Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Crew Change: A New Conductor! Please welcome AlanB as the new Amtrak forum moderator!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crew Change: A New Conductor! Please welcome AlanB as the new Amtrak forum moderator!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2014, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)

Please join me in welcoming long-time FlyerTalk member and super-helpful Amtrak forum contributor AlanB as the new moderator of the Amtrak | Guest Rewards forum!

As most of you know, Alan brings not only an immense wealth of knowledge about all things Amtrak, he also brings a vast store of experience with running and moderating Internet discussion forums, so I have no doubt he'll slide right in here like a natural.

Please also join me in congratulating our original Amtrak forum moderator, ByeByeDelta, who will be leaving his position as moderator to pursue other, some might say greener, pastures. ByeByeDelta, thanks for all the work you've done over the years to make the Amtrak forum a friendly, helpful, knowledgeable place. Best wishes on your new opportunities!

~jackal
Temporary Moderator, Amtrak | Guest Rewards

P.S. You'll see my name listed in bold as a moderator of this forum for the time being. This is just a temporary thing until we get Alan everything he needs to properly moderate the forum. Since Alan comes to us with a ton of experience already, I'm going to take a hands-off approach and let him handle things while we're getting him set up.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:46 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select
Congrats Alan!

And thank you bye bye delta for your many years of service to FlyerTalk.
Old Jan 30, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA Gold 1MM
Let me be the first (edit: second) to thank and welcome AlanB as the new moderator. I'm sad to go, but know the train will stay on track with Alan at the throttle. With my quick departure to much greener pastures in real life I also want to thank jackal for stepping in to help with the transition.

I can't remember when I took on the moderator duties here, but it has been a great trip over the years and many thanks to all the forum members for making it a very easy ride. No middle-of-the-night flame wars was much appreciated!

Last edited by ByeByeDelta; Jan 30, 2014 at 8:50 pm Reason: amamba beat me by three minutes
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by amamba
Congrats Alan!

And thank you bye bye delta for your many years of service to FlyerTalk.
+1 ^^^

It's a new era on the forum I'll always know as "f=399". Many thanks to our Amtrak-expert mods (both incoming and outgoing) for their yeoman's work.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 6:17 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Congrats Alan, and thanks for your service, ByeByeDelta. Kudos to both! ^
Old Feb 5, 2014, 12:40 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I can think of few people more deserving of this post. Welcome, this forum is better for having you in this role ^
Old Feb 7, 2014, 1:51 pm

Programs: AGR Select/Amtrak Unlimited Discussion Forum
Thumbs up New Moderator

Congrats Alan, I'm sure you'll keep this Forum on Track!! And thanks to jackal and ByeByeDelta for serving as Moderators!

Last edited by jackal; Feb 7, 2014 at 10:48 pm Reason: Maintaining members' privacy
Old Feb 8, 2014, 12:12 pm

Programs: Enough to travel better
Congratulations, AlanB!

Thank you very much ByeByeDelta and jackal for your helpful service.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 7:52 am
Moderator, SkyTeam and Germany

Programs: BA, LH, KL, EY, IHG, Marriott, Hyatt, Hilton, Radisson
Congratulations, Alan!

All aboard...!
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:01 pm

Programs: Amtrak Guest Rewards, HH Honors, Marriott
Welcome Alan.
Old Feb 24, 2014, 6:43 am

Programs: AGR Select+, Hilton Gold, Luv SWA, wish their points wud transfer to Amtrak.....
Boy Alan, you are really in DEEP now! I also want to thnk ByebyeDelta, great job, good luck in the future.

I woukd just love some of the people in my sphere, who think I know a thing or two about Amtrak, to meet you Alan, what an eye-opener that wud b to them!

Thanx for all u do, and for the, probably, THOU$AND$, of dollars you have helped me both save AND earn over the years!

Keep up the good work!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 8:13 am

Congrats Alan!
Old Feb 24, 2014, 9:38 am

Programs: AGR
Many thanks to Jackal and ByeByeDelta for their work, and to Alan for taking over the helm!
Old Feb 27, 2014, 4:05 pm

Programs: AA DL UR AGR
Congrats to AlanB on the new position.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:32 pm

Programs: Ozark Go-Getters Gold, Statler Star Silver, others from a variety of alternate timelines
Originally Posted by HokieNav
Many thanks to Jackal and ByeByeDelta for their work, and to Alan for taking over the helm!
I think you mean "throttle" -- this is a train forum, not a ship forum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.