Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Centurion Lounge front desk staff vs hotel

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:35 am

Two things:
  1. Amex probably pays more to hire people with more hospitality experience (hiring from the 4+/5 star pool)
  2. Most people in the lounges are familiar enough with issues that arise during travel that they won't get upset. If they do, there's generally not much the agents get blamed for, as opposed to, say, SkyClub agents in front of a big DL sign when your DL flight is delayed. Lower complaints=lower stress=happier employees.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

some of the best in hospitality specifically hire those who do NOT have hospitality experience

ntr91, youre forgetting complaints regarding who is allowed (free) access to lounges

i agree amex does use these partly for marketing etc rather than more general required operations
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:28 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by ntr91
Amex probably pays more to hire people with more hospitality experience
Centurion Lounge operation is outsourced:

http://www.flik-usa.com/
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:42 pm

Programs: HHonors, TrueBlue, Delta SkyMiles, Hyatt Discoverist, Starwood Preferred Guest, American Airlines.
Originally Posted by ntr91
Two things:
  1. Amex probably pays more to hire people with more hospitality experience (hiring from the 4+/5 star pool)
They outsource it.

However, if I'm a VP of AMEX and ultimately in charge of these lounges, I'm having my directors and managers micromanage employees.... Strictly.

You want to argue with the cardholder? You're fired. If a customer is threatening you, matters will be taken care of after the fact (there's an electronic record of the customers' information).

Poor body language (including smiling and tone of voice)/posture? You're fired. Nobody wants to enter a lounge to a mean toned individual who's slouching over and isn't willing to help or make someone feel welcome.

That's probably why the lounge service is good...
Old Jul 17, 2017, 6:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

amex hired and care fire that company, and who knows what contract is like

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.