Late Checkout:

Upgrade:
$100 Food & Beverage Credit:
Breakfast:
Prepaid/Paid at Hotel:
Loyalty Points/Benefits Received?:
Comment
:

FHR reports 2013-2016 (excluding Las Vegas) are HERE.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...06-2012-a.html

FHR properties in Las Vegas are discussed HERE

FHR is the American Express Fine Hotels and Resorts benefit program available with Centurion and Platinum charge cards.

Receive these complimentary benefits with each FINE HOTELS & RESORTS booking:
  • Noon check-In, when available
  • Room Upgrade upon arrival, when available*
  • Daily breakfast for two people
  • Guaranteed 4pm late checkout. Additional special benefit unique to each property, such as a $100 food and beverage credit or a massage for two people**

USA cardholder may book online at: americanexpress.com/fhr or call Platinum Travel Service at 1-800-525-3355. Cardholders from other countries can use the same website to see participating properties, but cannot view prices or book. In some countries FHR properties can be booked through the general American Express Travel site.

Per the T's and C's of FHR, you must pay with an American Express card when checking out of the hotel. However many front desk agents don't notice or care so it is possible, but not a guarantee, that you can pay with a non-Amex card.

Print Wikipost

FHR Upgrades and Amenities [except Las Vegas]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2019, 9:13 am

LOEWS Portofino Bay Orlando

Loews Portofino Bay at Universal OrlandoStay: February 10-16
Early Check in: did not use. upon check in Amex "VIP" manager came out from back and introduced himself. Very nice.
Late Checkout: automatically offered-did not use (4pm)
Upgrade: Booked Bay View room. No upgrades available--hotel full--initially gave us an AWFUL room--could not see out window. Contacted their VIP Amex rep and room was changed next day to a beautiful view w/balcony
$100 Food & Beverage Credit: Used for overage on breakfasts
Breakfast: $34 person per day (for two people) credit to cover buffet breakfast at Trattoria del Porto. We were advised that the $68 would be deducted off our bill each day whether or not we chose buffet or a la carte. We were traveling with two teenagers. Husband ordered buffet each day and the three of us ordered a la carte. The $68 covered most of the breakfast for the week. The $100 F&B credit covered most of the overages too.

The FHR benefits really worked out wonderfully for this trip. The $68 x six days, plus the $100= gave us $508 off the bill. Very happy!
tigertanaka likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 12:00 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Royal Hawaiian - Honolulu, HI

Upgrade: Garden Room to 4th Floor of Mailani Tower, which provided club lounge access.
Early check-in: N/A - Arrived on a late flight.
Breakfast: Buffet breakfast at Surf Lanai, with one a la carte menu item per person
Amenity: $100 property credit, used towards beach chair rentals. You can reserve chairs in advance using a credit card online, then reverse the charges onto your room during your stay.
Late check-out: Provided without any issue. Left for the airport around 3pm.

Resort fee was NOT waived as part of this rate.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 11:18 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Cordis Auckland (2 nights - Feb 2019)

Upgrade - 1 category but was essentially a 'high floor' upgrade
Early check in - arrived at 9:30 and was told would be put at a priority; eventually got a text at 11:30 that room was ready so yes?
Late check out - honored at check in
Breakfast - full buffet breakfast at Eight Kitchens on Lobby floor
Wifi - Provided
Amenity - $100 property credit - generously (honestly) converted to NZ$145 and the amount was quoted at check in. Ordered room service twice and at check out agent even invited me to use the leftover amount!

More pleasant than Langham Melbourne where I stayed last month - the Cordis AKL was also an original Sheraton but the renovations definitely helped take away some of the datedness of the property

The service was great everywhere I went with everyone except with the FD agent when I first arrived who was rude (ie she said 'that is MINE' when I took the CC authorization receipt etc) - don't want to be racist but could be a cultural reason for this incident but rest of the team were very nice

Stacked the stay with my 1865 Voyager status which pretty much didn't gain me anything except a welcome amenity of a large bowl of nuts, chocolates and macarons and fruit

The room was quoted to be 28sqm but felt bigger; the bedroom itself feels very new (with USB outlets by the bedside and fancy controls etc) but the bathroom feels less so

Room service dinner was very good both occasions - ordered a variety of items from oysters to steak, caesar salad and cheesecake...all plated fancily with generous portions and excellent service. The NZ$145 credit value is enough for a huge dinner for two one night, or in my case dinner for oneself for 2 nights

Facilities were okay - the gym only had free weights but whatever - the pool/spa facility was spacious although not the pool itself

Location - Not that bad despite not being at the waterfront. I actually walked to most places such as the waterfront, Auckland Domain and Mount Eden. Skybus to and from the airport was also very convenient and efficient.
Old Mar 8, 2019, 11:27 am

Programs: Avis President's Club, Global Entry, Hilton/Marriott Gold. No more DL/AA status.
Loews Hotel 1000, Seattle, WA

At check-in, I was recognized as FHR. The welcome letter was not available (with apology). But this was my experience:

Early Check-in: Not specified or utilized, arrived after 5:00 PM
Late Check-out: Not specified or utilized, departed at 10:30 AM
Upgrade: Big time. I booked a "Superior two queen with roll-in shower". I was told by PTS (before booking) that was eligible for an upgrade to a Deluxe King room, which I would have been happy with. But upon arrival we had been placed in a Deluxe King Junior Suite, with a partial water view. It was fantastic.
Breakfast: $70 per day credit, includes room service or the restaurant.
Amenity: $100 property credit. Included my overages on room service as well as dinner in the restaurant.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. I paid FHR the same rate as on the Loews website but earned $240 in two nights worth of breakfast and property credit, as well as a $200/night upgrade.
akr1970akr likes this.
Old Mar 10, 2019, 9:32 am

Has anyone been able to find 3rd/4th free night offers on the website? I've been searching multiple dates for Four Seasons Orlando and Four Seasons Marunouchi, but unable to find any that have the 4th night free benefit. Both hotels are listed as having the benefit on the FHR offers page. I spot checked some other random hotels that have listed free night offers, but didn't find any dates either.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 12:12 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles
Originally Posted by kevneerg
Has anyone been able to find 3rd/4th free night offers on the website? I've been searching multiple dates for Four Seasons Orlando and Four Seasons Marunouchi, but unable to find any that have the 4th night free benefit. Both hotels are listed as having the benefit on the FHR offers page. I spot checked some other random hotels that have listed free night offers, but didn't find any dates either.
I haven't been able to get this to work as well, I am wondering if you have to call in to get the rates. I have found this not only with the Orlando property, but with properties in Toronto as well. I have yet to use the FHR benefits, but am considering doing so for two Summer trips we have planned.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 1:50 pm

Anyone have any experience with Fairmont Empress in Victoria, BC?
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Yes - I've gotten recently for the MO Singapore, and have seen for a few others (though all I saw were for international trips). Never seen domestically though I rarely consider/look at FHR domestically. Seems to often be available during offseason periods, though when these are aren't usually shared much in advance.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 8:27 pm

Programs: AS 100K, HH Diamond, SPG/Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by jbone9877
Anyone have any experience with Fairmont Empress in Victoria, BC?
Long time ago so I'm hesitant, but great hotel.
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:03 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
FS Orlando is doing a 4th night free May 1, 2019 - Sep 30, 2019 (blackouts apply). It might blend with FHR, but limited your search in there or turn to an FS Preferred Partner for that offer.
FS Marunouchi Tokyo is now until Aug 31, 2019 only. Blackouts apply again
Old Mar 11, 2019, 9:04 pm

Programs: DL PM
Sugar Beach Viceroy in St. Lucia

Booked Luxury Sugar Mill Room and was upgraded to a Superior Sugar Mill Room (one category upgrade). Did not utilize early check-in or late check-out. Received free breakfast (easily $100 per day).
Old Mar 18, 2019, 6:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Mandarin Oriental New York

Early Check-in / Late Check-Out: NA. 4 pm checkout was offered.
Upgrade: Long story short, I was upgraded from Hudson River view to Park view for last night of a 3 night stay. They will not upgrade from rooms to suites. From what I could tell, this policy is very strictly enforced.
Breakfast: Credit equivalent to Continental, which is approx. $40.50 per person per day. I booked for two, and was given an $81.xx daily credit. May be used in restaurant or for room service. It would be easy for two people to go over the allowance.
Amenity: $100 property credit. I used for room service.

I was on a pay for 2, get 3 rate, which was overall an excellent deal. Felt very well treated. Staff here are outstanding, they really care about your experience. The location is fantastic (and this coming from someone who prefers staying downtown). The hard product has some limitations. The rooms are on the small side for a high-end NYC hotel. The Hudson River view rooms in particular can be problematic for several reasons, including inefficient use of space (huge bathroom, tight everywhere else), not enough separation from the hallway, and at one end, proximity to the service doors, which are in constant use by housekeeping and other staff. If you are sensitive to hallway noise (doors slamming) you will likely be unhappy in one of these rooms. If I were to stay again, I would pay for the Park view to avoid these issues. As far as the view itself, the river view is arguably the more interesting, as the view of the Park is partially blocked by the Trump building (a monstrosity which never should have been allowed to be built right on the edge of the Park).
TravelLawyer and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Mar 18, 2019, 9:37 am

Programs: IC Plat RA
Mandarin Oriental Singapore

Upgrade - N/A - Booked Marina Bay View - Received Same
Early check in - N/A - The room was not available until 3 pm.
Late check out - 4PM (requested at check in)
Breakfast - Buffet Breakfast at Melt Cafe
Wifi - Good
Amenity - $100 F&B Credit - Only valid for lunch or dinner (drinks not included) at Melt Cafe
icelandman2 likes this.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 9:51 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Taj Campton Place, San Francisco

Upgrade - Upgraded to a corner King room overlooking the Apple Store
Early check in - Not Needed
Late check out - Not Offered, but not needed
Breakfast - $40 credit in the restaurant
Wifi - Asked all sorts of info, so I backed out and used my phone instead
Amenity - $100 F&B Credit - used at bar on first night - bought my boss dinner!

Stayed for 3 nights at the end of March for work.

I originally booked a pre-paid booking, and re-booked 12 hours ahead of the cutoff to get a lower rate! Original funds were refunded during my stay. The hotel did put a $1100 authorization, in addition to the $300 they told me about on my card. This did not get charged.

The hotel is just off Union Square, and there are a few homeless people around here.

The breakfast credit barely covers a continental breakfast for 2. I was alone, and used $30 for coffee, fruit and cereal. They do add a service charge, which I didn't notice until the 3rd day. Despite over-tipping, the service at breakfast wasn't great.

The main bartender on my first night was good though.

The corner room had a strange bath/shower combo. The bath was raised, so there was a step to get in. If my wife had been with me, we would not have stayed in this room. I don't know how no-one's been seriously injured getting out of that thing. Bed was a bit firm, but the room was surprisingly quiet for the location. I did not use the Nespresso machine - reports say they charge for the pods! Free coffee is available in the lobby in the mornings, and robes are provided.....

For half the price the Four Seasons was asking, this is a good option. Clearly at the bottom of the luxury range, but it's a 7 minute walk to my companies office. (The Palace and FS are closer though!)
Old Apr 3, 2019, 9:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The breakfast credit barely covers a continental breakfast for 2. I was alone, and used $30 for coffee, fruit and cereal. They do add a service charge, which I didn't notice until the 3rd day.
That does not seem compliant to me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.