FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Panera+ / Unlimited Sip Club trial memberships. (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2057702-amex-panera-unlimited-sip-club-trial-memberships.html)

Sxc7887 Nov 3, 2021 10:08 am

Amex Panera+ / Unlimited Sip Club trial memberships.

I just saw that Amex added 6 months free Panera + to cardholder benefits but don’t really see much details about what cards it applies to or if it’s one sign up per account in the TOC. One mile at a time says “available to all US American Express consumer and corporate card members” so would all my business green card users be eligible is I guess what I’m looking to understand?

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...nera/6-months/

mia Nov 3, 2021 11:25 am

Originally Posted by Sxc7887 (Post 33698522)
....would all my business green card users be eligible....

Originally Posted by Offer Terms
To redeem the offer, you must click through this webpage from a US IP address, verify eligibility by logging in to your American Express Card Account, have or create a MyPanera account and then sign up for a MyPanera+ Coffee Subscription on the Panera Website.

Does each employee card have a separate American Express online account?

jamesteroh Nov 4, 2021 8:38 pm

Free six months to my panera with an am ex card. Good deal if you are near a panera or eat there a lot.

Appears to work with any am ex card. I just have to remember to cancel it after six months

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/benefits/perks/panera/6-months/

MisterBill Nov 5, 2021 8:34 am

Originally Posted by jamesteroh (Post 33703317)
Free six months to my panera with an am ex card. Good deal if you are near a panera or eat there a lot.

Appears to work with any am ex card. I just have to remember to cancel it after six months

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-us/benefits/perks/panera/6-months/

The nice thing about the Panera coffee deal is that when you go to cancel it, they offer you another three months free if you stay. So this is really the same as their normal three-month free offer, except you don't have to remember to attempt to cancel after the first three months.

fliesdelta Nov 5, 2021 6:08 pm

It seems that all you get here is free drip coffee, or am I missing something?

krazykanuck Nov 5, 2021 7:40 pm

Kind of a strange perk, but in my unique use case, there's a Panera right next to the gym I go to. Not that if I ever go there now, but if I can get free coffee...

mia Nov 6, 2021 8:36 am

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 33705883)
It seems that all you get here is free drip coffee, or am I missing something?

Correct. The American Express terms (see Wikipost) do not mention a geographic exclusion which may be relevant to you:

Subscription limited to hot coffee, hot tea and iced coffee once every two hours plus unlimited refills. Excludes iced tea and cold brew iced coffee and espresso and cappuccino beverages. Customizations including but not limited to added Espresso and added Syrups (Vanilla and Caramel) are not included in the Coffee Subscription monthly price. Upcharges apply. Other additions such as Milk, Skim Milk, Almond Milk, Half & Half, Sweeteners are included in the monthly subscription price. Subscription program registration and redemption available at participating U.S. bakery-cafes only. This offer is not available for redemption in Raleigh and Charlotte, NC, Memphis, TN and Mississippi Panera Bread bakery-cafes
https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/my...-plans-section

fliesdelta Nov 8, 2021 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by mia (Post 33706893)
Correct. The American Express terms (see Wikipost) do not mention a geographic exclusion which may be relevant to you:

https://www.panerabread.com/en-us/my...-plans-section

Interesting. I wonder if "Raleigh" means just the city of Raleigh, or the numerous smaller towns around it (e.g., there are Paneras in Cary, Apex, Morrisville, etc., all towns adjacent to Raleigh).

mia Nov 8, 2021 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 33712722)
Interesting. I wonder if "Raleigh" means....

The restriction has nothing to do with American Express. You could simply go to a nearby store and ask if they participate in the Panera+ free coffee program.

hhdl Nov 8, 2021 4:57 pm

Interesting. I wonder if "Raleigh" means just the city of Raleigh, or the numerous smaller towns around it (e.g., there are Paneras in Cary, Apex, Morrisville, etc., all towns adjacent to Raleigh).

Panera typically aims for a regional franchisee to open at least 15 locations, so I would suspect that "Raleigh" means at least the 15 closest locations to the NC state capitol.

MisterBill Nov 9, 2021 8:22 pm

Originally Posted by hhdl (Post 33712899)
Panera typically aims for a regional franchisee to open at least 15 locations, so I would suspect that "Raleigh" means at least the 15 closest locations to the NC state capitol.

But it doesn't say Raleigh-area. I would call the local café and ask them.

MisterBill Nov 10, 2021 7:50 pm

So I believe that the answer is that it applies to all cafés in the Raleigh area, because they are testing a new MyPanera+ Beverage Club that replaces the coffee club by adding any fountain beverage.

The list of locations is on this page -- MyPanera+ Coffee Subscription (panerabread.com). I was going to paste the list here, but it's too long but all the cities you mentioned are on the list. Not sure why the other areas in the list are excluded.

fliesdelta Nov 11, 2021 11:50 am

Originally Posted by MisterBill (Post 33719116)
So I believe that the answer is that it applies to all cafés in the Raleigh area, because they are testing a new MyPanera+ Beverage Club that replaces the coffee club by adding any fountain beverage.

The list of locations is on this page -- MyPanera+ Coffee Subscription (panerabread.com). I was going to paste the list here, but it's too long but all the cities you mentioned are on the list. Not sure why the other areas in the list are excluded.

I appreciate the effort. Since this is just drip coffee, I already canceled my membership.

MBS MillionMiler Dec 31, 2021 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by fliesdelta (Post 33720820)
I appreciate the effort. Since this is just drip coffee, I already canceled my membership.

I order an iced coffee on the app. My local store hands me a cup and makes me to pour my own. Among the first few times I went, I said “alright if I grab an iced tea / agua fresca / lemonade instead?” An enthusiastic “sure” every time. Probably not as many variants for hot beverages if lattes and espressos are your goal.

And I can’t see otherwise. DOES THIS WORK AT AIRPORT LOCATIONS? I figured Flyertalk would have been all over this aspect!

MisterBill Jan 1, 2022 1:34 am

Originally Posted by MBS MillionMiler (Post 33859711)
I order an iced coffee on the app. My local store hands me a cup and makes me to pour my own. Among the first few times I went, I said “alright if I grab an iced tea / agua fresca / lemonade instead?” An enthusiastic “sure” every time. Probably not as many variants for hot beverages if lattes and espressos are your goal.

And I can’t see otherwise. DOES THIS WORK AT AIRPORT LOCATIONS? I figured Flyertalk would have been all over this aspect!

There aren't any options other than plain coffee for hot beverages since they have to prepare lattes and espressos and I doubt they'd be willing to make you something different. The iced beverage choices are obviously much wider since the employees rarely prepare the iced coffee, as you've noticed (although it's interesting that they tell you it's fine to switch drinks).

There is nothing that says it specifically does not work in airport locations, but how many do they really have? Easy enough to try if you know of one, set the location and see if it will apply to an order.