Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AMEX exclusive USA issuer of Hilton Cards [2018]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2018, 12:18 pm

Sorry if this has been reported before -- I'm sure it has but I didn't know it -- the $250 airline credit on Ascend is calendar and works like the platinum credit (has to be your airline of choice). Whether the same things will qualify of course is unknown.

The $250 resort credit is account year, not calendar year.
Old Jan 18, 2018, 3:36 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
For myself, it's the matter of having to go through the process of closing one account (my current Citi Hilton Reserve Card) and then going through the process of applying for the new product (the Aspire).
Old Jan 18, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
No Authorized User Card?

Currently I have my wife as an authorized user on the Citi Hilton card.. just received my new Amex Ascend card, but just for myself.

Anyone else in this same situation?
Old Jan 18, 2018, 10:31 pm

Anyone know if they expedite (or can expedite) the Aspire?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by nall
Anyone know if they expedite (or can expedite) the Aspire?
Can anyone say how the Aspire card is delivered (U.S. mail, UPS, etc.)? I'm currently traveling and don't want the UPS guy to just drop it outside my house.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:26 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by lkar

Edit: Instant approval. I also received the card number right away.
How did you get the number? On the approval confirmation screen?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:33 am

Applied for and approved for aspire as soon as link became active. Arrival time listed as 3-5 days. Look forward to data points on how the airline credit works.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 1:43 am

Originally Posted by Ariesflyertalk
Applied for and approved for aspire as soon as link became active. Arrival time listed as 3-5 days. Look forward to data points on how the airline credit works.
I forgot to mention that I played around with bookings and the aspire package that comes with a 100$ credit at conrad and Waldorf locations. Absolute garbage and no one should bother booking with this package. You’re actually losing money with this package.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:40 am

Originally Posted by jphripjah
How did you get the number? On the approval confirmation screen?
Yes, there was a link and it opened a new window with a card with a temporary CID that you had three minutes to print.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:37 am

Programs: HH Diamond
AU card

Originally Posted by teemuflyer
Currently I have my wife as an authorized user on the Citi Hilton card.. just received my new Amex Ascend card, but just for myself.

Anyone else in this same situation?
I had the same situation. Received a new card from AMEX for me in an envelope stuffed with all the t's & c's, etc. a few days ago. Yesterday I received a separate envelope with just the AU card for my DH. FYI - Since this is AMEX, the AU card has a different number from the card for the account holder.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: AA EXP +2MM- LT PLT! HH Diamond
Originally Posted by MellieAZ
I had the same situation. Received a new card from AMEX for me in an envelope stuffed with all the t's & c's, etc. a few days ago. Yesterday I received a separate envelope with just the AU card for my DH. FYI - Since this is AMEX, the AU card has a different number from the card for the account holder.
Ok.. thanks for the info!
Old Jan 19, 2018, 10:09 am

Just got approved for the Aspire. Really curious about the $250 Hilton Resort credit and if it works for the actual room (how would they split the room charges from the incidentals anyway?)

Realistically, the only one I can see myself going to for a short weekend trip is the Tropicana (which is on the list of resorts), or the two Hiltons in San Diego.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jphripjah
Can anyone say how the Aspire card is delivered (U.S. mail, UPS, etc.)? I'm currently traveling and don't want the UPS guy to just drop it outside my house.
The Aspire card was only introduced yesterday. I presume no one has gotten a delivery of one yet.

And in general, I'm not even sure if Amex is consistent about this. I seem to recall some other Amex card where some people got them delivered one way and other people got it delivered another way. I also recall someone asking Amex how some card would delivered, and Amex told them, and then it ended up that Amex shipped it by a totally different carrier!

So I think you need a plan to have someone collect the mail for you if you're concerned about this, or else wait until you're not traveling.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 12:02 pm

i have 5 amex cards, including the no fee hilton card. No upgrade offers to Ascend. If i cancel my current hilton card, how long does one need to wait before that card drops off Amex's radar and opens up that 5th slot again?
Old Jan 19, 2018, 7:29 pm
Suspended

Anyone knows how to select airline for aspire? not in the usual link fyi

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.