Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Brilliant $300 hotel credit replaced by $25/month dining in Sept 2022.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Brilliant $300 hotel credit replaced by $25/month dining in Sept 2022.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2020, 8:05 pm

Originally Posted by mkpkmp
Is there any data point that this has been extended? I got a credit for a $50 Marriott Bonvoy credit for a restaurant charged on 9/4. Just checking if any one is seeing this.
I think it got extended, but I don't know until when. I had two charges in September for restaurants with credits.
Old Sep 10, 2020, 5:47 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
I think it got extended, but I don't know until when. I had two charges in September for restaurants with credits.
I have one post from 9/2 from Postmates and it was credited. Also - I had used all of the $300 previously. My new $450 fee has not posted but it should post at renewal this week.
Old Sep 11, 2020, 1:07 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I just spoke with AMEX. Two agents informed me the offer ended 8/31 and has not been extended as of yet. They offered me 30K points or $100 statement credit if I charge $1,250 in 3 months (I charge way more than that)
I did not accept the offer - I have 30 days to cancel and not pay so I will see if the food credits keep posting (a postmates $9.99 credit did post in September, but an Uber Eats the same day did not).

I may just downgrade the card
Old Sep 18, 2020, 11:43 am

Just had the renewal fee posted and considering downgrading. If I use some of the my $300 credit in the next few days but then downgrade - does anything happen with the reimbursements? May try next restaurant charge on the card to see if it posts.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Use Bonvoy Brilliance $300 Credit Without Travel?

My Amex Bonvoy Brilliance credit will be expiring at the end of Feb and currently, I don't have any travel plans until May (still pending). I don't want to book a prepaid hotel stay and risk having to cancel and lose the money. Are there other ways to use the credit besides gift cards? Also, are there any DP on recent successful gift card purchases? The last successful gc purchase I saw in the reimbursement thread was from May 2020.

Thank you.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:22 am
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Originally Posted by festriaqua
My Amex Bonvoy Brilliance credit will be expiring at the end of Feb and currently, I don't have any travel plans until May (still pending). I don't want to book a prepaid hotel stay and risk having to cancel and lose the money. Are there other ways to use the credit besides gift cards? Also, are there any DP on recent successful gift card purchases? The last successful gc purchase I saw in the reimbursement thread was from May 2020.

Thank you.
I faintly recall AmEx allows this credit to be used for something else. Dining in general? Just ask AmEx chat rep and they will be happy to help you.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Titanium + LT Gold
Originally Posted by RedSun
I faintly recall AmEx allows this credit to be used for something else. Dining in general? Just ask AmEx chat rep and they will be happy to help you.
That was a special promotion last year, and ended on Aug 31, 2020.
Old Jan 18, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA Gold, Marriot Plat
Originally Posted by festriaqua
That was a special promotion last year, and ended on Aug 31, 2020.
Where were you during the promotion last year? Expected to use on a reservation? I suggest you contact CSR or wait until next month as there are expected benefits for this, hilton and delta cards. Hopefully, Amex makes these resort credit as flexible as last year.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 1:43 pm

not surprised how quiet this thread is. the brilliant credit is much more flexible to use. but i still wish I could use for food. given how all the amex COVID enhancements have already been announced, I guess there will be nothing else for brilliant.
Old May 6, 2021, 6:36 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
The answer may well be buried in this thread, but I did not find it with a quick search. Apologies if this has been covered.

The T&Cs state that things like dining charges must be charged to the room to count. Are there experiences where food charges not associated with a stay have credited with this? We are periodically near Bonvoy properties where we're not staying, so it would be cool to have this work.

Cheers.
Old May 7, 2021, 6:08 am

My AF is due on 5/13 and considering canceling/downgrading. We have no plans for staying at a hotel this year but a decent retention offer of 60k, no spend..
Old May 13, 2021, 2:38 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Delta
Just to add another data point - this week, I purchased $300 e-gift card from gifts.marriott.com and the statement credit posted roughly 3 days are after the charge did.

Edit: the charge also got the 6x Bonvoy points earning
Old May 16, 2021, 8:44 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Adding another e-gift card DP (and thanks to recent posts about this - I had not tracked this closely and did not know that this was an option).

Charge posted to the account 5/13. Credit posted 5/15. Now I can use the GC at Marriott properties where I'm not staying and there are a good number near places I visit.

Cheers.
Old Jun 18, 2021, 10:53 am

Programs: United/Marriott/Chase
Using this forum and the post from EZPZBZ , I also bought a $300 gift e-card from gits.marriott.com on June 15, 2021. The gift card was emailed to my own name, but I used a second email address for recipient. I got the gift card email immediately, saw the $300 charge on AmEx Bonvoy Brilliant the next day, and after 3 days total I now see the $300 credit, which zeroed out the cost. Might need to add 2 more days if there's a weekend or holiday. Hooray!
rice4u likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 6:17 am

Programs: Once a somebody now a nobody
Another data point of this working. I bought at $275 e-gift card on July 3rd. I received the $275 credit July 6th. The gift card came within about 20 minutes.

Slightly off topic, but does anyone know if buying an e-gift card will also trigger the credit on the spend $200 get $40 back regular Amex offer? I have that on my Gold Card but not sure if it will also work. Thx!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.