FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/2002306-amex-offers-fka-sync-offers-2020-2021-a.html)

VegasGambler Feb 4, 2020 12:08 am

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel (Post 32029926)
On several of my MR earning cards, I got:
DoubleTree by Hilton and Tapestry - "Spend $250+, get 4,000 Membership Rewards Points". Expires 6/30/2020

On several MR earning cards and my Hilton Amex, I also got:
Waldorf Astoria & Conrad - "Spend $350 or more, get $60 back". Expires 5/31/2020

I got these, except my DoubleTree offer was for $40 instead of 4k pts.

I value pts at 2c so I really would rather get the pts offers then the $ offers but I'm 0-3 on the hotel ones.

GTITAN Feb 4, 2020 4:31 am

On several of my MR earning cards, I got:
DoubleTree by Hilton and Tapestry - "Spend $250+, get 4,000 Membership Rewards Points". Expires 6/30/2020

On several MR earning cards and my Hilton Amex, I also got:
Waldorf Astoria & Conrad - "Spend $350 or more, get $60 back". Expires 5/31/2020

I got both of these but also got the Conrad offer on my Hilton Aspire which I was very pleased about!

Safe Travels

AlsoNamedBort Feb 4, 2020 7:40 am

Got the Waldorf/Conrad offer too, and just in time for a stay next month!

shmom Feb 4, 2020 4:00 pm

The Lowes 10% off did not work on my Delta Business card - on the language it says excludes "corporate gift cards" - so that must have been why the Netflix gift cards did not work. On another recent occasion when Lowes was doing another Amex offer -it worked on one my cards but did not work on a business Amex (one card was my husband's). There must be something blocking gift cards on the business cards with Lowes. I've never had an issue with buying gift cards at Staples on any card.

yanxfann Feb 4, 2020 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by shmom (Post 32033056)
The Lowes 10% off did not work on my Delta Business card - on the language it says excludes "corporate gift cards" - so that must have been why the Netflix gift cards did not work. There must be something blocking gift cards on the business cards with Lowes.

Between my AU's and me we were 6 for 6 in getting our max $100 back on our Amex business cards for this latest Lowe's offer, each of us bought $1K in GC's with no issues.

Troopers Feb 5, 2020 1:40 pm

1800flowers.com - send $50+, get 1,500MR. Expires 2/15.

Stack it with Rakuten for 32% back.

Global Adventurer Feb 8, 2020 12:49 am

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 32030584)
I got both of these but also got the Conrad offer on my Hilton Aspire which I was very pleased about!

Safe Travels

Why are all of these generally for just u.s. locations 😞 I hardly ever stay in hotels in the u.s.

gr2020 Feb 10, 2020 3:52 pm

Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii - spend $1000+ on room rate and room charges, get $200 back. For stays 2/10 through 6/30.

Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Excludes gift card purchases.

VegasGambler Feb 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by gr2020 (Post 32056678)
Hilton brand hotels in Hawaii - spend $1000+ on room rate and room charges, get $200 back. For stays 2/10 through 6/30.

Offer does not apply to advance purchase rates, including Advance Purchase, Save Now & Pay and Non-refundable rates. Excludes gift card purchases.

I just added this. I have a relatively expensive hawaii trip coming up (or I may just cancel -- I have airfare that I can cancel for no penalty but hotel rates are through the roof)

How does amex deal with overlapping offers? I have both this offer ($200 credit with $1000 spend at Hiltons in Hawaii) and another offer ($60 back on $350 spend at Waldorf Astoria and Conrad, which are Hilton brands).

If I do 2 nights at the Grand Wailea (a Waldorf Astoria Resort) and the total is over $1000, do I get both rebates ($260 total)?

Happy Feb 10, 2020 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by shmom (Post 32033056)
The Lowes 10% off did not work on my Delta Business card - on the language it says excludes "corporate gift cards" - so that must have been why the Netflix gift cards did not work. On another recent occasion when Lowes was doing another Amex offer -it worked on one my cards but did not work on a business Amex (one card was my husband's). There must be something blocking gift cards on the business cards with Lowes. I've never had an issue with buying gift cards at Staples on any card.

Both our BBPs maxed the Lowes offer with 100% GC purchases at the Lowes store.

The "corporate gift cards" refer to bulk purchase of gift cards made by a corporation / company.

msp3 Feb 10, 2020 6:56 pm

Does anyone notice Hilton Amex Offers seem to never be available on Hilton Amex cards? I find this to be the case on my Aspire, but is anyone else having this problem on any other Hilton cards?

mia Feb 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by msp3 (Post 32057193)
....Hilton Amex Offers seem to never be available on Hilton Amex cards?

Never seems to be an overstatement, see these two recent reports:

Originally Posted by GTITAN (Post 32030584)
....got the Conrad offer on my Hilton Aspire

....my Hilton Amex, I also got:

Offers is an advertising program. If you are sufficiently engaged with the Hilton program to apply for one of their co-branded cards, what's in it for Hilton to offer you an extra reward on a stay that you a likely to make without it?

shmom Feb 11, 2020 5:53 am

Originally Posted by Happy (Post 32057057)
Both our BBPs maxed the Lowes offer with 100% GC purchases at the Lowes store.

The "corporate gift cards" refer to bulk purchase of gift cards made by a corporation / company.

I'm aware of the bulk corporate card language - this had something different by saying corporate gift cards excluded (no use of the word bulk). I use Amex offers all the time. The Delta Business CC offer at Lowes has not gone through twice when I bought Amazon or Netflix gift cards so something must be up. The Lowe's offer is still available on the card with no indication of savings.

notquiteaff Feb 11, 2020 8:37 am

Originally Posted by mia (Post 32057316)
Offers is an advertising program. If you are sufficiently engaged with the Hilton program to apply for one of their co-branded cards, what's in it for Hilton to offer you an extra reward on a stay that you a likely to make without it?

Well, I am sufficiently engaged with the Hilton program to have one of their co-branded cards (and some 40 nights last year), but they are offering me frequently an extra reward to use an alternative card (eg Plat) for Hilton stays. Either it saves money by not having to pay me the discount and bonus Honors points, or the targeting is simply not taking into account the whole set of cards, i.e., Hilton offers generally don’t get targeted at any Hilton cards, but they don’t check if the targeted non-Hilton card is owned by a Hilton cardholder.

For a sufficient enough discount I have happily used my targeted card.

Happy Feb 11, 2020 9:46 am

Originally Posted by shmom (Post 32058443)
I'm aware of the bulk corporate card language - this had something different by saying corporate gift cards excluded (no use of the word bulk). I use Amex offers all the time. The Delta Business CC offer at Lowes has not gone through twice when I bought Amazon or Netflix gift cards so something must be up. The Lowe's offer is still available on the card with no indication of savings.

Actually I never see the word bulk in any offer with the corporate gift card language. I simply mentioned such because this is an area many people are confused. No idea why your purchases have not triggered the offer, which is the first time I read about it. We did not even bother with retailer gift cards but the much more convenient types. Statement credits posted in 3 days after charges posted, like clockwork.