FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Accor Le Club Platinum Benefit for Amex Plat in Canada (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1522053-accor-le-club-platinum-benefit-amex-plat-canada.html)

allbrosca Nov 15, 2013 8:23 pm

Accor Le Club Platinum Benefit for Amex Plat in Canada

Just got a new Classic Accor Club in the mail. Phoned Accor and customer service rep said platinum was only good for the first year and I didn't qualify since I didn't meet stay requirements. Does that sound right? I would have thought with a $699 annual fee the benefit would apply as long as I have the card. Anyone else have experience with this?

Of course I am staying at a Sofitel next week and have lost all the Plat benefits!

alc Nov 15, 2013 9:00 pm

from the AMEX web site, it state:

Terms & Conditions

Le Club Accorhotels: Enrollment in the Accor program is required. Platinum Card members receive complimentary enrollment in Platinum status within Le Club Accorhotels, Accor’s Hotel loyalty program. Benefits are subject to change. Terms and conditions of the Accor Hotel loyalty program apply. For complete terms and conditions of Accor’s loyalty program visit accorhotels.com/leclub. Complimentary enrollment in Platinum status is valid as long as you are a Platinum Card member in good standing.
So, I think you can contact AMEX and have them fix your status for you.

Cana2013 Nov 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Originally Posted by allbrosca (Post 21793474)
Just got a new Classic Accor Club in the mail. Phoned Accor and customer service rep said platinum was only good for the first year and I didn't qualify since I didn't meet stay requirements. Does that sound right? I would have thought with a $699 annual fee the benefit would apply as long as I have the card. Anyone else have experience with this?

Of course I am staying at a Sofitel next week and have lost all the Plat benefits!

Accor Club gave people free platinum status last year and early this year. I got one too, but didn't feel it offer much benefits so never used it.

allbrosca Nov 16, 2013 8:22 am

Originally Posted by alc (Post 21793578)
from the AMEX web site, it state:

So, I think you can contact AMEX and have them fix your status for you.

I will give it a shot and report back. Thanks

Yul_voyager Nov 18, 2013 1:21 pm

Mine was renewed without issue, without asking (I just got a new Accor Plat card by mail)

beep88 Nov 18, 2013 11:32 pm

I had to call AMEX to get mine renewed.

Astaroth Nov 19, 2013 8:54 am

With the UK, that has the same offer, it drops off at year end but you can reapply for Platinum again via Amex and it goes through without issues.

markandrew Nov 19, 2013 1:29 pm

Excellent perk, I have had my room upgraded on all three stays at Sofitel since I got this benefit, generously distributed free drinks and late check outs no issue. Club access now added as a benefit but many Sofitels in NA do not have.

allbrosca Nov 20, 2013 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by allbrosca (Post 21795191)
I will give it a shot and report back. Thanks

I called in and AMEX said they would look into it. They wanted me to call back to find resolution but I am in South America now so I did not, but checked my status on Accor website and it says platinum as of today. Checking into Sofitel Rio tonight. What's the odds of getting any Plat benefits?

TravelinSperry Nov 23, 2013 9:52 am

Does anyone know if this also applies for Amex Platinum US?

Clipper801 Aug 17, 2014 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by markandrew (Post 21814700)
Excellent perk, I have had my room upgraded on all three stays at Sofitel since I got this benefit, generously distributed free drinks and late check outs no issue. Club access now added as a benefit but many Sofitels in NA do not have.

I just had my first Novotel stay since obtaining my Accor Platinum status through Amex Plat.

I booked my room through the Amex Platinum Travel Service because they were able to find same room for the same dates at the same property for 10% cheaper before taxes than the Accor web site.

At check-in, I was told that bookings made through 3rd party are not eligible for point accrual and my Accor Platinum status will NOT be recongised for the stay. In order to be "recognised" as an Accor Platinum member and the (very limited) "perks" that come with it, I must book through Accor central reservation call centre or their web site.

Sigh. :td:

(But Starwood has the same rule too.)

Astaroth Aug 18, 2014 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Clipper801 (Post 23379895)
(But Starwood has the same rule too.)

Starwood stays booked by the UK AmEx Platinum Travel over the phone do qualify for both SPG points and perks. Not sure about bookings by internet

To the best of my knowledge it is the same as with any other travel agent. Where they are simply facilitating and you are paying the hotel directly then you get points/ perks. Where you pay the agent themselves, like with brochured holidays etc then no points or perks.

mia Aug 18, 2014 7:29 am

In the USA, stays booked through Platinum Travel Service (even if made online) are typically eligible for program status and rewards. Stays booked through American Express Travel are not. I believe this is because the chains see PTS as a travel agency, but AET (which is outsourced) as a consolidator. The pattern may be different in other countries.

stingray300 Aug 21, 2014 10:47 pm

I got mine renewed (plat card came in through the mail) though I've never had one single stay.

EDIT: sorry, just realized OP posted in 2013 and this is probably not relevant anymore

markandrew Aug 22, 2014 6:01 am

I have stayed at least at four Sofitels in the last year all booked on Hotwire and I have never been refused full benefits, they have usually indicated on check in that the stays were not eligible for points but at least once they ended up crediting the night rate.