Immigration/customs wait times at EZE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Immigration/customs wait times at EZE

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I went through it a couple of days ago and had to wait only 5 minutes, the new hall seems quite efficient.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by danola
I went through it a couple of days ago and had to wait only 5 minutes, the new hall seems quite efficient.
There are recent wait reports of over an hour. The only thing I know to expect is that I never know what to expect.
Old Oct 22, 2018, 9:25 pm

Programs: Flying Blue Gold
Originally Posted by danola
What time was it when you went through immigration/customs? My last EZE landing was in July and immigration was reasonable thanks to the new e-gates (for Argentine passport only), but I have heard pretty bad experiences over the last few months, particularly in the "extranjeros" lane.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:35 am

We landed at EZE on 9 November around 10:15 am and the immigration wait was between 40-50 minutes. The line actually moves pretty quickly, but one or two other flights landed around the same time. We were flying at the front of the plane, so had we not taken our time deplaning and a restroom break, we probably would have been in line ahead of other people (our connecting flight out of AEP was delayed by 2 hours so we decided not to rush). We did not have any checked luggage. One thing I noticed about the immigration hall and basically the entire airport was that the AC was not powerful enough and felt like it was non-existent, so that felt quite miserable.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 5:31 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
One month ago it took me 30 minutes to leave the plane ( BA ex LHR ) , go though immigration ( I ama an Arg resident) , pick up my bags and clear customs - the best time in about 5 years.

Last week it took my sister one hour and 20 minutes , arriving on the same flight at the same time
HIDDY likes this.
Old Dec 3, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by malagajohn
One month ago it took me 30 minutes to leave the plane ( BA ex LHR ) , go though immigration ( I ama an Arg resident) , pick up my bags and clear customs - the best time in about 5 years.

Last week it took my sister one hour and 20 minutes , arriving on the same flight at the same time
Yep - it really is pot luck. Same flight for us the other week (BA245) - landed early at 0840; sat on the tarmac waiting for the gate to become free for half an hour during which a couple of other heavies from Europe taxiied past us to their gates. Disembarked at 0910; Cleared immigration and customs at 1100. That's the worst wait I've ever had
Old Dec 10, 2018, 8:08 am

Landed on BA245 this morning. Can’t vouch for the “extranjeros” queue but the one for locals was non-existant thanks to the new passport e-gates. Customs was also done in a breeze. The whole process took me ca. 30 minutes from airplane to parking area because I had to wait for my bag, otherwise it would have been much shorter.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: UA GS
Are there particular days/times that are worse than others? I'm going for the first time in two weeks - arriving Friday around 11am, leaving Monday at 9pm. Any reports on what to expect?
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by villox
Are there particular days/times that are worse than others? I'm going for the first time in two weeks - arriving Friday around 11am, leaving Monday at 9pm. Any reports on what to expect?
The only thing you can expect is that you never know what to expect.
Jan 2 at approx. 5pm, there was almost no immigration wait for arrivals, and baggage was relatively efficient. No customs lines to speak of.
Jan 8 at approx. 7pm, there was a very short wait for security, and then maybe 10 to 15 minutes for exit migraciones. I was rather shocked. Given the sea of lost humanity waiting in various lines in check-in counters, I suspect those lines became a lot worse shortly thereafter.
Old Jan 10, 2019, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
The only thing you can expect is that you never know what to expect.
Jan 2 at approx. 5pm, there was almost no immigration wait for arrivals, and baggage was relatively efficient. No customs lines to speak of.
Jan 8 at approx. 7pm, there was a very short wait for security, and then maybe 10 to 15 minutes for exit migraciones. I was rather shocked. Given the sea of lost humanity waiting in various lines in check-in counters, I suspect those lines became a lot worse shortly thereafter.
Arrivals is different because people there have to follow different signs depending on their nationality (Argentines, Mercosur, Others), but I suspect immigration at departures is now considerably better thanks to the new e-gates for Argentine passport holders.

The rush hour for arrivals is usually between 7.30 and 11 a.m., which is when most widebodies from Europe and the USA land. But yes, it’s basically a lottery – even at the rush hour sometimes you are lucky and sometimes you have to wait for almost an hour to get stamped.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 7:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I personally avoid those arrival/departure times but only because I'm fortunate enough to be able to do so.

As said it can be a bit of a lottery however overall it does seem to have got a lot better than it used to be when over one hour was normal. I wouldn't worry about it, just go with the flow.
Old Jan 12, 2019, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HIDDY
I personally avoid those arrival/departure times but only because I'm fortunate enough to be able to do so.

As said it can be a bit of a lottery however overall it does seem to have got a lot better than it used to be when over one hour was normal. I wouldn't worry about it, just go with the flow.
I've had it so hit and miss at any hour that I just know to expect that I never know what to expect, as I've already said. I've arrived EZE (for departures) during very slow times when there's only 1 WTMD open, and very few immigration officers, so the lines back up substantially. I've been there during peak hours and things flow relatively smoothly.
HIDDY likes this.
Old Jan 17, 2019, 9:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
IME immigration upon arrival from the USA hasn't been bad as I'm one of the first ones off the plane. It's the arrival customs that can be very slow when they X-ray all incoming items.
Old Jan 18, 2019, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
IME immigration upon arrival from the USA hasn't been bad as I'm one of the first ones off the plane. It's the arrival customs that can be very slow when they X-ray all incoming items.
As a point of reference, how frequently do you arrive EZE on an international flight?
Old Sep 8, 2023, 7:02 am

Wait times EZE

Not sure I'm posting correctly, but I have two options for flying through EZE (on way to Ushuaia): Delta (arriving 10 am, which gives us 3 hours to clear immigration & customs and re-check in) and American (arriving 9 am, with a 4 hour layover). Would prefer to do Delta but travel agent is advising American to give enough time. We're traveling business. Any advice appreciated.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.