FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Airline fee $250/$200/$100 reimbursement reports: DL only (2015-2019) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1739932-airline-fee-250-200-100-reimbursement-reports-dl-only-2015-2019-a.html)

Waaj Dec 31, 2019 9:58 am

For the Gold card Airline credit

I just bought a TKT yesterday for $247 used two GC for $100 and I forgot to use the third one. I am waiting until it post so I can refund it. Will it trigger the credit? Or should I modify the payment? Also if post tomorrow on 2020 will my credit go towards 2020 or 2019?

lourod87 Dec 31, 2019 10:25 am

The credit goes by transaction date, not the day it posts. Per AMEX customer service.

LouNanne Dec 31, 2019 10:27 am

• 12/27 (9pm) purchased 2 tickets using gift cards with ~$208 remaining for “additional collection” on 2nd ticket
  • 12/29 transaction posts as additional collection
  • 12/31 meter moved and now shows that I have “used $200 benefit for the year, will reset in January”

Credit has not posted but I assume will at some point today. $100 was from gold card purchased before June that I forgot about.

*edit* the $200 credit posted today with an as of date of 12/31.

lourod87 Dec 31, 2019 12:50 pm

Is there anywhere I can purchase a gift card from someone ? Not many on eBay and the gift card sites I know about.

Physical cards take 24 hrs to activate and e-gift cards take 72 hrs.

mia Dec 31, 2019 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by lourod87 (Post 31893711)
Is there anywhere I can purchase a gift card ....

Scroll back to 2322 and read forward.

lourod87 Dec 31, 2019 1:41 pm

I just booked another one way with Delta comfort+. It was $328 - $100 gift card. $228 total. Hopefully it works.

ahill3207 Dec 31, 2019 4:30 pm

I’m trying to finish off the triple dip on my Amex plat right after the new year and cancel the card, and I had a quick question. Has anybody tried booking a refundable flight (with gift card + <$250 method), cancelling after the credit posts and requesting the reimbursement as a delta gift card? I don’t have any delta flights to book for myself right now and I’m just thinking of ways to minimize risk of credit clawback as I will still have quite a few Amex cards after canceling my plat.

I saw earlier in the thread that cancelling within the 24 hour window requires a refund to the original form of payment, but I'm talking about a true refundable ticket outside 24 hours.

GUWonder Dec 31, 2019 7:31 pm

24 drinks on DL on me. That's how useless the DL airline credit was to me this year. At least some people will be boarding DL planes earlier than they would otherwise be and have some DL baggage tags. Welcome to Delta Select, not exactly my first choice for how to try to use this credit.

The Uber credit was no more useful for me, but maybe I should have used it for UberEats.

Rohan Khanduja Dec 31, 2019 9:21 pm

I made a purchase for a Delta return flight ticket

December 29th - I applied a $50 Delta gift card to a return flight ticket and paid the balance of $106.60 with my AMEX Platinum card
December 30th - The $106.60 charge is still in Pending Status on my AMEX CC online account as "DELTA AIR LINES"
December 31st - The $106.60 charge is now posted on my AMEX CC online account as "DELTA AIR LINES DELTA.COM" but clicking on the this specific charge i see it written as "Additional Collection" with the ticket number and name written against it

1. Can someone help me understand when can I expect the airline credit meter to move because its already Dec 31st?

2. Since tomorrow onward I wont see the meter for year 2019, could you please share the timeline (date) when the credit for an amount apply back on your card account as AMEX AIRLINE FEES REIMBURSEMENT ?

MSPeconomist Dec 31, 2019 9:31 pm

In a couple days, I will have received 3,000 RDMs for less than $7. It's better than nothing.

troyhouse Dec 31, 2019 9:34 pm

Thank you everyone. So got the tickets on 28th, transaction posted on 30th and the meter moved with following message today.

"You have used all of your $xxx Airline Fee Credit for this year.

It will renew again starting Jan 2020"

Now the question is, how to cancel the ticket in such a way that it does not get clawed back. Any ideas or tips?

Zorak Dec 31, 2019 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by Rohan Khanduja (Post 31894916)
1. Can someone help me understand when can I expect the airline credit meter to move because its already Dec 31st?

2. Since tomorrow onward I wont see the meter for year 2019, could you please share the timeline (date) when the credit for an amount apply back on your card account as AMEX AIRLINE FEES REIMBURSEMENT ?

Welcome to FT! A significant fraction of the activity in this thread in the last 6 months is people posting their data points on what you're asking, so you kinda just have to scroll through the thread to get an idea. Usually it's within a few days, but I don't think it's unheard of to wait even a week.

mia Jan 6, 2020 1:11 pm

Moderator action

Discussion continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/amer...s-dl-only.html

I did not copy the Wikipost to the new thread because it primarily references obsolete strategies. Contact me by PM if you would like me to copy it as a basis for a new Wikipost (although anyone who can edit the Wikipost can also copy it.)