Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2020, 10:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Lowes Offer Update

Bought a GC at Lowes near home on 01/03. Received Congrat email immediately. Transaction posted over the weekend. Saving tab shows the 10% saving which should show up in account entry either tomorrow or Tue.

This Lowes 10% up to $100 offer has been running in 2018. 2019 and again 2020. In the interim there are also random offers of saving discounts capped at $10 and $15. Good thing Lowes sell a good variety of GCs.
levilevi likes this.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:01 am

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
Originally Posted by Happy
Sam's Club Offers Interim Updates Order placed on 1/03, never received Congrat email...
2) $15/$30 on Samsclub.com Offer - Order placed on 1/06 30 min ago. No Congrat email either.
Got Lamps+ $20off$100 on primary user and au cards. Only received congrat email on primary card transaction. Nothing on au card transaction.
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:12 am

Sam's Club Offers Interim Updates

1) $25/45 New Membership Offer - Order placed on 1/03, never received Congrat email. Transaction initially showed as Samsclub.com at pending stage, but posted as Sam's Club Membership on the weekend. Offer still shows active.

2) $15/$30 on Samsclub.com Offer - Order placed on 1/06 30 min ago. No Congrat email either.

Hopefully the statement credits still will post without intervention needed.
Amex stopped sending confirmation emails for Sams a few yrs back -- email doesn't matter

Membership charge posted correctly (pending charge changed to membership) so credit will eventually come
Old Jan 6, 2020, 11:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jatan
Amex stopped sending confirmation emails for Sams a few yrs back -- email doesn't matter

Membership charge posted correctly (pending charge changed to membership) so credit will eventually come
Thanks for reassurance. Will report when and if there is a change of status.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 9:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New round of $100/$500 on World's Leading Cruise Lines show up.

Last round we have one person seeing the $100 credit and other seeing the 10,000 MR pts. Much prefer having the credit. This round the $100 credit offer shows up in the accounts previously only had the MR pts. Time to hunt for a close departure cruise.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 10:46 am

Originally Posted by HIFlya
The $10 credit was for multiple department stores, including Macy's. Kind of like the multiple home improvement stores including Lowe's. I didn't think stacking would not be allowed, I hadn't heard of anyone saying that the stacking of multiple Amex Offers was actually not allowed in the T&Cs.
Originally Posted by mia
Can this offer be used more than once?
So an update on my $10 department store credit. I called Amex yesterday, and I told them the situation. The initial CSR said that she would have to transfer me to the online promotions department. My call was transferred out of country. The CSR was claiming that I could not stack both the Macy's and the Department store offers. I asked him if it stated that in the T&Cs and he did not say, just claimed that stacking would defeat the purpose of the credits (not sure how that makes sense, Amex is the one that releases the offers, they can give or not give as many as they like). I then pointed out that as soon as I used it at Macys.com, both of my offers disappeared from my offers list. I told the CSR that this would seem unfair that I am then unable to use the lower offer (that would in theory not be used) if I had a second transaction. I told the CSR that I am sure there is no warning about that possibly happening in the CSRs. The CSR didn't have a response. I just asked if I could speak to a supervisor about the situation to get my $10 credit. CSR claimed to put me on hold while he spoke to a supervisor but I could hear background CSRs talking to other customers. CSR finally came back and said he would give me a one time credit for being a loyal customer. CSR said they would refer the issue of the disappearing offer (if not going to be applicable) to the back-end.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 1:01 pm

Sam's Club Offers Interim Updates

1) $25/45 New Membership Offer - Order placed on 1/03, never received Congrat email. Transaction initially showed as Samsclub.com at pending stage, but posted as Sam's Club Membership on the weekend. Offer still shows active.

Hopefully the statement credits still will post without intervention needed.

Here is a datapoint for Amex Sam's Club offer.

12/27 Placed order for a $40 gift card. No congratulations e-mail received from Amex.
12/29 Gift card shipped by Sam's Club.
12/30 $15 credit received on my Amex card.
1/3 Received gift card. No activation needed. Used gift card at Walmart next day.
Old Jan 7, 2020, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Cricket9

12/27 Placed order for a $40 gift card. No congratulations e-mail received from Amex.
1/3 Received gift card. No activation needed. Used gift card at Walmart next day.
This is just for a generic Sams Club offer right? Not specifically the membership offer?
Old Jan 7, 2020, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by Cricket9

Originally Posted by HIFlya
This is just for a generic Sams Club offer right? Not specifically the membership offer?
$15 off $30 offer. Not the membership offer.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jatan

It works exactly as you described on the New Membership credit.

Ordered placed on 1/3 initially with Sams.com but when posted the merchant changed to reflect New Membership.
Offer was moved to under Save tab on 1/7. Credit shows up on 1/8 with the 1/7 date.

The $15/$30 Sam's website order is a bit odd - it is still pending despite UPS has informed me the shipment since yesterday and an update this morning the packet will be delivered End of the Day (Residential UPS Ground Service).

UPDATE

$40 GC arrived just after 1pm. UPS guy was very nice to wait outside instead of just putting down the bubbled envelope by the door. As others said card is already activated, except the card I ordered was a plain Sam's card but the card arrived is a design of Gold Tone Happy Holidays wording on a Silver Snow Flakes background Sam's card. I guess the fulfilling dept wants to get rid the opened packs of holiday designs than keep those till end of the year!

Last edited by Happy; Jan 8, 2020 at 11:30 am
Old Jan 8, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Originally Posted by margarita girl

Get a $5 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to make a single purchase of $15 or more on the Uber Eats mobile app or online at ubereats.com by 3/6/2020. Limit of 2 statement credits (total of $10). See terms.
Found this one too; $5 off $15 with Uber Eats should cover a few delivery+service fees. It wasn't on my Platinum card, but I will add the Everyday to my Uber profile and stack this with my monthly Uber credits for a total of $20 off $30!

Originally Posted by Colin
never has any hotel in the world refused my request for placing a "deposit" on the folio at checkin. this is my SOP when utilizing Chase/AMEX Offers as it secures the exact amount needed to trigger the offer, allows for multiple "deposits" to trigger multiple offers, and allows the excess folio charges to naturally post against the most rewarding credit card, usually Chase WOH or Sapphire Reserve.
Colin, thanks for this post. I went down to the front desk and applied two $500 'deposits' (one on each Amex), and the cash offer already posted. I suspect the MR offer might not automatically post, b/c the hold that initially triggered the offer email isn't the one that will clear. I kept my receipts though just to be sure

Edit: Colin was right, the points offer just took an extra few days to process.

Last edited by Gig103; Jan 9, 2020 at 2:59 pm
Old Jan 8, 2020, 6:53 pm

you're welcome.

and you'll get both as AMEX offers for points take a few days longer to post than AMEX Offers for cash back. the fact that you have a both a "authorization" for >$500 and a "deposit" charge for $500 on the same AMEX won't negatively impact you receiving the offer. The actual offer is based upon the posting and is really unrelated to the authorization email - there's not a "matching" process to worry about.
Gig103 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2020, 12:08 am

Will the sams club offer $15 off $30 work without being a paid membership? There’s no sams club where I live but I would like to take advantage of this offer for gift cards if I don’t have to get a paid membership to use this offer. Thanks!
Old Jan 9, 2020, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by tangentsquare123
Will the sams club offer $15 off $30 work without being a paid membership? There’s no sams club where I live but I would like to take advantage of this offer for gift cards if I don’t have to get a paid membership to use this offer. Thanks!
They have 10% surcharge -- you'll have to pay that

If you shop at Walmart then buy $30 Sams gift cards for $33 -- they'll ship $33 Sams GCs which you can use at Walmart

They can't overcharge for their own GCs so they include the surcharge in GC amount -- if you buy other GCs then you'll have to pay the surcharge
Old Jan 9, 2020, 10:00 am

I have to bite; what are SYNC Offers?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.