Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Buy Three Get One Free NE Corridor promotion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2024, 7:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, IHG, Hilton

Register here before travel (ok for tickets to have been bought before registering):
Northeast Regional:

Take 3 qualifying Northeast Regional roundtrips (6 qualifying one-way trips) from January 3, 2024 12:00AM PT through February 29, 2024 11:59PM PT and receive two free Northeast Regional coach class one-way trip coupons good for travel between July 1, 2024 12:00AM PT and August 31, 2024 11:59PM PT. Minimum spend of $25 per one-way trip on Northeast Regional is required for travel to qualify. Maximum of one Northeast Regional trip per train number per day will qualify for promotion earn.

Acela:

Take 3 qualifying Acela roundtrips (6 qualifying one-way trips) from January 3, 2024 12:00AM PT through February 29, 2024 11:59PM PT and receive two free Acela Business Class one-way trip coupons good for travel between July 1, 2024 12:00AM PT and August 31, 2024 11:59PM PT. Minimum spend of $40 per one-way trip on Acela is required for travel to qualify. Maximum of one Acela trip per train number per day will qualify for promotion earn.
A bit annoying that you have to take six NE Regional one-ways *or* six Acela one-ways and can't mix-and-match. Although it seems like you might be able to do both, if you travel a lot? The terms further down say: "A maximum of two free one-way Northeast Regional coach class coupons will be issued for qualifying Northeast Regional travel AND/OR a maximum of two free one-way Acela Business Class coupons will be issued for qualifying Acela travel." Assuming they really mean the AND part of that AND/OR, it sounds like you could get 4 one-way coupons (2 of each) if you take 12 one-way trips (6 of each). I'm personally not going to be taking enough Jan/Feb train trips to find out though.
futuramadramallama likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2024, 3:33 am

Programs: Nectar Card
This could end up being pretty valuable.
I assume the issued one-way coupons are completely price-uncapped and schedule-unrestricted? You could take a $384 one-way between WAS and BOS if so desired?

July and August might end up being a peak season (with correspondingly high prices) for Amtrak.
Old Jan 5, 2024, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA 4.3MM LT-GS; AA1MM; Amtrak SE; MAR LT TITAN; PC Plat; HIL DIA; HYA GLOB
Originally Posted by futuramadramallama
This could end up being pretty valuable.
I assume the issued one-way coupons are completely price-uncapped and schedule-unrestricted? You could take a $384 one-way between WAS and BOS if so desired?

July and August might end up being a peak season (with correspondingly high prices) for Amtrak.
That's how similar promotions in prior years worked.
futuramadramallama likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.