Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Brilliant $300 hotel credit replaced by $25/month dining in Sept 2022.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Brilliant $300 hotel credit replaced by $25/month dining in Sept 2022.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2020, 9:08 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond. National Biz Exec. AMX Plat. CSR. Bonvoy Brilliant. Delta Reserve.
According to this article you can now use the credit towards restaurants through August 2020.

https://mypointslife.blogspot.com/20...s-covid19.html

June - August 2020
Restaurants including take out and delivery:
Purchases now qualify towards $300 Marriott Bonvoy Statement Credit benefit.
Old Jun 4, 2020, 10:19 am

Programs: AA 1MM GO, SW A-List
FYI: Got credit for Uber Eats.

The charges were on 5/31 — two of them ($26 and $3).

Marriott Bonvoy Credit for both charges on 6/2.

Uber Eats is categorized under restaurants which makes sense it counted the credit.

Charge Details:
Uber Eats
1455 Market Street
San Francisco, CA 94103

Reminder:
Have till end of August to use restaurants for the $300 credit.

This is good since my annual is up end of July and still need to use up all my credits!

Enjoy!
Old Jun 19, 2020, 10:54 pm

I have put 2 restaurant charges so far on the card, but no credit after almost 2 weeks. I called the number on the back of the card and was told it can take up to 6-8 weeks to credit back?!
Old Jun 20, 2020, 2:33 pm

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
I too was told 6 to 8 weeks (or sooner).

Agent "verbally" confirmed POSTMATES, and Uber Eats do qualify.

I have several charges after June 1 on the above and no credits
Old Jun 20, 2020, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL Plat, UA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Credit Card Diamond
I haven’t tried it with the Bonvoy Brilliant yet, but I’ve been consistently getting restaurant credits with the Hilton Aspire. I would assume they code the same way.
Old Jun 21, 2020, 12:54 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Diamond, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mileage Fanatic
Due to COVID, can now use credit towards restaurants including take-out and delivery thru August.

Does anyone know if you can use food delivery services like Uber Eats, DoorDash, or Grubhub?

Thanks!
Anyone been successful with GrubHub yet?
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:40 am

Programs: DL DM/2.768MM, Global Entry, Titanium_Marriott, GHertz
On June 19, I charged take-out from Charleston's and Ted's Escondido (both in OKC). Both show credits dated 6/21.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 8:10 pm

Originally Posted by ameskay
I have put 2 restaurant charges so far on the card, but no credit after almost 2 weeks. I called the number on the back of the card and was told it can take up to 6-8 weeks to credit back?!
oooooops I think this is because I already got the $300 credit this year.....
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:29 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
Any PD for those that had their anniversary/annual fee in Jun and got restaurant credit as part of the $300 annual Marriott credit promo from Jun-Aug? Just wondering...
Old Jul 25, 2020, 11:10 am

Wondering the same thing.

My Brilliant card anniversary date is August. Should I spend the $300 now, then get it again in August? Only 1 week left in July!
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:24 am

Programs: CX Diamond, AA Gold, Bonvoy Platinum
Hopefully they will extend the $300 in restaurants for a few more months. I have a renewal coming in September - my loyalty to Starwood has greatly diminished due to their rewards program (when travel resumes I just stay and pay for the best option - be Starwood or not) so the restrictive 1 free 50K night (which will likely expire unused) or $300 hotel credit are less valuable this time.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 3:19 pm

Just wanted to quickly clarify - does the $300 credit get used if you book a hotel online with Marriott directly?

I understand buying gift cards and using the card at Marriott properties triggers the credit.
Old Aug 8, 2020, 4:08 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by JLC85
Just wanted to quickly clarify - does the $300 credit get used if you book a hotel online with Marriott directly?
Yes. Note that prepaid rates aren't always immediately charged to the card, so if you are running up against the deadline you may have to call to ask them to put the charge through. (Even on non-prepaid you can apparently also call and ask them to charge a deposit, unlikely they will refuse...)

Originally Posted by JLC85
I understand buying gift cards and using the card at Marriott properties triggers the credit.
To be clear, it's the purchase that triggers the credit (the redemption of the gift card is not relevant as far as that goes)
Old Aug 15, 2020, 9:19 pm

Programs: AA LT Platinum, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by traveler18
Hopefully they will extend the $300 in restaurants for a few more months. I have a renewal coming in September - my loyalty to Starwood has greatly diminished due to their rewards program (when travel resumes I just stay and pay for the best option - be Starwood or not) so the restrictive 1 free 50K night (which will likely expire unused) or $300 hotel credit are less valuable this time.
I am hoping the restaurant benefit gets extended past August too. My $450 AF posts September 7 and no plans for hotel travel in the near future. I may need to cancel the card in early September
Old Sep 9, 2020, 6:46 pm

Is there any data point that this has been extended? I got a credit for a $50 Marriott Bonvoy credit for a restaurant charged on 9/4. Just checking if any one is seeing this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.