Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:06 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Duniway Portland, OR

Early check-in:Not needed
Upgrade: Top floor
Breakfast: $30/pp per day, and allowed for the weekend brunch, and/or room service. Gratuities to waitstaff were included as my bill was $60 or less both days (side note: HHonors Gold breakfast would have otherwise been a $15/day credit)
Amenity: $100 F&B credit. Used at the restaurant, properly credited off
Wifi: Provided a code (hotel is a Hilton property so I also had my option to log in via HHonors but I did not)
Late Checkout: Used and appreciated (left after 2pm)
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Conrad Tokyo

Upgrade - initially not offered (together with Hilton Diamond), eventually got 3 categories up (booked Bay View Room, received Bay View Suite)
Early check in - did not use
Late check out - honored
Breakfast - at Cerise restaurant on lobby floor. High quality ingredients and great variety for the buffet spread. One a la carte choice allowed as well. Service was disappointing (chaotic and understaffed)
Wifi - OK
Amenity - $125 property credit - converted to 13375 JPY. We used it for room service which was excellent. No ripoff conversion at checkout.

With the exceptions of an unhappy confrontation with the FD at check in regarding upgrades (they played tricks and tried to embarrass us), and the lack of doormen/assistance on the ground floor entrance, everything was what you would expect from a Tokyo top tier luxury hotel. Immaculately upkept rooms and areas that make the hotel feel 10 years younger than it actually is; great vibes everywhere. Concierge, housekeeping/phone staff and lounge attendants were exemplary and hospitable at full Japanese standards. The views are as stunning as the rooms themselves too. Among Conrad hotels, I think this property still reigns over its Osaka counterpart.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 10:11 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Sofitel Sydney Darling Harbour

Upgrade - 2 categories up, from Superior to Superior Darling Harbour View (although somewhat misleading - our room was more of a 'partial' harbour view)
Early check in - room was ready when we arrived at noon.
Late check out - honored
Breakfast - at Atelier restaurant on third floor. Full breakfast. Not a 5* breakfast - felt like a crowded market. Coffee was self serve at a buffet station.
Wifi - Blazing fast.
Amenity - $100 F&B credit - reported as A$150 per welcome letter. Not applicable for room service or minibar, so spent it for dinner at Atelier restaurant. Average food.

This must be the worst FHR property that can ever exist. A check in line that is like 10+ deep, taking us almost an hour from arrival to getting our keys. Doorman took our bags from the trunk then simultaneously dropped them before the entrance as we exited from our car upon arrival. Doormen/bellmen at the lobby would ask if you're checking in, then proceed to do nothing, including failing to police other guests from cutting into the line. (Btw, they had video cameras on their chest pockets.)

Room upgrade is a joke for what they call a harbour view - the room looks largely into the adjacent Novotel rather than the harbour. The sun shines directly into the room for most of daytime, so the shades have to be down otherwise the AC is not strong enough to counter the heat (essentially negating the 'view'). No tub, no desk and no turndown service. The room is also so compact and uncomfortable, this is the first FHR hotel that I had serious trouble to match our room to the stock photos (read: don't trust them).

Had dinner at the onsite restaurant which was mediocre, and very weirdly asked if we were in house guests before letting us in. Breakfast was a circus / marketplace or a hybrid of both.

The property has six elevators and yet 'crowd control' was needed at multiple times of the day.

At check out completely ignored the FHR credit deduction and proceeded to overcharge and refund rather than just cancel the charge itself. Ouch there goes my currency conversion loss because of that. And of course no apologies, no 'how was your stay' and not even a goodbye/see you next time.

Even for Sydney / Australia which is not known for good service/hospitality culture, this was a new low for me.
Old Jul 19, 2019, 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Upgrade - 2 categories up, from Superior to Superior Darling Harbour View (although somewhat misleading - our room was more of a 'partial' harbour view)
Early check in - room was ready when we arrived at noon.
Late check out - honored
Breakfast - at Atelier restaurant on third floor. Full breakfast. Not a 5* breakfast - felt like a crowded market. Coffee was self serve at a buffet station.
Wifi - Blazing fast.
Amenity - $100 F&B credit - reported as A$150 per welcome letter. Not applicable for room service or minibar, so spent it for dinner at Atelier restaurant. Average food.

This must be the worst FHR property that can ever exist. A check in line that is like 10+ deep, taking us almost an hour from arrival to getting our keys. Doorman took our bags from the trunk then simultaneously dropped them before the entrance as we exited from our car upon arrival. Doormen/bellmen at the lobby would ask if you're checking in, then proceed to do nothing, including failing to police other guests from cutting into the line. (Btw, they had video cameras on their chest pockets.)

Room upgrade is a joke for what they call a harbour view - the room looks largely into the adjacent Novotel rather than the harbour. The sun shines directly into the room for most of daytime, so the shades have to be down otherwise the AC is not strong enough to counter the heat (essentially negating the 'view'). No tub, no desk and no turndown service. The room is also so compact and uncomfortable, this is the first FHR hotel that I had serious trouble to match our room to the stock photos (read: don't trust them).

Had dinner at the onsite restaurant which was mediocre, and very weirdly asked if we were in house guests before letting us in. Breakfast was a circus / marketplace or a hybrid of both.

The property has six elevators and yet 'crowd control' was needed at multiple times of the day.

At check out completely ignored the FHR credit deduction and proceeded to overcharge and refund rather than just cancel the charge itself. Ouch there goes my currency conversion loss because of that. And of course no apologies, no 'how was your stay' and not even a goodbye/see you next time.

Even for Sydney / Australia which is not known for good service/hospitality culture, this was a new low for me.
Do you provide feedback to Amex regarding your FHR experience in cases like this? It seems like a hotel of this caliber should not be part of the program unless this is a one off experience.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 8:07 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Has anyone stayed at the Monument Hotel in Barcelona? They seem to have the lowest rate compared to the rest of the FHR hotels in Barcelona.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Mandarin Oriental Hong Kong (Original)

Upgrade: Booked STATUE SQUARE VIEW ROOM Upgraded to HARBOUR VIEW ROOM
Early check-in: - N/A
Late check out: - Offered and honored 4 PM checkout
Breakfast: Complimentary Breakfast offered at Café Causette , the Clipper Lounge, or via in-room dining. The Clipper Lounge has a buffet.
WiFi : Adequate. Access with Last Name and Room Number
FHR Special Amenity: $100 USD food and beverage credit. My credit was used the for drinks at the M Bar and the Captain's Bar.

The Hong Kong Mandarin Oriental on Connaught Rd. is a great hotel to make use of FHR bookings. I took advantage of a 3rd night free offer, which added to the value. At check-in, the front desk agent willingly offered to review all the FHR benefits. The Mandarin Oriental also provided the FHR benefits in writing (see below). There appears to be a strong partnership between FHR and the Mandarin Oriental. This was my first FHR stay, and left a highly favorable impression on me. I am quite fond of this hotel, and would consider staying there again via FHR.
Attached Images  
levilevi likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by conde
At check-in, the front desk agent willingly offered to review all the FHR benefits. The Mandarin Oriental also provided the FHR benefits in writing (see below).
Yes, welcome to FHR AMEX requires properties provide both of these for FHR bookings.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 10:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by Kacee
Yes, welcome to FHR AMEX requires properties provide both of these for FHR bookings.
Thanks for sharing the customary procedures at check-in for FHR bookings. Perhaps my bliss was due to ignorance. The transparency on offered (and delivered) FHR benefits from properties is refreshing.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Plt
Mr C South Street Seaport NYC
Upgrade: none
early check in: n/a
Late check in: n/a
Fhr benefits : $100 per day food and bev credit. Plus Free breakfast and welcome bev

This hotel was pretty poorly run but the staff were good about making corrections after. The hotel was mostly full so hard to tell if upgrades were possible even. I booked largest non suite and did not get offered any suite although some skip level ones were open.

The first night we had major issues with the air con so day 2 we were put in a nice suite with a patio.

Last edited by BobbySteel; Jul 24, 2019 at 11:36 pm
Old Jul 24, 2019, 11:35 pm

The Dominick NYC
Upgrade: higher floor (one room grade above the booked one)
Early check in: n/a
Late check out: n/a
Benefits : $93 food and bev credit per day for breakfast including room service (which is about the exact cost of a two person breakfast). Amex centurion gets 🎉$150 extra per stay I think. Non centurion gets $100

Nice stay buy fhr didn't seem to get much. Simple upgrade and standard credits. Nothing to write home about. Beautiful room but small. I'd guess the suites are wonderful here but never came close to one.

Last edited by BobbySteel; Jul 26, 2019 at 10:53 am
Old Jul 25, 2019, 12:09 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by BobbySteel
$100 food and bev credit per day for breakfast including room service (which is about the exact cost of a two person breakfast).
That doesn't sound right. Breakfast is always included in FHR rate. Do you mean the breakfast credit is $100 per day?

For the dates I looked at, Dominick was also offering $100 spa credit per stay as the "extra amenity" (which is about the weakest possible amenity . . . most properties offer a F&B credit or a property credit).

Last edited by Kacee; Jul 25, 2019 at 9:40 pm
Old Jul 26, 2019, 10:52 am

Originally Posted by Kacee
That doesn't sound right. Breakfast is always included in FHR rate. Do you mean the breakfast credit is $100 per day?

For the dates I looked at, Dominick was also offering $100 spa credit per stay as the "extra amenity" (which is about the weakest possible amenity . . . most properties offer a F&B credit or a property credit).
definitely wasn't spa. They said it was $93 a day for restaurant for breakfast then I think it was $150 extra per room for food and bev (normally just 100). With breakfast for 3 + child it netted out to be about zero due for breakfast for 3 nights as a breakfast was about 140 a day in total.
Kacee likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:48 pm

Programs: Nomad
Fairmont La Chateau Frontenac

Upgrade - Booked Fairmont room - upgraded two levels to Fairmont river view, and also on the Gold floor for access to the lounge
Early check in - checked in at 12:30, received keys at 2pm
Late check out - honored
Breakfast - amazing buffet in Place Dufferin. Also had access to the Fairmont Gold lounge breakfast, which is a huge step down. However, the first morning there was confusion on whether we had access to free breakfast in the main restaurant, or only in the gold lounge (even though this was explicitly mentioned during check-in). Needed to clarify with front desk again and have a note added to the reservation for this to be honored for the following mornings.
Wifi - Free wifi was good in the room
Amenity - $100 credit was converted to $124CAD (closer to ~$94 USD), and applied to F&B without asking

Overall, lovely stay in a very comfortable room. Can't beat the location in Old Quebec City either!
Old Aug 4, 2019, 10:04 pm

Programs: Virgin Atlantic Silver, IHG Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Diamond, AA Platinum Pro
David InterContinental Tel Aviv

Upgrade - Booked Classic (standard) Room - received two-category upgrade to newly-renovated Executive Room on floor 18 (out of 25). No executive lounge access.

Early check in - Did not need

Late check out - Honored, checked out at 4PM on the dot

Breakfast - Excellent full breakfast buffet granted

Wifi - Free wifi, but did not need

Amenity - $100 food/beverage credit on anything except minibar and cigar lounge charges. Fully utilized totaling $99 via lobby bar and pool bar on: 2 main courses with side dishes at lobby bar with two cocktails (they had 1+1 on cocktails, making the cost very reasonable), and a 0.5L beer and can of Coke, with 2 snack platters at pool bar. As such, no regrets about not having the lounge as it would have been absolutely unnecessary and overkill.

Very pleased as the rate paid was identical to the lowest rate on IHG.com without breakfast!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:42 pm

Programs: Aeroplan E50K, Marriott Titanium/Lifetime Platinum, Accor Diamond
Fairmont Tremblant

Upgrade - Booked deluxe room - after some gentle/ungentle prodding was upgraded to 1 bedroom suite queen bed
Early check in - checked in at 2pm
Late check out - honored
Breakfast - $91 credit for 2 that could be used for either the buffet or a la carte menu. Tried to order from the a la carte but was denied. Further explanation in my review in the Accor thread
Wifi - Free
Amenity - $100USD credit was converted to $121CAD vs the spot rate of $135CAD so a 10% unfavourable FX rate. Automatically credited on bill before check-out

Overall a very disappointing stay and probably the worst stay that I have had at any Fairmont which I will admit I'm a bit of a fanboy of. Full review in the Accor thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.