Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 17, 2017, 2:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
Location is in A-West:

Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge PHL (opened 31 Oct 2017)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by theboss7593
Is the shower open and operating? The airport wiki indicates yes, but I couldn't find any other evidence of it being open.
Yes.
Old May 4, 2019, 4:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Starwood Platinum, AA, SW, Delta
I plan to arrive in PHL but I am in terminal B. Would it be a long walk to the centurion lounge if I am arriving but have a connecting flight at night
Old May 4, 2019, 4:43 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Loews Platinum
No. Not far at all.
Old May 4, 2019, 5:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by happyvoid
I plan to arrive in PHL but I am in terminal B. Would it be a long walk to the centurion lounge if I am arriving but have a connecting flight at night
It's less than 10 mins. There's a moving walkway from B to A
Old May 4, 2019, 5:49 pm

You'll go by a minute suites on the way to A, accessible with P.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Heading through PHL for the first time in a while this weekend. Scheduled to land in C and depart from F with ~1.25 hour layover. Enough time to make the trek or not worth it (no other lounge access available to me on this trip)?
Old May 24, 2019, 12:34 pm
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by Duke787
Heading through PHL for the first time in a while this weekend. Scheduled to land in C and depart from F with ~1.25 hour layover. Enough time to make the trek or not worth it (no other lounge access available to me on this trip)?
I would suggest skipping it. Figure 15 minutes from C to A and 15-30 minutes from A back to F. If your flight was early by 30 or so minutes, it might be worth trying to stop by.
Old May 24, 2019, 12:34 pm

Yes worth it. Grab a couple drinks and some food. I noticed last time I was there they had changed up the food a little which was nice. From C is maybe 15 minutes.

Apparently there is also shuttle you could use. Perhaps you could use it from A to F if you didn't feel like walking. https://www.phl.org/Pages/Passengerinfo/shuttle.aspx
Old May 24, 2019, 12:50 pm
Suspended

If your goal is just to see it and maybe grab a very quick bite then go for it. And then use the A-F bus.
Old May 25, 2019, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, MR Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stc
I would suggest skipping it. Figure 15 minutes from C to A and 15-30 minutes from A back to F. If your flight was early by 30 or so minutes, it might be worth trying to stop by.
Originally Posted by Braswch
Yes worth it. Grab a couple drinks and some food. I noticed last time I was there they had changed up the food a little which was nice. From C is maybe 15 minutes.

Apparently there is also shuttle you could use. Perhaps you could use it from A to F if you didn't feel like walking. https://www.phl.org/Pages/Passengerinfo/shuttle.aspx
Originally Posted by QtownDave
If your goal is just to see it and maybe grab a very quick bite then go for it. And then use the A-F bus.
Well in the end it didn't matter. AA canceled our flight due to maintenance and no way to get to our final destination before Monday so ended up just staying at home for the holiday weekend
Old May 26, 2019, 10:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
So it seems I'm heading to PHL next month on AS and might finally be able to check out this lounge ^

Assuming I check luggage, I'll need to trek from the D desks to this lounge, then back to D5 for departure. Is this about a 15 minute walk each way?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-international

Thanks!
Old May 27, 2019, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beckoa
So it seems I'm heading to PHL next month on AS and might finally be able to check out this lounge ^

Assuming I check luggage, I'll need to trek from the D desks to this lounge, then back to D5 for departure. Is this about a 15 minute walk each way?

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/ai...-international

Thanks!
I think it's more like 10 minutes. That said, there are some "hidden" moving sidewalks that will speed your journey if you can find them. When you're heading from "D," just look on the left side for these walkways to "A." They're on the same level, in the same corridor as the main post-security walkway, just sometimes inconspicuous.
Flying Machine likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 11:56 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Stopped in yesterday from 6:45 to 7:15 PM. The entry agent made sure I was within three hours of my departing flight. The lounge itself was very crowded though I was able to find a seat near a window over looking the terminal with an outlet so I was happy.

Hot food was pretty limited so I didn't bother. I was happy to find Great Lakes Commodore Perry on tap though and I enjoyed that. I noticed by peeking at BPs on tables that a lot of people were statusless on AA and flying out on international flights that night so perhaps I picked a bad time to be there if I wanted something not so crowded.
Old May 28, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CMK10
I noticed by peeking at BPs on tables that a lot of people were statusless on AA and flying out on international flights that night so perhaps I picked a bad time to be there if I wanted something not so crowded.
How many people leave their boarding passes out on tables to peek at?

That said, yes, if you arrive in the late afternoon/early evening -- especially during summer when there are even more transatlantic flights at that terminal -- the Centurion Lounge at PHL will be crowded. Very crowded.
Old Jul 2, 2019, 9:58 am

Stopped by to check it out. 10 minutes from Terminal D to A14. However, if you have kids or are not super fast, it can take longer. It is very crowded (around 3 pm). The lounge feels small. Foods/drinks are OK. It is probably worthwhile if you are hungry, but I would not spend hours in it and try to "relax".

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.