Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jatan
As long as the order shows up in your Sams order history then its fine
Yes it is in the order history. Now the status changed from In Process to "Order recently placed". Estimated shipment arrival remains the same, Jan 15, Wed.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Do you have to use the specific link in the offer for the $45 Sams Club membership online? I want to refer my son with a different link but he has the offer on his amex.

Also, for those of you irritated that they have all denominations of GC except the $30 in the other Sams offer, get one $20 and one $10.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Do you have to use the specific link in the offer for the $45 Sams Club membership online? I want to refer my son with a different link but he has the offer on his amex.

Also, for those of you irritated that they have all denominations of GC except the $30 in the other Sams offer, get one $20 and one $10.
1) According to the T&Cs of the offer, it is a Yes, you need to use the specific link else will not get the credit. You can certainly risk it and may work out at the end.

2) Yes it can be done and has been reported upthread. Though for some, one card for adding extra $10 own money is not a big deal for the convenience sake esp one would shop at WalMart / WalMart Neighborhood Market anyway. All one loses is 2 extra membership reward pts earn per $ on the $10, i.e. 20 membership reward pts max, if you own the Gold card, or if it is a 5x at grocery store card, $0.30.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis

Using the Amex link never mattered in the past -- pending charge should show $45 SamsClub and it should change to $45 SamsClub New Membership after it fully posts which will trigger the $25 credit

I got my referral link and signed a family member up for new membership few hours ago:

1) Amex card alrdy linked to Dosh app -- might give extra cash back
2) Clicked 17% cash back link from Top Cash Back first -- selected $45 membership just to save tracking cookie
3) Copy/paste referral link in same window -- selected $45 membership just to save referral cookie
4) Copy/paste $20 promo GC link in same window -- signed up for membership using that

Now to wait a week to see how it plays out -- online account shows a single order processing with $45 membership + $10 Promo GC + $20 Promo GC + $20 Promo GC (don't think they'll send two $20 GCs)

$7.65 cash back pending on TCB after few hours -- still waiting on everything else

I used this $20 GC promo link to sign up:
Code:
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/checkout/membership/purchaseMembership.jsp?membershipType=Advantage&tab=information&couponId=11987
Another $20 GC promo link that other people are using:
Code:
https://www.samsclub.com/sams/checkout/membership/purchaseMembership.jsp?membershipType=Advantage&tab=information&couponId=12092
Old Jan 14, 2020, 1:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Happy
Yes it is in the order history. Now the status changed from In Process to "Order recently placed". Estimated shipment arrival remains the same, Jan 15, Wed.
This is crazy.

I got an UPS notification yesterday afternoon, telling me the package would be shipped UPS Next Day Air! with another update this morning on the tracking number.

Yet the only activity is just that a shipping label has been created - there is no actual movement whatsoever from Sam's. i.e. UPS has not yet received the packet at its facility.

On previous order when I got the UPS notification first time, it already showed shipment was received at Memphis, around 9pm, with the shipping label created around 4pm. Sam's shipment email came the next morning, a day later than UPS notification. The packet was sent UPS Ground but the movement is very speedy - with the packet arrived mid day Wed on an order placed Mon morning.

On the current order, no order confirmation email ever arrives. UPS notification came nonetheless. Sam's shipment notice came today but UPS tracking shows no packet has been sent to UPS yet.

One would think Sam's / Walmart, being the pioneer of logistics, should do a better job than that...
Old Jan 14, 2020, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amex offers expiration

My basic question is -- does the purchase have to happen by the expiration date, or does it have to post?

I have a sizable ($150 statement credit) offer that I added to my card. It expires Jan 15 (tomorrow). I made an online purchase which satisfies the offer on Jan 8. The merchant doesn't charge the card until the items ship. On Jan 11 they shipped, I got a pending charge on my card, and an email from Amex congratulating me for redeeming the offer.

However, it's now Jan 14 and the charge is still pending. I got an email from Amex reminding me that the offer expires tomorrow. I'm not sure why it hasn't posted yet (most charges post the next day). If it posts after Jan 15, will I still get the statement credit? I notice that when looking at other charges, they show both a purchase date (when the card was charged) and a posting date. So Amex knows when the card was charged... will I still get the credit so long as that date is before the expiration?

Also... if not, what are my options? Can I call Amex and get them to force the posting of the charge?

The card is an Amex Everyday, if it matters.

Last edited by VegasGambler; Jan 14, 2020 at 7:29 pm
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:21 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
You might check: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...nc-offers.html

and it most if not all state transaction by a date. Therefore it is not posting date but purchase date. However, if you order on line Jan 1 and it is processed by vendor Jan 2, then the transaction date is Jan 2- not the date you order. If it is a brick and mortar store, transaction date is the date you pay on your receipt.

--
as to your current situation- calling AMEX will do nothing. You need to ensure the vendor posts the sale date prior to expiration (per the wording on the offer).
Steve in Olympia likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The details of the offer just say:

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $750 + in one or more transactions in-store at Salvatore Ferragamo or online at ferragamo.com by 1/15/2020. See terms for exclusions.

The full terms say nothing about any expiration date, transaction date, or posting date. They actually don't reference the expiration at all.

Does this mean that I'm good (since the transaction was 1/11) even if it posts after 1/15? The terms are honestly not clear on this point.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
The details of the offer just say:

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $750 + in one or more transactions in-store at Salvatore Ferragamo or online at ferragamo.com by 1/15/2020. See terms for exclusions.

The full terms say nothing about any expiration date, transaction date, or posting date. They actually don't reference the expiration at all.

Does this mean that I'm good (since the transaction was 1/11) even if it posts after 1/15? The terms are honestly not clear on this point.
If you had a pending charge dated January 11 (the date the merchant shipped the goods and initiated the charge on your card), the final posting will reflect that date.

i had an Amex hotel offer expire Dec. 31. I checked out on Dec. 30, the hotel charged my card on Dec. 31. The charge wasn’t final until Jan. 2, but was dated Dec. 31. I received the statement credit a few days later, no problem.

Final Amex charges have only one date associated with them, not two.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:45 pm

Programs: AA, WN, UA, Bonvoy, Hertz
At this point, all you can do is wait and see when it posts and if the credit does post a week or so later.

It is likely that the credit will post just fine.

If you wouldn't have made the purchase without the credit, I guess you can return the merchandise.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 6:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, this is useful.

Yeah, I guess I just wait and see, if it can't be fixed with a phone call. I will possibly return the items if I don't get the credit.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Happy
This is crazy... One would think Sam's / Walmart, being the pioneer of logistics, should do a better job than that...
Buying GCs from samsclub dot com has been nothing short of a total s..t show. I've spent hours contacting sams only to find it took them over a month to finally ship it out. And then another ordeal getting the GCs activated. Not worth the trouble.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Steve in Olympia
Final Amex charges have only one date associated with them, not two.
That doesn't seem to be true.

If I open the app and tap on a transaction that has posted, a page with two different dates pops up.

At the top, it shows the category, the company, the amount, and a date. This is the date that the charge was initiated.

If I scroll down to the bottom, there is a "Date Processed" field. This is the date that the charge posted, and can be later than the day on the top.
Old Jan 14, 2020, 7:44 pm

Update... Still pending

Originally Posted by a_salazar08
I'm attempting to use the $15 back on $30+ purchase on samsclub.com from my amex plat.

I ordered a $40 gift card on 1/7 and received card 1/10. The card doesn't seem to be activated and phone customer service was no help.

I went into a local Sam's and card doesn't even register or swipe. They just kept the card and issued me a new $40 gift card... Easy fix.

No refund yet as of 1/11. I'll give it at least another week before I call it in because it's not even posted yet.
Update.... The order on sams still says "in progress" and the charge has dropped off completely because they have still not closed out the order. I have a help ticket open but Everytime I check on it, they just say that it's being worked.

At this point, it's not going to be in time for the promo but I just want it closed to balance my budget account!! I'll pay my stupid $40 and move on with my life 😠
Old Jan 15, 2020, 9:49 am

Best way to request missing points

I had the Air France offer in September 2019 (spend $1,000, get 20,000 MR points) and never got the points. I tried to follow up via Amex chat and it's been like pulling teeth. Each time I am told, very politely, "we are so sorry, need more time to investigate, come again in 5 days," and then I am given a different reason why the purchase supposedly did not qualify.

First they said I purchased the tickets via a third party (not true). Then they said I purchased them by phone, not online (not true). I suspect the reason is that this was an award ticket, so maybe it codes differently form a normal ticket. The card statement says "Air France USA Direct Sales," which I guess could mean anything. The promotion terms only require an online flight purchase, so technically award tickets should qualify.

Now they want proof that this was an online transaction. I don't have that - I could send them the e-ticket, but nothing in it says it was booked online. Chat seems to get me nowhere. Has anyone had success in a similar situation using another channel - phone? Twitter? Or should I just let it go? I've already wasted too much time on this, but I would rather not write off 20,000 points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.