Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

TARGETED: Amex USA up to 50k points for $3-$10k spend on various existing accounts.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

TARGETED: Amex USA up to 50k points for $3-$10k spend on various existing accounts.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2017, 12:57 pm

Once again Amex sticking it to its big spenders, my business had over $300k spend on the Business Plat in the past year and nothing. Gotta love Amex, at this point I am using the Blue Business for $50k and everything else is going to Chase. Amex can go kick rocks
Old Jul 27, 2017, 5:48 pm

Amex is on a roll. 50k/$5000 spend on existing Business Gold card.

Just got an email.
"...Now you can earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card from 07/15/17 to 10/15/17. It's that simple.
..."
Old Jul 27, 2017, 6:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
...and on a card I don't have yet. Sad!
Old Jul 27, 2017, 7:39 pm

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I never received an email for this offer, but I saw it in my Amex Offers for a few days -- but today I logged in and it's gone! I took a screenshot and plan on getting in touch with Amex about it, but figured I'd check if anyone had a similar experience.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by morphogencc
I never received an email for this offer, but I saw it in my Amex Offers for a few days -- but today I logged in and it's gone! I took a screenshot and plan on getting in touch with Amex about it, but figured I'd check if anyone had a similar experience.
I believe it is automatically added to certain accounts...not an offer which must be accepted, but an automatic enrollment that will give you the points once you meet the spend. To be sure, I agree you should confirm with AmEx. A very nice "offer" indeed. Cheers.
Old Jul 27, 2017, 10:56 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Did you check your email? We got a notice via email, and a brief glimpse of the notice when logged on. The offer does not require registration. Our 40K points posted today.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by krazykanuck
...and on a card I don't have yet. Sad!
Are you saying you received the same email even though you do not have the card? If that is the case, I better check with Amex before I make the $5k spend.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 7:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL DM, Hyatt Ist-iest, Stariott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by junks2010
Are you saying you received the same email even though you do not have the card? If that is the case, I better check with Amex before I make the $5k spend.
No I'm expressing disappointment that this is only on the Biz charge cards.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 9:54 am

Programs: American Airlines Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by StartinSanDiego
Did you check your email? We got a notice via email, and a brief glimpse of the notice when logged on. The offer does not require registration. Our 40K points posted today.
Yup; I've checked email. I'm 100% sure it isn't in my spam folder or anywhere else; I never received an email for it!
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yup; I've checked email. I'm 100% sure it isn't in my spam folder or anywhere else; I never received an email for it!
The offer may have reached its allotment.

AMEX offers all have a finite limit allotments. Popular offers gone very fast. Even this one is not the sense of the usual offer, it may still have a set number of allotment.

The moment you saw the offer you should add it to the card immediately.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by Happy
The offer may have reached its allotment.

AMEX offers all have a finite limit allotments. Popular offers gone very fast. Even this one is not the sense of the usual offer, it may still have a set number of allotment.

The moment you saw the offer you should add it to the card immediately.
Respectfully, this "offer" could not be added to the card. It was automatic for certain accounts. As I mentioned above (post #8 ), I didn't get it but DW did. Cheers.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jeepie
Respectfully, this "offer" could not be added to the card. It was automatic for certain accounts. As I mentioned above (post #8 ), I didn't get it but DW did. Cheers.
Or the poster who saw it in the offer screen, go ahead to contact AMEX via chat to make sure the offer is attached to his account.

Last year there was a 100K HHonors Surpass upgrade offer - I got 2 emails on the offer but did not see it online when log in.

A friend never received email but he saw it online when he logged in. Did not want to take a chance he chatted and once was assured his account had the offer he went ahead to upgrade as he was afraid the offer would disappear on him (there were DPs just like now, offers disappeared).

My main point is, offer could have a finite number and if you wait, the offer may meet its target and yours is taken by other people who act faster than you.

I am pretty sure AMEX dont expect everyone who is targeted would take up the offer. Once the whole budget allotted to the incentive offers, the offers would be pulled. Suck you wait and see the offer disappears. That happens.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 1:09 pm

I received this offer email back on the 21st. Almost forgot about it! My renewal isn't until Jan of next year.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 2:04 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Piggly Wiggly "Shop the Pig!" Preferred Shopper
Nice suprise in my inbox

Now you can earn 50,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 or more in qualifying purchases on your Card from 07/15/17 to 10/15/17. It's that simple.

Remember, there's no need to enroll. We hope you take advantage of this special offer, and all the features and benefits that come with Card Membership.
Old Jul 28, 2017, 4:43 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
Or the poster who saw it in the offer screen, go ahead to contact AMEX via chat to make sure the offer is attached to his account.

Last year there was a 100K HHonors Surpass upgrade offer - I got 2 emails on the offer but did not see it online when log in.

A friend never received email but he saw it online when he logged in. Did not want to take a chance he chatted and once was assured his account had the offer he went ahead to upgrade as he was afraid the offer would disappear on him (there were DPs just like now, offers disappeared).

My main point is, offer could have a finite number and if you wait, the offer may meet its target and yours is taken by other people who act faster than you.

I am pretty sure AMEX dont expect everyone who is targeted would take up the offer. Once the whole budget allotted to the incentive offers, the offers would be pulled. Suck you wait and see the offer disappears. That happens.
You are commenting GENERALLY. Here is this SPECIFIC offer. Cheers.

Xxxx,

We value your Business Platinum CardŽ Membership, so we're sending you this special offer that's been automatically added to your Card. All you have to do is start using it.

EARN UP TO 50,000 BONUS MEMBERSHIP REWARDS(R) POINTS WITH YOUR BUSINESS PLATINUM CARD(1)

Earn 40,000 Membership Rewards points after you spend $5,000 and an extra 10,000 points when you spend an additional $5,000 all on qualifying purchases on your Card from July 15 to October 15.

Remember, there's no need to enroll. Simply use your Card to take advantage of this special bonus offer.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.