Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 3, 2019, 8:56 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: rrgg
$50 statement credit for purchases made at Saks. Enrollment required prior to purchase.
  • This benefit is available twice a year, once from Jan-Jun and once again from Jul-Dec.
  • Use it or lose it, does not rollover or accumulate. There is no "meter" to track how much you've spent. Check your statement for credits.
  • Per AMEX CS chat the transaction date is what determines whether a purchase is reimbursed from the Jan-Jun benefit or the Jul-Dec benefit.
  • Actual experience from 2019: first-half purchase submitted only 6/27, shipped 6/29, went from pending to posted on 7/1 (but dated as 6/29), credit posted on 7/1, was able to use second $50 credit a week or two later
  • Purchases by Additional Card Members (both the $175 Plat-colored and free Gold-colored) will be reimbursed also, but only up to an aggregate $50 per Account.
CAUTION: A note about Saks online shipping (particularly if ordering very close to the end of June or end of December):
Online orders do not charge until shipped. Many items are carried in-stock by Saks and eligible for ShopRunner shipping - data points suggest that these will charge and ship quickly.
However, many other items on Saks(dot)com drop ship from the manufacturer. For these, expected delivery dates may not be reliable, are not guaranteed, and orders cannot be cancelled easily.
If you place an online order close to the end of an Amex credit period, there is a risk that your item may not ship (and Amex will not be charged) until after the end of the credit period.

Note on shipping & billing times: If a product shows that ShopRunner shipping is available, it is shipped by Saks and is likely to ship and bill quickly. If there's no ShopRunner option, it is likely drop-shipped from the manufacturer meaning the shipping date and actual charge date will be further out.

Things known to count for the credit:
  • Merchandise purchased in Saks stores or online
  • Physical gift cards purchased in-store
  • Physical gift cards purchased online (min $150)
Things that do not get reimbursed:
  • e-gift cards (these are fulfilled by a different vendor)
  • anything bought at "Saks Off 5th" (however, you can use a Saks gift card at Off 5th...)
Print Wikipost

$50 credit at Saks 5th Ave every 6 months with Plat card (2018 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:59 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles
I find this benefit one of the easiest to use.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 8:39 am

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver
Originally Posted by FrugalShopper
Bought $50 gift card in store 7/1, posted 7/2, no reimbursement yet.
Did you end up getting reimbursed for the gc? Looking to use my credit for gc soon.

Anyone else have any recent successful gc reimbursements?

Last edited by flyguy6; Jul 9, 2019 at 8:46 am
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by flyguy6
Yep. Purchased $50 GC 7/2, reimbursed 7/6.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: AA, AS, UA, WN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Did you end up getting reimbursed for the gc? Looking to use my credit for gc soon.

Yes, reimbursement showed up on 7/6, posted as 7/5.
flyguy6 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 8:31 am
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by Zorak
purchase submitted evening of 6/27, shipped 6/29, transaction showed pending until 7/1 when it posted with a transaction date of 6/29. $50 credit posted today with a date of 7/1.

Similar to a report above, I confirmed with a chat agent that the transaction posting date is what matters and I have $50 remaining for the second half of the year.
Gift card purchased in person 7/6, credit posted overnight 7/9-7/10.
Old Jul 11, 2019, 9:58 pm

Purchased $50 gift card in store 7/6 and credit posted 7/10
Old Jul 14, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: WN A-list., Marriott Plat, National EX, UA Silver

Thanks for all replies.

I get credit for Saks GC a few days ago. 3 days after the charge posted I got the credit.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 7:22 pm

Programs: BA SIL, WN A, UA SIL, Marriott TIT (LT), Hilton DIA
I get a nice tie every 6 months. thanks AMEX
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Bought gift card 7/11, credited 7/14.

I got it at the Chicago store. Saleslady claimed I had to give my e-mail address for "security reasons" due to a new policy and it wouldn't be used for any other purpose. Of course I started getting Saks spam by the following day. Anyone else encounter this, or just a one-off?
Old Jul 16, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold, IHG Silver, Choice Platinum, Wyndham Gold
Originally Posted by gengar

I got it at the Chicago store. Saleslady claimed I had to give my e-mail address for "security reasons" due to a new policy and it wouldn't be used for any other purpose. Of course I started getting Saks spam by the following day. Anyone else encounter this, or just a one-off?
I received spam after I enrolled. I did an online chat and told them to remove me from all their physical mailing lists, email and third party communications. And every time I order online I have to unsubscribe from their emails.

Buying a gift card in person is probably the best way to redeem the Amex offer because at least they won't have your mailing address.

Next time tell them you don't have an email address. There's lots of people (usually older), that don't have email or even access to a computer. Wish I could purchase a gift card in person. I hate spam.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:09 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by Global Adventurer
Next time tell them you don't have an email address.
I'll do that next time. The whole thing is just so obnoxious. I bought my last 2 GCs from the NYC store and they didn't ask for any information.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card

I got this as well when I bought a GC last month; I have a junk email address specifically for stuff like that. But then she also asked for my home address (not mailing, specifically "home address") and at that point I refused. She insisted it was for my own benefit in case anything happened to the GC they could track it or whatever. I just wanted to get out of there at that point so gave her an address in my office building that I know doesn't actually exist.

Super annoying.
Old Jul 16, 2019, 3:40 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, Bonvoy LTTit
Purchased July 6th, credited July 9th

50 gift card, saks beverly hills
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:08 pm

Programs: AA EP, AA AC
Hey All,

Just opened the PLT Card first week of July. Used the Saks credit. Was easy peazy! Which the AA reimbursement was too. I have the Aspire and the PLT so gotta burn through 450 worth of those credits!

Safe Travels
Old Jul 16, 2019, 7:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I bought my GC in NYC and she asked for my email "in case I lost it, it could be replaced" I declined. Then when I left she passive aggressively said be careful to not lose it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.