Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Other Loyalty Programs/Partners > Amtrak | Guest Rewards
Reload this Page >

Update on the AGR partnership with Continental/United

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Update on the AGR partnership with Continental/United

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16, 2011, 6:54 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AGR SE, SPG Platinum, HH Gold, MR Gold
Lame esp. because "benefit" right now only lasts a few more months.

Originally Posted by CKinMD
I suspect the incompetence is on United's part, not AGR's.
Perhaps intentional.
Old Nov 16, 2011, 10:13 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Marriott LT
Even better...over the weekend during my President's Club visit at IAH, the credential checker tried to tell me that she saw an email that S+ cards were no longer accepted at the new United Clubs. I asked her to either read her email or call a supervisor because since I thought she was mistaken. Eventually, she just let me in.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 7:24 pm
Formerly known as CollegeFlyer

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA PLT, Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hertz 5*
Can United Club members who are legacy Red Carpet Club members get into the ClubAcelas now? I've been a RCC member for years, but I joined the Presidents Club primarily for the ClubAcela deal..and yet my Pres. Club card is taking forever to arrive! Will my Red Carpet Club card work in the meantime?
Old Nov 17, 2011, 8:37 pm

Programs: DL DM, AS MVP 100K, Amtrak peon, Colbert Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by CollegeFlyer
Will my Red Carpet Club card work in the meantime?
Official Amtrak policy says yes. I can't find any public documentation of this, but I know it's true. If you get pushback from the ClubAcela attendant, ask them to look it up.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 9:24 pm

Programs: DL Plat, B6 Mosaic
Originally Posted by GoAmtrak
I can't find any public documentation of this, but I know it's true.
Just to add another data point - the last time I entered the Club Acela in New York, I showed my RCC membership card instead of my S+ card just to test and I was admitted with no problem. This was about two weeks ago.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:16 pm

Official Amtrak policy says yes. I can't find any public documentation of this, but I know it's true. If you get pushback from the ClubAcela attendant, ask them to look it up.
Originally Posted by CKinMD
Just to add another data point - the last time I entered the Club Acela in New York, I showed my RCC membership card instead of my S+ card just to test and I was admitted with no problem. This was about two weeks ago.
Awesome, thanks. So at the ClubAcelas they have a system/guide to "look it up" in? (Unlike UA, which apparently failed to inform its RCC attendants?)

Also, is an Amtrak ticket required to enter the club with an RCC/Pres Club Card (or is the card all that is required--meaning that you can use the ClubAcela even if you are riding on the LIRR or NJ Transit that day)?

And, thank you for testing!
Old Nov 17, 2011, 11:40 pm

Awesome, thanks. So at the ClubAcelas they have a system/guide to "look it up" in? (Unlike UA, which apparently failed to inform its RCC attendants?)
Yes, there's a system for the CA attendant to look up various policies.

Sadly, UA did inform RCC attendants... with a memo last month explicitly stating that Amtrak S+ members were not allowed into ex-RCCs. That's in the process of being corrected per AGR Insider. ^

Also, is an Amtrak ticket required to enter the club with an RCC/Pres Club Card (or is the card all that is required--meaning that you can use the ClubAcela even if you are riding on the LIRR or NJ Transit that day)?
A same-day Amtrak ticket is technically required (despite this outdated page not mentioning that requirement).
Old Nov 22, 2011, 10:39 am

I was passing through ORD and was behind a S+ member trying to enter club using his S+ Card and a UA BP.

The agent said that UNITED and AMTRAK split ways a long time ago and even back then AMTRAK Elites were not welcomed in UA lounges.

The S+ member was very polite (way more polite than I would have been) and apologized for causing any trouble and walked away from the desk, I stopped him and said that he was more than entitled to entry and that if they would not admit him with his credentials than he could be my guest.

I approached the same agent and presented my Lifetime President's Club card and pointed at the S+ member and said he is my guest. The agent looked at me tried to balk claiming that once she denies somebody entrance they cannot gain entrance again. I said uh huh, show me the rule and she just huffed and let us both in.

Dan
Old Nov 22, 2011, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by dan1431
I was passing through ORD and was behind a S+ member trying to enter club using his S+ Card and a UA BP.

The agent said that UNITED and AMTRAK split ways a long time ago and even back then AMTRAK Elites were not welcomed in UA lounges.

The S+ member was very polite (way more polite than I would have been) and apologized for causing any trouble and walked away from the desk, I stopped him and said that he was more than entitled to entry and that if they would not admit him with his credentials than he could be my guest.

I approached the same agent and presented my Lifetime President's Club card and pointed at the S+ member and said he is my guest. The agent looked at me tried to balk claiming that once she denies somebody entrance they cannot gain entrance again. I said uh huh, show me the rule and she just huffed and let us both in.
^^
Old Nov 22, 2011, 6:10 pm

Update from my end:

AGR Insider has written here and in PM to me that this is real. Select Plus members can access United Club, both old RCCs and Presidents Club.

United called me after I wrote in and told me the email by Amtrak is a mistake. However they are starting to honor the mistake. I told her what AGR Insider told me that this is not a mistake but didn't push too hard given they said they are honoring it. I also told her I know people who have been refused entry more recently.

I will test this again in Dec. I don't hold breath it will work. I did get compensated by United but it's all annoying.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:29 am

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9650; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.524 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

I was just denied again at SFO. The attendant showed me an internal e-mail from just yesterday telling attendants that Amtrak S+ aren't allowed in ex-RCCs. This is such an unnecessary debacle.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:38 am

I was just denied again at SFO. The attendant showed me an internal e-mail from just yesterday telling attendants that Amtrak S+ aren't allowed in ex-RCCs. This is such an unnecessary debacle.
The phone call I got from United saying it was an Amtrak mistake to send out the email but they will honor it was just on Tuesday.

I sense nasty politics going on behind scenes, at expense of customers for both sides.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA plus
Originally Posted by FormerAmtrakTraveler
The phone call I got from United saying it was an Amtrak mistake to send out the email but they will honor it was just on Tuesday.

I sense nasty politics going on behind scenes, at expense of customers for both sides.
Guess i will save myself the drama, and just go to the old prez club in lax rather than the old rcc ones
Old Nov 24, 2011, 4:52 pm

Well, I was just cheerfully admitted at ORD B5 without so much as any question or comment from the attendant. It was a pleasant surprise, but the inconsistency is baffling.
Old Nov 24, 2011, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K_MM, AA EX_PLT Hyatt/Hilton Dia, Mar Gold, IHG PLT, Amtrak S++, Hertz 5Star, Avis First
I was denied entry yesterday in DEN. I did eventually get in using my LH business class boarding pass. The experience was very annoying.

The attendent in CA BOS told me they have received the memo to accept all RCC and/or PCC cards.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.