Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What do Amex (UK) class as a 'new card'?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2018, 3:58 pm
Original Poster

What do Amex (UK) class as a 'new card'?

Hi,

I currently have an Amex Gold charge card and until recently, a BA Premium Plus card issued by Amex UK. I contacted Amex about downgrading my BA card to the free version, and was advised that I needed to complete a new card application on the website. I was told it is not possible to hold both the BAPP and the free BA card simultaneously, so by applying for the free card, my Premium card would automatically be downgraded. Having initially got the message that 'we can't give you an instant decision' when I made the card application, this has now been processed and I have the free BA card.

Now, my question is, does this count as a new card application which will have caused a hard search on my credit record? I am intending to upgrade my Gold charge card to platinum in the next month or so, again, does this count as a new card?

I am wanting to take out an Amex International US Dollar Card, and would like to also to take out the SPG card (in addition to upgrading my Gold charge). However, I am concerned that I will be rejected for these as I have already made a new card application for my BA card, and this may be compounded if I upgrade my Gold charge card.

Can anyone advise please?

Many thanks.
FrogTastic likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.