE -- pretty much like flying to TXL instead of SXF in Berlin.
Marambio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 12:34 pm
  #3  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NUE, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, QR Silver, SPG Gold
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by Marambio View Post
I have not tried Gol Premium but, as per their website, the product seems pretty similar to the one offered by AR's Club Economy.

Assuming you are staying in Buenos Aires and not connecting to another flight, I would fly to AEP as it is much more convenient than EZE -- pretty much like flying to TXL instead of SXF in Berlin.
Thank you very much Marambio​​​​​​​! Nice parallel to Berlin Would you see both airlines as comparable regarding on-time performance, cancellations and service? Thanks a lot!!
Lucentis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 2:51 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C via Boston via New York
Posts: 1,163
AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible
macdonaldj2 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 3:03 pm
  #5  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 1999
Location: Over the Bay Bridge, CA
Programs: Jumbo mas
Posts: 29,891
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible
AEP is much closer to the entire city, but depending on where you are going, the time savings might be insignificant. From the city center north, it certainly makes sense. South, not so much. Without traffic, I'm to/from San Telmo <-> EZE in 25 to 30 minutes. I don't know if I've ever gotten to/from AEP in less time. (Of course, the fares are a lot lower from AEP.)
Eastbay1K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 3:19 pm
  #6  
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Buenos Aires
Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Posts: 496
Originally Posted by Lucentis View Post

Thank you very much Marambio! Nice parallel to Berlin Would you see both airlines as comparable regarding on-time performance, cancellations and service? Thanks a lot!!
​​​​​​​
I have never flown Gol but they have been on the business for quite a few years now and I never heard anything wrong about them, which I guess means they are reliable. All my last flights with AR (domestic and international) were also very decent -- on time, didn't lose my bag, service was ok. I guess neither is Emirates First, but they normally get you from A to B without issues.

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2 View Post
AEP is more convenient for staying in the city, however their immigration lines at peak times are terrible
I was at EZE two weeks ago during the early morning arrivals peak time and immigration took ca. 40 minutes. Is it that bad at AEP?

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K View Post
AEP is much closer to the entire city, but depending on where you are going, the time savings might be insignificant. From the city center north, it certainly makes sense. South, not so much. Without traffic, I'm to/from San Telmo <-> EZE in 25 to 30 minutes. I don't know if I've ever gotten to/from AEP in less time. (Of course, the fares are a lot lower from AEP.)
It also depends on the time of the day. I live in what you call centre-north so AEP is always much more convenient than EZE (I actually see the planes that have taken off AEP from my living room), but I work down south (La Boca) -- on a weekday during the morning rush hour, getting from EZE to La Boca can take more than 1 hour, whereas AEP is 30 minutes or so. And indeed, taxis are always cheaper from AEP than ex-EZE.
Marambio is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 13, 18, 11:34 pm
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NUE, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, QR Silver, SPG Gold
Posts: 159
Thank you guys for your help! We will be staying at Four Seasons, so about 1h ride from EZE versus 20 min from AEP, right? My GOL flight GRU-EZE would be 10.10-13.00, compared to AR GRU-AEP 10.30-13.20. Is it worth rebooking?
Thank you!!
Panam Clipper likes this.
Lucentis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 18, 12:00 pm
  #8  
Moderator, Argentina; FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: EZE (Buenos Aires)
Programs: Lord of Malbec & All Wines Argentine
Posts: 34,942
What day of the week are you flying in to Buenos Aires...? If I had a choice like yours, I would select AEP over EZE. EZE doesnt receive many International flights, so while their immigration facilities are much smaller the workload is also smaller so in my view it is a wash. Given the timing difference, you probably wont save any time between options since your 20 minute later arrival into AEP will kill the 20 minutes saved to EZE given the longer transit time into the City.
Gaucho100K is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 14, 18, 11:54 pm
  #9  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NUE, ZRH
Programs: LH SEN, QR Silver, SPG Gold
Posts: 159
Originally Posted by Gaucho100K View Post
What day of the week are you flying in to Buenos Aires...? If I had a choice like yours, I would select AEP over EZE. EZE doesnt receive many International flights, so while their immigration facilities are much smaller the workload is also smaller so in my view it is a wash. Given the timing difference, you probably wont save any time between options since your 20 minute later arrival into AEP will kill the 20 minutes saved to EZE given the longer transit time into the City.
It's a Saturday, but after contacting GOL I don't have any other options as to fly to EZE, since they don't rebook me to a codeshare flight operated by Aerolineas. Can live with that. Thank you for your help guys!!
Lucentis is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread