Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 2, 2020, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
2016- 2019 discussion is HERE
Print Wikipost

Amex Offers (fka Sync Offers) (2020 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:36 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Among a bunch of the Amex Hilton offers that showed up today was one for Waldorf-Astoria. I thought I had added that one too, but can't currently see it as an added offer. Probably need to view it elsewhere.

My Hilton-related offers are showing as expiring 06/30/21
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:39 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by vincewy
Seeing none, they must know I spend enough so I'm not targeted.
I just thought about what you wrote, and I know for a fact spending more than enough has nothing to do with it, because I spend a boatload on my all my cards monthly especially the green card since I use it for hotels, uber (out of the country). There's been a lot of prepaid reservations I've made recently too. So, can't be spending too much. The bad thing is I can't use any of the offers because mostly all my upcoming stays are non-branded resorts, marriot and hyatt hotels so I can get globalist by the end of the year.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Among a bunch of the Amex Hilton offers that showed up today was one for Waldorf-Astoria. I thought I had added that one too, but can't currently see it as an added offer. Probably need to view it elsewhere.

My Hilton-related offers are showing as expiring 06/30/21

I just went back and checked the expiration dates. There are two expiration dates, depending on the hotel offer you use. June 30 or July 31. I corrected my post.
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:49 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
I just thought about what you wrote, and I know for a fact spending more than enough has nothing to do with it, because I spend a boatload on my all my cards monthly especially the green card since I use it for hotels, uber (out of the country). There's been a lot of prepaid reservations I've made recently too. So, can't be spending too much. The bad thing is I can't use any of the offers because mostly all my upcoming stays are non-branded resorts, marriot and hyatt hotels so I can get globalist by the end of the year.
I most often can't use the Amex offers for the branded hotels because I'm usually doing stays at these branded hotel stays outside North America.

Are any of these Amex offers for the major branded hotels ever good for hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America?
Old Apr 1, 2021, 8:53 am

I most often can't use the Amex offers for the branded hotels because I'm usually doing stays at these branded hotel stays outside North America.

Are any of these Amex offers for the major branded hotels ever good for hotels in Europe, Africa, Asia, South America?
Usually not. Just Canada, USA and Mexico. Glad you mentioned that, totally forgot about the terms and conditions on location.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:04 pm

Got an offer for $50 off of $150 at Wine Access but uhhh...

"Excludes for online orders delivered in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming."

I'm too lazy to figure out which four states are eligible for the offer but I live in CA. Chances the credit will post if I have it shipped here anyhow? I'm guessing unlikely.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Deleted by author

Last edited by Points Scrounger; Apr 2, 2021 at 2:32 pm
Old Apr 2, 2021, 2:23 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by CaptJOB
"Excludes for online orders delivered in the following states....
I'm guessing there has been an editing error, because this is not natural syntax. I think that is the list of states to which they do ship, not a list of exclusions from the offer. See here: https://www.wineaccess.com/where-we-ship/ They do not ship to Alabama, Arkansas, Michigan, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Utah.
chrisny2 and beltway like this.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by CaptJOB
Got an offer for $50 off of $150 at Wine Access but uhhh...

"Excludes for online orders delivered in the following states: Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming."

I'm too lazy to figure out which four states are eligible for the offer but I live in CA. Chances the credit will post if I have it shipped here anyhow? I'm guessing unlikely.
Would have been easier if they wouuld have listed the states they could ship to instead LOL. I think Arkansas and Oklahoma are the only two states that aren't listed.
Old Apr 2, 2021, 7:57 pm

Programs: DL , AC, BA, Hhonors Gold, IH Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
There's an extra point on Grubhub purchases offer. I put it on my Gold card.
chrisny2 likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 8:06 am
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Anybody try a prepaid reservation on the Marriott website and triggering the Amex $200/$50 offer for a hotel not based in the offer terms regions:

Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

I was about to use the offer on multiple cards for a stay in Central America but now realize after looking at the fine print this may not trigger the offer.

Last edited by ymx; Apr 3, 2021 at 9:54 am
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by ymx
Anybody try a prepaid reservation on the Marriott website and triggering the Amex $200/$50 offer for a hotel not based in the offer terms regions:

Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy™ properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.”

I was about to use the offer on multiple cards for a stay in Central America but now realize after looking at the fine print this may not trigger the offer.
Do those Central American properties accept Marriott hotel US Dollar-denominated gift cards sold at Marriott hotel front desks in the US? The exchange rate could be lousy even if they do.

Originally Posted by Marriott.com
Q. Where can I use my Marriott GiftCard / eGiftCard?
A. Marriott GiftCards / eGiftCards can be used at any participating Marriott hotel at these brands(excluding those brands located in India), including AC Hotels by Marriott, Aloft, Autograph Collection Hotels, Courtyard, Delta Hotels and Resorts, EDITION, Element, Fairfield Inn & Suites, Four Points by Sheraton, Gaylord Hotels, JW Marriott, Le Mridien, Marriott Executive Apartments, Marriott Hotels, Marriott Vacation Club, Moxy Hotels , Protea Hotels by Marriott, Renaissance Hotels, Residence Inn, Sheraton, SpringHill Suites, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, The Ritz-Carlton, The Ritz-Carlton Reserve hotels, TownePlace Suites, Tribute Portfolio™, W, Westin

The following Marriott Hotel Brands DO NOT accept Marriott GiftCards: Bvlgari Hotels, Design Hotels™, Homes & Villas by Marriott International Marriott™, The Ritz-Carlton Destination Club,
Given the mention of India above, I take it that the USD-denominated gift cards can be used in Central America at the relevant Marriott brands that accept Marriott gifcards.

Seems like there is one way to use this Amex offer: buy the gift cards at some Marriott hotel front desks using the Amex card with this offer. Not by the book in terms of the offer terms, but this wouldn't be the first or last time that the Amex offers paid out the credits even as the purchase type reads as being excluded in the offer terms.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 3, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Old Apr 3, 2021, 1:44 pm

Do those Central American properties accept Marriott hotel US Dollar-denominated gift cards sold at Marriott hotel front desks in the US? The exchange rate could be lousy even if they do.

Given the mention of India above, I take it that the USD-denominated gift cards can be used in Central America at the relevant Marriott brands that accept Marriott gifcards.

Seems like there is one way to use this Amex offer: buy the gift cards at some Marriott hotel front desks using the Amex card with this offer. Not by the book in terms of the offer terms, but this wouldn't be the first or last time that the Amex offers paid out the credits even as the purchase type reads as being excluded in the offer terms.
I wonder if buying a physical gift card and having it physically mailed via the marriot website would activate the offer? Anybody know?

https://gifts.marriott.com/
Flying Machine likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2021, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Originally Posted by ymx

Offer valid only at participating Marriott Bonvoy properties in the U.S. and U.S. territories, Canada, Mexico and the Caribbean.

I can't speak exactly to that, but I just made a prepaid resv at a US hotel to use this offer and the charge showed up as the property itself. If non-US hotels post similarly, it seems like it would be very easy for Amex to identify that the charge is not eligible.

Of course, YMMV and would be nice if prepay bookings were a workaround to the regional limitations.
Old Apr 4, 2021, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by gengar
As others have mentioned, this should be no problem under the offer terms; just as a data point, the Best Buy offer terms reads the same way and I was credited after experiencing the same issue (split shipment resulted in multiple <$50 charges).
Can confirm that my two charges that added up to over $50 did trigger the statement credit. Which makes me want to go back and look at Best Buy as I bought an item for $80 and earned the credit... so now I just need to spend $20 to get the second $50 back. Even if I have to pay shipping it would be worth it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.