FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014; New location open 21 June 2021] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1537314-centurion-lounge-lga-opened-12-august-2014-new-location-open-21-june-2021-a.html)

ENFO Aug 16, 2014 11:31 am

I could see it work though, if you had a flight that day and had guests in for a quick meeting before. Or family seeing you off. That is an advantage for the pre-security location.

Also, since my access is through holding Amex Plat rather than status, it will be cheaper by $37 than paying for an extra guest at Delta's lounge. (which really means I wouldn't use the Delta lounge anyway if I had a guest with me)

Personally I could not see myself being able to relax if I wasn't already after security and near my boarding gate.

venkol Aug 18, 2014 9:30 am

Was there last night and was impressed. Smaller than DFW lounge but I thought the food was much better quality.

rjburns Aug 18, 2014 1:57 pm

At the Centurion Club now. No gift bags today but good food and good service. I fly DL mostly now but on those days when I fly UA (rarely) and UA leaves me stranded (frequently) I'll gladly stop in.

DrMilano Aug 18, 2014 7:43 pm

Centurion Lounge had gift bags earlier this morning. French toast is to die for.

A suggestion for DL term C/D passengers is to walk back from B as the shuttle took 30min + and I missed my flight:( Only a 10 min walk to term C and use pre-check by the US/DL check-in area. There was a buz in the Term D DL SkyClub when I entered with the centurion gift bag from the Delta staff.

socalduck Aug 19, 2014 12:02 pm

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

I'm here now, first visit to the LGA club. Received the Platinum gift (O'Ccitane gift bag). I was looking forward to fried chicken, but had to settle for salmon. Fairly busy, but seating is available. Of the three US clubs, this seems to be the smallest. Lots of staff, very attentive. A great addition to LGA, for sure.

socalduck Aug 19, 2014 12:14 pm

Centurion Lounge LGA [Opened, 12 August 2014]

On complaint, though. I have always been able to order Balvenie at the LAS and DFW clubs, but was told it is available only for Cent cardholders at LGA. I had to settle for JW Black instead. Hope this is not a system-wide change.

seawolf Aug 19, 2014 10:13 pm

I like to see reports on how it handle over capacity due to IRROPS. Perhaps some extra MR points for denying entry? :)

dw Aug 20, 2014 7:48 am

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 23392479)
I like to see reports on how it handle over capacity due to IRROPS. Perhaps some extra MR points for denying entry? :)

Hopefully the fact that it is outside security will help with crowding during IIROPS... especially in those cases where the airline promises an "update" at the gate every 30 min or so.

seawolf Aug 20, 2014 9:37 am

Originally Posted by dw (Post 23394228)
Hopefully the fact that it is outside security will help with crowding during IIROPS... especially in those cases where the airline promises an "update" at the gate every 30 min or so.

Good point. In the case of rolling delays, it would be risky for Terminal C/D departure passengers to stick around. With PreCheck, Terminal B passengers might hang out in the lounge.

bsegreto Aug 20, 2014 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by blakepilot (Post 23352415)
Yikes...it's going to be SRO in there. DFW gets crowded enough in almost twice the size.

I'm in the lounge right now on a Wednesday night and it feels pretty empty. In the bar 4 out of ~20-25 seating areas taken (about 100 seats at the bar, windows and tables I bet). Pretty decent food, full open bar and most importantly for me, very good wifi.

Speedtest results are...odd...but possible I guess, consistent 11 down and 175+ up.:eek:

Platinum gift provided, but I got the impression it is short term, not sure when they will stop giving them away.

bsegreto Aug 20, 2014 5:27 pm

And I think the Plat gift is a little odd as well. The lounge is outside security, but the gift is laden with liquids. They are travel sized, but who has room in their baggie for extra liquids!

Still more than I probably deserve as a lowly Plat, and overall I appreciate AmEx upping their offerings in response to lounge losses!

socalduck Aug 21, 2014 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by seawolf (Post 23394811)

Good point. In the case of rolling delays, it would be risky for Terminal C/D departure passengers to stick around. With PreCheck, Terminal B passengers might hang out in the lounge.

C/D have PreCheck, I've never had to wait more than 5-10 mins to clear. If you are PC eligible, this should not be a concern.

neuron Aug 21, 2014 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by bsegreto (Post 23397418)
And I think the Plat gift is a little odd as well. The lounge is outside security, but the gift is laden with liquids. They are travel sized, but who has room in their baggie for extra liquids!

Still more than I probably deserve as a lowly Plat, and overall I appreciate AmEx upping their offerings in response to lounge losses!

No issues having the amenity kit separate from my toiletries via PreCheck. Also, it is not mandatory to take the gift. Its a nice gesture on their part and the way LGA is structured, having the lounge outside the gates is really the only way to go.

seawolf Aug 21, 2014 8:08 pm

Originally Posted by socalduck (Post 23403200)
C/D have PreCheck, I've never had to wait more than 5-10 mins to clear. If you are PC eligible, this should not be a concern.

I was referring to the walk to get to C/D in case of a rolling delay not that it doesn't have PreCheck. Let's say you walk to C only to find out the flight is delay again...do you walk back to B or just stay in C?

ma91pmh Aug 21, 2014 8:24 pm

So I was working in NYC this week and came in on the way in on Tuesday morning and again on the way home tonight. Make no bones about it this is GAME CHANGER for me for the central terminal, which is the only place in the world that has me agreeing with Joe Biden in labeling akin to a third world country. Was super nice to have a nice breakfast after landing, and then tonight on the way home have a very pleasant dinner (salmon with pilaf rice and courgettes with a very nice pinot grigio).

It will get busy for sure... Thursday evening is a good barometer and it was not overpacked tonight but after a few months people will know about it more so it will likely get quite packed. I think it will be rare that it gets too busy to turn people away though.

The pre-security thing is a non-issue other than maybe during the morning rush. I travel through this terminal a LOT and on a terrible day it takes me 10 minutes to get through security. Sure in IRROPS it won't be as good as being at say the Admirals Club but then again I'm usually a terminal C guy where there is no club at all and I just have to sit at the third world country gate until AA inevitably cancels the flight anyway lol.

For me, this lounge means I keep my plat card.

Oh and now I have two Occitane kits :)