FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Delta Skymiles bonus is back (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/832787-delta-skymiles-bonus-back.html)

2stepsbehind Jun 9, 2008 9:21 pm

Delta Skymiles bonus is back

Get a 20% mileage bonus on Membership RewardsŪ points transferred between June 10 and July 31, 2008.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...onus/index.jsp

chuckd Jun 9, 2008 10:52 pm

Nice catch.

jkoenig51 Jun 10, 2008 9:09 am

20% bonus

T&C,this offer is open only to recipients of this mailing

rraskopf Jun 10, 2008 9:40 am

The link allowed me to register my skymiles number for the offer even though I wasn't targeted. Has anybody had experience with this? Do the miles post anyway?

jjbri Jun 10, 2008 11:47 am

Ditto...not targetted, but allowed me to register...but --will it hold if I dump, that is the question.

PHX_SOUS Jun 10, 2008 12:57 pm

Good deal, thanks OP!

Kind of annoying that the 20% bonus won't post until after the promotion period is over on 7/31 :td:

gwarboy Jun 10, 2008 4:20 pm

Originally Posted by jkoenig51 (Post 9855436)
T&C,this offer is open only to recipients of this mailing

I've signed up for similar Amex->Delta bonus offers in the past that had the same T&C caution. However, despite not being an official recipient of those offers (always found out from FT instead), I always got the bonus miles at the end of the promo. Did this 4-5 times, success each time.
That being said, the last time I did this was over twelve months ago, so YMMV, but I would assume the bonus should show up so long as the Delta system lets you register.

delmargal Jun 10, 2008 7:09 pm

Two promos ago I had to fight for 15% bonus because I wasn't targeted even though the site let me register my SM number. Finally got it, but it took about 6 emails.

Richard1148 Jun 11, 2008 7:02 am

Last promo, the miles were transferred to my DL account from another FTer in a coupon connection trade. I registered for the bonus miles even though the transfer was from someone else's AMEX and I got the bonus.

susiesan Jun 15, 2008 12:48 pm

no award seats so why bother?

I've done that in the past. Now, you cannot get seats on DL flights at any sort of advance time out. I tried for 3 weeks to get seats to Europe 11 months out and gave up and went for AA seats (which I got on my first call). DL is making it useless to accumulate Skymiles-you'll never get 2 J seats on the same flight.

sbm12 Jun 15, 2008 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 9883048)
I've done that in the past. Now, you cannot get seats on DL flights at any sort of advance time out. I tried for 3 weeks to get seats to Europe 11 months out and gave up and went for AA seats (which I got on my first call). DL is making it useless to accumulate Skymiles-you'll never get 2 J seats on the same flight.

Why do you assume that seats are only released 11 months out? I've had no trouble redeeming for the J seats I want when I want to (generally shoulder season, not peak season) to Europe using SkyTeam partners, including Delta. I don't do it 11 months out, but I do get the seats.

delmargal Jun 15, 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by susiesan (Post 9883048)

I've never had issues booking our tickets for DL and I've booked anywhere from 2-6months out. Sometimes not usually the preferred dates but always within a few day window.

Ritz Jun 15, 2008 3:07 pm

Much appreciated OP. I know what I'll be doing with my next couple of months MR points. ^

mia Jun 17, 2008 5:13 am

Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind (Post 9853369)
Get a 20% mileage bonus on Membership RewardsŪ points transferred between June 10 and July 31, 2008.

Compare with Diners Club Mastercard offer...

Transfer Club RewardsŪ points to SkyMiles between April 15 and July 15, 2008, and you'll receive an additional 25% mileage bonus.

More time (90 vs 51 days), larger bonus (25% vs 20%).

g50 Jun 17, 2008 6:31 am

And don't forget the starwood 25% everyday.