Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Skymiles bonus is back

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2008, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA, AA, BA, DL
Delta Skymiles bonus is back

Get a 20% mileage bonus on Membership Rewards® points transferred between June 10 and July 31, 2008.

http://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_t...onus/index.jsp
Old Jun 9, 2008, 10:52 pm

Nice catch.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:09 am

Programs: spg gold
20% bonus

T&C,this offer is open only to recipients of this mailing
Old Jun 10, 2008, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Gold, Marriott Platinum
The link allowed me to register my skymiles number for the offer even though I wasn't targeted. Has anybody had experience with this? Do the miles post anyway?
Old Jun 10, 2008, 11:47 am

Programs: DL Plat, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold, Avis President's Club
Ditto...not targetted, but allowed me to register...but --will it hold if I dump, that is the question.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 12:57 pm

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Good deal, thanks OP!

Kind of annoying that the 20% bonus won't post until after the promotion period is over on 7/31
Old Jun 10, 2008, 4:20 pm

Programs: UA 1K; PC RA
Originally Posted by jkoenig51
T&C,this offer is open only to recipients of this mailing
I've signed up for similar Amex->Delta bonus offers in the past that had the same T&C caution. However, despite not being an official recipient of those offers (always found out from FT instead), I always got the bonus miles at the end of the promo. Did this 4-5 times, success each time.
That being said, the last time I did this was over twelve months ago, so YMMV, but I would assume the bonus should show up so long as the Delta system lets you register.
Old Jun 10, 2008, 7:09 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Two promos ago I had to fight for 15% bonus because I wasn't targeted even though the site let me register my SM number. Finally got it, but it took about 6 emails.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 7:02 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Last promo, the miles were transferred to my DL account from another FTer in a coupon connection trade. I registered for the bonus miles even though the transfer was from someone else's AMEX and I got the bonus.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold
Thumbs down no award seats so why bother?

I've done that in the past. Now, you cannot get seats on DL flights at any sort of advance time out. I tried for 3 weeks to get seats to Europe 11 months out and gave up and went for AA seats (which I got on my first call). DL is making it useless to accumulate Skymiles-you'll never get 2 J seats on the same flight.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 12:57 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by susiesan
I've done that in the past. Now, you cannot get seats on DL flights at any sort of advance time out. I tried for 3 weeks to get seats to Europe 11 months out and gave up and went for AA seats (which I got on my first call). DL is making it useless to accumulate Skymiles-you'll never get 2 J seats on the same flight.
Why do you assume that seats are only released 11 months out? I've had no trouble redeeming for the J seats I want when I want to (generally shoulder season, not peak season) to Europe using SkyTeam partners, including Delta. I don't do it 11 months out, but I do get the seats.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 2:02 pm

Programs: Skymiles, AMEX, Bonvoy, IHG Plat, Alaska MVP 100K
Originally Posted by susiesan
I've never had issues booking our tickets for DL and I've booked anywhere from 2-6months out. Sometimes not usually the preferred dates but always within a few day window.

Last edited by delmargal; Jun 15, 2008 at 2:09 pm
Old Jun 15, 2008, 3:07 pm

Much appreciated OP. I know what I'll be doing with my next couple of months MR points. ^
Old Jun 17, 2008, 5:13 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by 2stepsbehind
Get a 20% mileage bonus on Membership Rewards® points transferred between June 10 and July 31, 2008.
Compare with Diners Club Mastercard offer...

Transfer Club Rewards® points to SkyMiles between April 15 and July 15, 2008, and you'll receive an additional 25% mileage bonus.

More time (90 vs 51 days), larger bonus (25% vs 20%).
Old Jun 17, 2008, 6:31 am
g50

Programs: DL DM 2MM, AA LTP, Hyatt Globalist, FB Plat
And don't forget the starwood 25% everyday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.