Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Americas > Argentina
Reload this Page >

Late night arrival in BA - how to handle?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MM, OZ, OK

Hi everyone,

I am going on a South America trip in November and have some days in Buenos Aires during that. Unfortunately I will arrive more or less in the middle of the night - 0230 am. Maybe there are delays in the flight, but I won't count on that. Can you give me some advice to manage this?
Is it possible to go to the city and check in somewhere at that time or should I try to stay near the airport for the night (or in a dayroom) and head for the city next morning? I have a Star Gold Card, but as I'm arriving on Conviasa, I don't think it would grant me access to any lounge, right?

Thanks already for all answers
Old Sep 30, 2011, 8:32 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Hotels in Buenos Aires will be used to people checking in at odd hours of the night so after you arrive just head into the city and get to bed.

I had to Google Conviasa as I'd never heard of them before you mentioned it.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 10:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
(1) There are currently no "airport" hotels to speak of.
(2) There are no arrivals lounges of any type, no matter how shiny your *A card (or any other card) may be.
(3) I will not suggest a "telo." Don't ask.
(4) You might want to look for some clean budget accommodation for the first "night" if you were going to otherwise stay in a higher end place for the rest of your stay and don't want to pay full $.
(5) You could realistically end up with no room until 3pm (regular check-in time) unless you make arrangements in advance for the prior night.
Old Sep 30, 2011, 11:05 pm
Moderator, Argentina and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lord of Malbec & all Wines Argentine. AA EXP / Marriott Lifetime Silver / Hertz Presidents Circle
Another one that never heard of Conviasa..... are they not on the busted list of airlines that the EU does not allow into their airspace...???
Old Oct 1, 2011, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Gaucho100K
Another one that never heard of Conviasa..... are they not on the busted list of airlines that the EU does not allow into their airspace...???
After that comment I just hope the OP isn't a nervous flyer.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MM, OZ, OK
Alright, thanks so far. So I will check with the hotel I stay in what will be their way to handle it.

I don't think I can be called a nervous flyer. After all, I already had two flights on Air Koryo earlier this year. Conviasa doesn't appear on the EU Blacklist of April 2011, and neither do Cubana or Santa Barbara Airlines on which I also have flights during this trip, so I think I'm reasonably safe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.