Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Amex Platinum Benefit: Hilton Gold

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2015, 5:20 pm

Programs: A bunch of pretty little colored plastic cards.
Was lucky enough to get on this when they were "testing" last year but happy to have it as a permanent benefit. Received a mailing yesterday confirming.
Old Nov 9, 2015, 12:41 pm

Got a mailer to call AMEX to add this benefit to Corp Platinum card. Have to call, can't add online.
Old Feb 10, 2016, 2:17 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Amex Platinum
Just received the mail for my UK platinum charge card.

Also Shangri-La Jade and Melia Gold.

But Accor to be discontinued (Still time to join though to get a years benefit)
Old Feb 11, 2016, 5:40 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by zeitgeist
Just received the mail for my UK platinum charge card.
Further discussion here:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...elia-gold.html
Old Feb 12, 2016, 1:31 pm

Programs: AC*SE MM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat Amb
Canadian Amex Plat gets Hilton Gold

I just noticed on the Canadian Amex Plat site that Hilton Gold is "coming soon." There is a sign-up link now though. Le Club Accor Platinum is still listed as a benefit too.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 10:41 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, National EE, AS MVP Gold 75K, AC 75K
Canadian Platinum Amex now offer HHonor Gold

Logged into my platinum page over the weekend and saw the Canadian Platinum Amex now has the ability to get Gold status with Hilton Honor. Tested it out on the supplementary card and got the upgrade within 1 business day.

Hilton HHonorsTM Complimentary Gold Status
As a Platinum Cardmember, you are invited to enroll in complimentary Gold Status and enjoy great benefits.

With a hotel for every style, budget, and occasion, Hilton HHonors™ lets you transform points into memories you can’t help but share — at more than 4,440 hotels and resorts, including Hilton Hotels & Resorts™, Waldorf Astoria™ Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels and Resorts™, Canopy by Hilton™, Curio – A Collection by Hilton™, DoubleTree by Hilton™, Embassy Suites by Hilton™, Hilton Garden Inn™, Hampton by Hilton™, Homewood Suites by Hilton™, Home2 Suites by Hilton™ and Hilton Grand Vacations™.

Your Privileges Include:

Complimentary standard in-room and lobby WiFi at participating properties when you book direct at Hilton.com or call Platinum Card Service from Amex Canada Inc.*
Room upgrades to preferred rooms at select properties, subject to availability**
Late check-out, upon request***
Access to fitness centers and health clubs****
Two complimentary bottles of water per stay (available at select properties)*****
25% Bonus Points on all the Hilton HHonors™ Base Points you earn

For a full list of Hilton HHonors Gold status benefits visit HHonors.com/MemberBenefits

To Enroll, Click Here or call Platinum Card Service at 1-800-263-1616
Old Feb 24, 2016, 12:03 am

Good to see it now, I already have HH Gold from status matching

Platinum card URL at
https://www298.americanexpress.com/b...cm:589-1240954
Old Feb 24, 2016, 10:31 am

Programs: DL GM,Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium, NEXUS
Already have HH Diamond Status from the Hilton Amex. Has anyone tried putting a friends HH number in to gift them the status from the Plat. Amex? Did it work?
Old Feb 24, 2016, 6:23 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Just got the email from Amex Canada about this benefit.
Old Feb 24, 2016, 9:10 pm
SPG Contributor Badge

Programs: UA*1K, Marriott Titanium (LTP), Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Just got the email from Amex Canada about this benefit.
Same; great alternative if anything bad happens to SPG
Old Feb 26, 2016, 8:15 am

Programs: AC SE (*A Gold), Bonvoy Platinum Elite, Hilton Gold, Amex Platinum / AP Reserve, NEXUS, Global Entry
Originally Posted by Absolute
Same; great alternative if anything bad happens to SPG
Exactly ^

Having decent status at such a variety of hotel chains is definitely one of the perks that's keeping the Plat card in my wallet. But the decision to dish out the annual fee isn't quite as automatic as it used to be...
Old Feb 26, 2016, 9:28 am

Cancelling Platinum - HHonors Gold

I have Biz/OPEN Platinum and that's connected to my HHonors for Gold.. no issues there.

I signed up for Pers Plat last year for large bonus - no need for it ongoing , so cancelled. I signed my wife's HHonors account up for Gold under the Pers Plat.

I cancelled the Pers Plat last week with no retention, and interestingly this week I got an email from Amex letting me know HHonors Gold benefit was ending - and we would hear from Hilton for more.

Any experience on this?
Old May 2, 2016, 5:00 pm

Apologies if this was covered but I could not find the answer - can I get gold benefits if I make the booking via the Amex Travel portal?
Old May 2, 2016, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by bizum
Apologies if this was covered but I could not find the answer - can I get gold benefits if I make the booking via the Amex Travel portal?
You should, but obviously YMMV, although AMEX Travel isn't unlike Expedia type of OTA

just email/call hotel to add your HH # to the reservation
Old May 2, 2016, 10:41 pm

I hope so. The last time I was at a Hilton with a "bulk TA rate" (not AMEX Travel, though), I got the on-property benefits (breakfast, wifi) but no points (and no stay credit, so far as I remember).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.