Community
Wiki Posts
Search

give us a holler.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2010, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

give us a holler.

I'm new to AGR. On Oct. 12, thought I'd email them a couple of questions through the new website. I could get the answers, and also get an idea of how AGR is able to respond to Amtrak customers. The email robo-reply said I would have an answer in 48 hours.
Today, Oct. 18, I got the replies. Neither tried to answer my question, and both directed me to call customer service.
Old Oct 18, 2010, 1:29 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold Elite, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Best Western Diamond Select
Originally Posted by 4now
I'm new to AGR. On Oct. 12, thought I'd email them a couple of questions through the new website. I could get the answers, and also get an idea of how AGR is able to respond to Amtrak customers. The email robo-reply said I would have an answer in 48 hours.
Today, Oct. 18, I got the replies. Neither tried to answer my question, and both directed me to call customer service.
Yeah, the only email replies I've ever gotten from AGR have been the same... "please call." Meanwhile, you've already called because you waited so long and got no reply to your email, and the phone reps did absolutely nothing for you except convey their regret that they couldn't help you.

Welcome to the wonderful world of AGR.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I sent an e-mail requesting missing promo points, getting back "No my job, man! Call a phone rep!"

I must say the phone rep took my information, and actually called me back a few days later to report, rather ambiguously, that I would have to wait a few weeks for my points to post (after agreeing I was entitled to them). I couldn't understand his English very well, and asked for a supervisor. The rep put me on hold for a few minutes, coming back to say the points were now in my account. ^
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

As a rule, I never use the "Contact Us" section of any website if I need information, or a question answered about my account.

Plain and simple, it just doesn't work.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:20 pm

Programs: Amtrak S+, HH GLD, AA 1MM, SPG, UA, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Freckles68
Yeah, the only email replies I've ever gotten from AGR have been the same... "please call."
Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
I sent an e-mail requesting missing promo points, getting back "No my job, man! Call a phone rep!"
I laugh to myself as I wonder whether e-mails are still going to the former AGR contractor. Given how the in-house transition has been going, I wouldn't be all that surprised...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.