Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[OFFER DEAD, MR accounts frozen, some bonuses clawed back] 100k Amex Plat (USA)

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2016, 9:31 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by jsk1973
By that logic, neither do the cardholders.
Nonetheless the points were promised to the cardholders.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:32 pm
Suspended

Yes, in 6 to 8 weeks — and subject to changes of the T&Cs at Amex's sole discretion.

Please stop taking us in circles.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:37 pm
Suspended

Yes, in 6 to 8 weeks — and subject to changes of the T&Cs at Amex's sole discretion.

Please stop taking us in circles.
You're the one taking us in circles. The 6 to 8 weeks refers to the original deposit of the points. There is nothing about freezing points for legitimate spend.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:40 pm
Suspended

For people trying to use the 100,000 bonus points, there's no functional difference between Amex depositing points and then freezing them for a few days or even weeks or Amex not depositing the points at all for 6 to 8 weeks. Indeed, the former might very well end up better for people, if Amex lifts the freeze sometime soon and people are able to use them far earlier than the listed 6 to 8 weeks.

People who have an existing MR balance that has been frozen might have a case, but this doesn't seem to be the case for the person commenting above.

Given that the 100,000-point offer was only public on May 9 — only 14 business days ago — it's a little early for anyone to be making a federal case out of this.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:42 pm
Suspended

For people trying to use the 100,000 bonus points, there's no functional difference between Amex depositing points and then freezing them for a few days or even weeks or Amex not depositing the points at all for 6 to 8 weeks.

People who have an existing balance might have a case, but that doesn't seem to be the case for the person commenting above.
There is a difference. If AMEX decides to deposit points, those are earned (there is no argument here). There is nothing in the T&C about AMEX freezing points after depositing them to conduct an audit.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:45 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by TMM1982
There is a difference. If AMEX decides to deposit points, those are earned (there is no argument here). There is nothing in the T&C about AMEX freezing points after depositing them to conduct an audit.
Please. The T&Cs grant Amex the power to nuke the whole program at any time.
Old May 28, 2016, 9:47 pm
Suspended

Please. The T&Cs grant Amex the power to nuke the whole program at any time.
LOL yup and with it their entire credit card division.
Old May 29, 2016, 2:45 am

Originally Posted by liushu
Actually, the transfer is still "pending" after 24 hours. So I guess it will finally be cancelled?
Updated: Finally the points was successfully transferred.
Old May 29, 2016, 12:35 pm

You're the one taking us in circles. The 6 to 8 weeks refers to the original deposit of the points. There is nothing about freezing points for legitimate spend.
Exactly. AMEX is freezing entire MR accounts and all points, even those earned with other charge cards.
Old May 30, 2016, 9:14 pm

My MR account is frozen as well, after I attempted to transfer some points to Kris. I have paid off my entire balance, which included spend on 9 purchases from 7 different sources. Now I wait to see how long it will take to unlock.

Dealt with the fraud department as well as someone at MR who struggled and stuttered her way through the reasoning. I felt like I was talking to a new agent from a horrible customer service department for a company like Sears.
Old May 31, 2016, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by brodielayne
My MR account is frozen as well, after I attempted to transfer some points to Kris. I have paid off my entire balance, which included spend on 9 purchases from 7 different sources. Now I wait to see how long it will take to unlock.

Dealt with the fraud department as well as someone at MR who struggled and stuttered her way through the reasoning. I felt like I was talking to a new agent from a horrible customer service department for a company like Sears.
Did you try the automated line?

Mods: should we make a new "MR points frozen thread"? Recent posts seem to be hijacking the original 100K AMEX Platinum post.
Old May 31, 2016, 1:25 pm
Suspended

No real need to split the thread. The 100k offer is deader than a door nail, and the only people affected by the MR freeze are people who applied for the 100k.
Old May 31, 2016, 2:11 pm

Originally Posted by brodielayne

Curious if any of your sources were the $200 credit. Did you happen to buy gift cards through the United app?
Old May 31, 2016, 2:40 pm

FYI just because you account was unfrozen doesn't mean you are out of the woods. I was frozen and then unfrozen a couple of days later. Transferred a small amount over the weekend no problem. Today also doing a relatively small transfer results in what appears to be a successful transfer but one that is immediately cancelled and credited back to your MR account.

Edit to add: I hold multiple Amex cards some for years. Already paid fee on platinum and paid several other annual fees on other Amex cards in last few months, most MRs in the account are unrelated to recent 100k Platinum application.
Old May 31, 2016, 4:47 pm

If.
If what? Wasn't the offer intended for the sole person(s)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.