Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Walmart & Amex bring Walmart+ to USA Platinum Card (Paramount Plus added Sept 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walmart & Amex bring Walmart+ to USA Platinum Card (Paramount Plus added Sept 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Cat88L3
FYI, free shipping is still with orders $35 and up. Otherwise, a fee applies. I've just done delivery, so I'm tipping. I'm getting my orders a few hrs later. It's worth it as I haven't been able to leave the house
interesting. I’ve heard of the $35+ required, but never had a problem ordering without it. Not sure why some people have it, or what requires it and what doesn’t.

last weekend, put an <$20 order in and it was ‘shipped’ next day, but delivered by a driver. Another time, we got some sort of Mexican flour - that’s it - that cost about $5, and again, ‘shipped’ free via driver. So really not sure what ships in boxes via a shipper vs. drivers.

I’ve also not only never been asked to tip, but never seen a place where you can actually put one in.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:46 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Any signup bonuses?

Just joining the Platinum fun this week and have never had a Walmart+ membership... Are there any signup bonuses right now? It looks like some cashback sites had a $25 offer last year but I'm not seeing it now.

Since we live in San Francisco and there is no Walmart nearby, I'm skeptical of the value, but willing to give it a try.

At the beginning of the pandemic, I had ordered a few times with regular shipping. They used the local OnTrac delivery service noteworthy for how many complaints they got for shipment handling when Amazon used to use them.

One of my deliveries was nearly destroyed and yet they still deposited it in the lobby like nothing happened.

Actually, one of the most appealing aspects is access to Scan and Go when shopping in person. When I visit family, Walmart is one of the few shopping choices, and the registers are always backed up and annoying.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 12:26 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by cuthroat
No. It looks like walmart sent out a bulk email saying they'll refund the extra charges.
I only received a refund for 3 out of 6 extra charges. I originally had 7 in May, so 6 of them should have retroactively been refunded and 1 stays for the May charge. FWIW, the reimbursement for charging to a Plat card hasn't happened yet either.
Old Jun 7, 2022, 1:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
I only received a refund for 3 out of 6 extra charges. I originally had 7 in May, so 6 of them should have retroactively been refunded and 1 stays for the May charge. FWIW, the reimbursement for charging to a Plat card hasn't happened yet either.
my credit from a charge on May 14 took a full 2 weeks, maybe a day or two longer. April was the normal couple of days, but March also took that long (or maybe more).
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:50 am

Ordered walmart+ on 6/1. How long does the credit take to post usually ?
Old Jun 11, 2022, 9:01 am

I signed up because it's included with the card but I don't see a lot of value in this program. Amazon Prime is slightly more expensive but includes Prime Streaming which is worth at least $10/mo.
mia and jamesteroh like this.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by DeltaNeutral28
Ordered walmart+ on 6/1. How long does the credit take to post usually ?
Usually a few business days but my credit for May is missing in action. Spent 20 mins in chat explaining the benefit to the CSR who told me first the offer had expired and second I had done the "purchase wrong". After sending them links to Amex website describing benefit they said he would issue a manual credit which hasn't posted yet but only a couple of days. If I have to chase it again I am just going to cancel as I barely use it.
Old Jun 11, 2022, 4:40 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
Originally Posted by MDtR-Chicago
Just joining the Platinum fun this week and have never had a Walmart+ membership... Are there any signup bonuses right now? It looks like some cashback sites had a $25 offer last year but I'm not seeing it now.
A very helpful FT poster alerted me to a referral program for Walmart+. It offers the first month free, then a code for $20 toward an online order for each party once the second month's membership fee is paid.

(A reminder that the forum rules prohibit offering or soliciting a referral in public posts. If you are interested in the offer, I would suggest you read back through the thread and send a private message to a member whose posts are particularly helpful for you.)
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:50 am

This benefit is a miserable experience.

I signed up 2 months ago, following the instructions on the card's benefits page, still no credits for the $12.95 and Amex Chat person telling me that the benefit isn't active for my account. It simply says to go to the link "Walmart.com/Plus/AmexPlatinum" and signup then you'll be credited, yet they're saying I missed something?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:59 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ajc1970
....yet they're saying I missed something?
A key skill when working in customer service is to invent an explanation when the reason is not known. Try calling the number on the back of your card rather than using the Chat function. Don't mention what you have been told. Let them research.

This said, American Express does seem to be unreliable this year posting all types of credits, and it may have nothing to do with your specific account.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by mia
A key skill when working in customer service is to invent an explanation when the reason is not known. Try calling the number on the back of your card rather than using the Chat function. Don't mention what you have been told. Let them research.

This said, American Express does seem to be unreliable this year posting all types of credits, and it may have nothing to do with your specific account.
Via chat they basically said the same thing:

But as the system is not giving me option to apply manual credit here and also I can't submit enrollment for you, I would request you to please once give a call to our phone team.

As they have more refined access on the account, they should be helping you with best possible way
I want to make sure that you have complete confidence every time you use your card and this gets taken care for you once and for all

If you like I can get you their direct number so you're not transferred, Shall I?

You are right Andrew. We are aware some issue is going on with the Walmart+ credits and our technical team is working to resolve this.
Once Again I am very sorry that Despite of our clear intention and good endeavor you've to undergo this discomfiture.
Their support is very lacking.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 12:47 pm

My manual credit for May showed up today. I had to press the CSR for 20 mins late last week to give it to me. I also got my credit for June (I presume as the charge for June posted last week) as well today.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:20 pm

I have gotten the credit but the initial credit did take almost 2 months to show up. Even though it's "free", I'm still considering cancelling because I just don't see the perks of Walmart+.
Old Jun 15, 2022, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by poisson
I have gotten the credit but the initial credit did take almost 2 months to show up. Even though it's "free", I'm still considering cancelling because I just don't see the perks of Walmart+.
I already canceled and was able to get the most recent membership fee refunded. Now just waiting for them to credit the first one.

The membership isn't worth the time wasted to ensure you get the credits for it.
jamesteroh and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Jun 16, 2022, 4:21 am

Purchased W+ 6/1, credit posted 6/16

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.