FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amtrak | Guest Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards-399/)
-   -   Crew Change: A New Conductor! Please welcome AlanB as the new Amtrak forum moderator! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amtrak-guest-rewards/1547074-crew-change-new-conductor-please-welcome-alanb-new-amtrak-forum-moderator.html)

jackal Jan 30, 2014 5:02 pm

Crew Change: A New Conductor! Please welcome AlanB as the new Amtrak forum moderator!

Please join me in welcoming long-time FlyerTalk member and super-helpful Amtrak forum contributor AlanB as the new moderator of the Amtrak | Guest Rewards forum!

As most of you know, Alan brings not only an immense wealth of knowledge about all things Amtrak, he also brings a vast store of experience with running and moderating Internet discussion forums, so I have no doubt he'll slide right in here like a natural. :)

Please also join me in congratulating our original Amtrak forum moderator, ByeByeDelta, who will be leaving his position as moderator to pursue other, some might say greener, pastures. ByeByeDelta, thanks for all the work you've done over the years to make the Amtrak forum a friendly, helpful, knowledgeable place. Best wishes on your new opportunities!

~jackal
Temporary Moderator, Amtrak | Guest Rewards

P.S. You'll see my name listed in bold as a moderator of this forum for the time being. This is just a temporary thing until we get Alan everything he needs to properly moderate the forum. Since Alan comes to us with a ton of experience already, I'm going to take a hands-off approach and let him handle things while we're getting him set up.

amamba Jan 30, 2014 8:46 pm

Congrats Alan!

And thank you bye bye delta for your many years of service to FlyerTalk.

ByeByeDelta Jan 30, 2014 8:49 pm

Let me be the first (edit: second) to thank and welcome AlanB as the new moderator. I'm sad to go, but know the train will stay on track with Alan at the throttle. With my quick departure to much greener pastures in real life I also want to thank jackal for stepping in to help with the transition.

I can't remember when I took on the moderator duties here, but it has been a great trip over the years and many thanks to all the forum members for making it a very easy ride. No middle-of-the-night flame wars was much appreciated! :D

GoAmtrak Jan 31, 2014 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by amamba (Post 22256516)
Congrats Alan!

And thank you bye bye delta for your many years of service to FlyerTalk.

+1 ^^^

It's a new era on the forum I'll always know as "f=399". :D Many thanks to our Amtrak-expert mods (both incoming and outgoing) for their yeoman's work. :cool:

lo2e Jan 31, 2014 6:17 pm

Congrats Alan, and thanks for your service, ByeByeDelta. Kudos to both! ^

CMK10 Feb 5, 2014 12:40 pm

I can think of few people more deserving of this post. Welcome, this forum is better for having you in this role ^

jimhudson Feb 7, 2014 1:51 pm

New Moderator

Congrats Alan, I'm sure you'll keep this Forum on Track!!:) And thanks to jackal and ByeByeDelta for serving as Moderators!

tonywestsider Feb 8, 2014 12:12 pm

Congratulations, AlanB!

Thank you very much ByeByeDelta and jackal for your helpful service. :)

ralfkrippner Feb 11, 2014 7:52 am

Congratulations, Alan!

All aboard...!

pennyk Feb 11, 2014 2:01 pm

Welcome Alan. :)

rrdude Feb 24, 2014 6:43 am

Boy Alan, you are really in DEEP now! I also want to thnk ByebyeDelta, great job, good luck in the future.

I woukd just love some of the people in my sphere, who think I know a thing or two about Amtrak, to meet you Alan, what an eye-opener that wud b to them!

Thanx for all u do, and for the, probably, THOU$AND$, of dollars you have helped me both save AND earn over the years!

Keep up the good work!

AmtrakBlue Feb 24, 2014 8:13 am

Congrats Alan!

HokieNav Feb 24, 2014 9:38 am

Many thanks to Jackal and ByeByeDelta for their work, and to Alan for taking over the helm!

DaxOmni Feb 27, 2014 4:05 pm

Congrats to AlanB on the new position.

trainman74 Mar 2, 2014 3:32 pm

Originally Posted by HokieNav (Post 22407401)
Many thanks to Jackal and ByeByeDelta for their work, and to Alan for taking over the helm!

I think you mean "throttle" -- this is a train forum, not a ship forum. :D