Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > American Express | Membership Rewards
Reload this Page >

American Express Everyday PREFERRED 30-50,000 point offers.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 1, 2015, 9:29 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: mia
There is also an offer for the Everyday (Free) card discussed in THIS thread.

Please use this thread to discuss the OFFER. To learn about Everyday cards, please see the established thread:

American Express Everyday Cards
Print Wikipost

American Express Everyday PREFERRED 30-50,000 point offers.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2017, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
On my first attempt, I was offered what seems to be the highest bonus options for each card, however for the EveryDay Preferred, as stuckbtwstations noted, the fee is not waived for the first year. 30K bonus points is still a good deal even with the fee.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 7:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by plainheart
I applied the preferred card yesterday and got declined surprisingly. The last AMEX applications were on Dec. 2016 and Mar. 2016. The online application status checker https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do has no record of the declined application as of now. My wife's application minutes later was successful.
Any thought or similar situation for others on the decline?
My thoughts are:

If you were really declined, you should get a letter stating the reason(s), but that takes well more than a day.

Meanwhile, if the online application status checker continues to have no record of it, and you don't get a declination letter in a reasonable about of time, you way to call up Amex and ask an agent whether they see any record of the application.

If you do get the letter, please come back and tell us what it says.
Old Feb 23, 2017, 8:21 pm

Originally Posted by plainheart
I applied the preferred card yesterday and got declined surprisingly. The last AMEX applications were on Dec. 2016 and Mar. 2016. The online application status checker https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do has no record of the declined application as of now. My wife's application minutes later was successful.
Any thought or similar situation for others on the decline?
I received the letter from AMEX on the rejection. The letter reads "The reason for our decision is that you have reached the maximum number and type of cards that we will approve within the period of a few months".
My thoughts: I indeed applied and got approved for more than 2 AMEX cards and passed a certain threshold. However, the cards closed are no longer listed in the online application status checker, which misguided my calculation.
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:30 pm

Sorry for asking this stupid question, I have PRG already, can I apply other AMEX card and still earn the bonus points?
Old Feb 24, 2017, 1:37 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by cyster2007
...can I apply other AMEX card and still earn the bonus points?
Yes
Old Apr 15, 2017, 7:05 pm

Programs: NW 1MM, BD Gold, BA Gold, AA 1MM, LM, VX eleVAte, Hyatt D6, SPG Plat, Hertz President's
Question Still Valid?

Is there a 30,000 - 50,000 offer still out there via Incognito or Safari/Firefox Private Browsing?
Old Jul 17, 2017, 11:16 pm

Programs: AS, AA, UA, Hilton, Marriott, Caesars DE
Was able to find a link for 30k bonus sign up after 2k spend in first 3 months, by searching "Amex everyday preferred 30k" in Google on incognito. Doesn't beat my 35k bonus offer I had last year, but still worth it.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 2:12 pm

applied for EDP on 7/12 w/ 30k bonus and was approved. received the card yesterday.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by ahcjar103
applied for EDP on 7/12 w/ 30k bonus and was approved. received the card yesterday.
I applied and instantly approved on July 14th and just today received an email today about the receipt of it 7-10 days.

I called and asked for a 2nd authorized user card to be expedited and customer service said it would be in my hands in 48 hours.
Old Jul 18, 2017, 10:33 pm

Did either of you already have AMEX cards before? Wondering if they "downgrade" the offer at all if you already have cards with them.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:26 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
Originally Posted by safari ari
Did either of you already have AMEX cards before? Wondering if they "downgrade" the offer at all if you already have cards with them.
Yes, I have 2 Amex Hilton cards.. at first only the 15k bonus was showing until I went incognito then I got the 30k
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by duranza
Yes, I have 2 Amex Hilton cards.. at first only the 15k bonus was showing until I went incognito then I got the 30k
Great thanks, will definitely get on this now.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did you notice that a lot of people mention getting these offers only when using private/incognito mode in their browser?

That's exactly because if Amex figures out (from your browser cookies) that you're an Amex customer, they "downgrade" the offer they show you.

But if you find the better offer, they don't "downgrade" you afterwards. Ie, they "downgrade" what they show you if they realize you're an Amex customer, but they honor the terms of whichever offer you actually signed up for. (Otherwise, without language explaining that the offer was not available to existing Amex customers, they'd be hit with lawsuits if they did what you suggested the way you suggested.)

Private/incognito mode (the same thing, just differently called in different browsers) is a "pretend all cookies were wiped" mode, and thus that's why in private/incognito mode you have a better chance of seeing the better offers.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 5:57 pm

yep, i have a platinum, spg personal, spg business, and hilton. i applied for the EDP with an authorized user on 7/12; both cards came on the 17th.

i usually use incognito mode all the time. to get the 30k offer to show i actually opened up a non-private browser session in safari. it was still 15k in chrome incognito.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: UA Miles+, AAdvantage, Skymiles
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by thinkorswim
The 25k offer is still alive and well. Randomly checked today and got it to pop up in incognito on Chrome. No VPN. Applied and approved!
I pasted the link above into Chrome incognito(I use a Mac) and on my first try was offered the following: "Special Offer For You
Earn 30,000 Membership RewardsŪ Points
after you spend $2,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 3 months."

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.