Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 13, 2017, 6:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: garykung
The new AMEX Centurion Lounge @ HKG is located at the previous VS lounge, adjacent to United Club. The Centurion Lounge HKG is designed by Legend Interiors, who is also responsible for QA lounges and the recent CX lounges renovation at HKG. The lounge is operated by Plaza Premium Lounge.

Lounge Review:

Apple Daily (With Video) - Chinese

Australian Business Traveller - English

U Weekly by HKET - Credit to leokungkin - Chinese
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge HKG (Opened 2 October 2017, Reopened 30 November 2022)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2017, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
Originally Posted by s0ssos
Yea, but my devices work fine on the airport free wifi and also Plaza Premium's (which is stronger in some parts of the lounge).
Just because your devices work with other networks do not mean it is not your devices' problem.

Have you restarted your devices?

The seat doesn't match the size of the actual toilet bowl. It is just shoddy work.
Oh...
Old Dec 19, 2017, 6:48 pm

Originally Posted by garykung
Just because your devices work with other networks do not mean it is not your devices' problem.

Have you restarted your devices?
I don't think you understand how networks work. Yes, it is the wifi issue. Sometimes there are issues with devices, like IP conflicts and the such, but that is an issue with the network usually (it is possible to have a fixed IP on a laptop, but on a phone that is pretty uncommon. On a laptop it is pretty uncommon nowadays as well). Also an issue with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz, as some older devices don't support the higher frequency.
Sometimes there is also a limit on how many simultaneous connections are allowed/supported.

Anyways, wifi networks should work for the vast majority of users. They should actually work for all, but sometimes there are specific conflicts that take IT administrators too much time/effort to resolve, so they don't worry about those.

Resetting a phone doesn't usually solve any issues with wifi connectivity (laptop may, if you are running Windows, but that is another issue). It is easy enough to turn off wifi, or turn on airplane mode, which practically does the same thing.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 1:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K 0.9MM, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Hertz PC, SBux Gold, TSA Pre✓
I don't think you understand how networks work.
What if it is not a network issue? Even taking your word in your favor, there is nothing suggesting issues with the Centurion Lounge's WiFi network.

FWIW - restarting a device will usually resolve most problems encountered. In fact, it is the first method you should try whenever you have an issue.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:46 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
Is the "breakfast menu" only available inside the Centurion section?

Old Feb 1, 2018, 1:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JordanWalker
Is the "breakfast menu" only available inside the Centurion section?
Yes.

Outside Centurion area is buffet only.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 2:26 am

Programs: Top Tier Flyertalk Member
How's everyone's experience with HK's location? Originally from the pics during opening, I was afraid there was awfully not a lot of seats / tables. But from all the Instagram pictures, it seems fairly empty and always some seats available.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:14 am

Programs: All the programs!
I've stopped by a handful of times and never have problems finding a table. I generally depart HKG 9am-11am.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

But from all the Instagram pictures, it seems fairly empty and always some seats available.
There are several reasons why the lounge is not utilized as most think:

1. Most who have AMEX Centurion Lounge access usually have other lounge access as well.

2. Except for alcohol, AMEX Centurion Lounge is not as good as the PPL nearby.

Note - All PPL in HKG are now included AMEX Global Lounge Collection. PP is not longer required for access, but simply your AMEX Platinum/Centurion.

3. This lounge's location is not exactly convenient.

The lounge is located at the far side of the terminal. Due to how HKG is designed, pax with low gate numbers will be forced to walk back to their gates in order to use this lounge.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 8:05 pm

Programs: AS
Originally Posted by garykung
There are several reasons why the lounge is not utilized as most think:

Good overview and excellent points. Good to know that AMEX Plat card can be used to access other lounges.
It seems that Emirates Lounge HKG has limited hours of operation. This will help fill in the gaps.[/LEFT]

Last edited by mia; Feb 2, 2018 at 8:14 pm Reason: prune quotation
Old Feb 3, 2018, 6:34 am

Programs: MPC, HH & others
How's everyone's experience with HK's location? Originally from the pics during opening, I was afraid there was awfully not a lot of seats / tables. But from all the Instagram pictures, it seems fairly empty and always some seats available.
I stop by a few times a week on my way to the Pier to check in people. The lounge never busy and however the wait for the showers is often ridiculously long. Two days ago I was told 2 hours as there was a large family ahead of me but there could be extra delays if any centurion member wanted to use the showers.
Old Feb 4, 2018, 7:08 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus 1K; Marriott Platinum; Hilton Gold
I stopped in for the first time and was not impressed. The Manhattan they mixed was poor - worse than the North American CL's (especially SFO, which makes a mean Manhattan) and also worse than the version I'd just finished in The Wing, which was excellent. I wouldn't rush back there, especially if I had access to The Wing again.
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:10 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Color me unimpressed as well. Poor seating options and most everything was full. Food spread was weaker than SFO and quality was low. And because it's open air to the terminal, it's uncomfortably hot and humid today (UA and TG clubs suffer from this as well).

In the SKL right now, enjoying more comfortable seating, better food, and blasting AC.
kirkwoodj likes this.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 6:07 pm

I plan to visit The Wing, Pier and Centurion lounge. Where should I have lunch?
PPL stands for Plaza Premium Lounge?
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:13 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by michael_v
PPL stands for Plaza Premium Lounge?
Pier.

You may also want to check out The Deck; it just opened last week.
Old Mar 30, 2018, 7:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by michael_v
I wouldn't bother with Centurion. It does not compare to the CX lounges for either hard or soft product.

Among the CX lounges, I personally prefer the window seats at the Bridge. I'd also check out the Deck since it's brand-new.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.