FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   American Express | Membership Rewards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards-410/)
-   -   Free ShopRunner Membership for Amex [USA] Cardholders (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/american-express-membership-rewards/1468724-free-shoprunner-membership-amex-usa-cardholders.html)

MileHawk May 20, 2013 11:57 am

Free ShopRunner Membership for Amex [USA] Cardholders

Got this email from Amex yesterday that I thought might be interesting to some people here as it’s another nice little perk from Amex (I saw on Slickdeals that this works for Delta and JetBlue cards as well as a bunch of other Amex cards)

If you aren’t familiar with ShopRunner, the membership gets you free 2-day shipping from a bunch of stores (Toys R Us, Newegg, Sports Authority, American Eagle, Lord & Taylor etc.)

Just go here to sign up. And if you already have a membership, this will extend your current membership another year.
https://www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress

mtftw May 20, 2013 12:19 pm

Pretty cool - looks a lot like Google Shopping Express, but with more stores.

mr_rogers May 20, 2013 2:35 pm

Had an active shoprunner membership from an older promotion and got reupped for another year with this newest one.

pantanal May 20, 2013 7:09 pm

i got it,...only place i use it is drugstore.com

waingro May 20, 2013 8:48 pm

Nice, thanks OP. Need to extend for another year. Good for drugstore and newegg.

crimsonred May 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Dominos too, if they are around you.

grantsi May 22, 2013 11:49 am

Got it...thanks. Was considering paying for this ( for the same reasons Amazon Prime is great ).

RichardInSF May 22, 2013 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by crimsonred (Post 20788916)
Dominos too, if they are around you.

No thanks, I don't think I'd want to wait two days for a Domino's pizza!

SusanDK May 23, 2013 11:33 am

Thanks so much, OP! I already had a free one-year membership to ShopRunner that was valid until February 2014. Just tried this link and was extended to February 2015!

I've used Drugstore.com, Beauty.com and MacMall.com and would likely use some others in future.

I wish I could get my Amazon Prime extended for free as well!

crimsonred May 23, 2013 1:33 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF (Post 20796774)
No thanks, I don't think I'd want to wait two days for a Domino's pizza!

Haha, with ShopRunner, Dominos removes the $2 (or is it $2.50?) delivery charge when ordering online.

leng May 27, 2013 8:24 am

Thanks OP.. it extended my membership for free.. to be honest I only use it for free Domino's Pizza delivery.

traveler4ever May 29, 2013 8:15 am

Thank you MileHawk ! ~ I signed up successfully!

Ritz May 29, 2013 2:08 pm

Originally Posted by SusanDK (Post 20799395)

I wish I could get my Amazon Prime extended for free as well!

Don't we all! :)

lakers6902 Jun 9, 2013 12:44 pm

"Your membership will end on 3/24/2016."

lol thank your Amex for giving me years of free Shoprunner.

eyeballer Nov 4, 2013 7:35 pm

Going to bump up this thread, it seems you now get Shoprunner for as long you keep your AMEX as default in your account. I'd previously received 2-3 free years from various promos but this new one changes expiration to N/A.

Same link as the op posted just a new offer: https://www.shoprunner.com/americanexpress

Follow the steps and enroll/log in to update your account.

proudsoccermom1 Nov 6, 2013 12:40 pm

AMEX Cardholders: FREE Lifetime ShopRunner Membership ($79/yr. value) w/ FREE 2-Day S

American Express just announced a NEW cardholder benefit - FREE ShopRunner Membership!!

When you enroll with your Amex card, you get.free 2-day shipping on thousands of brands at 80+ online stores with.your complimentary ShopRunner membership. [terms apply]

Stores include Calvin Klein, Drugstore.com, American Eagle,.Tiger Direct and tons.more...see the full list of stores here.

Just in time for holiday shopping!!

shopliveluv Nov 7, 2013 6:33 pm

Thanks for sharing OP...just registered!

scentcrazy Nov 9, 2013 10:39 pm

Signed up for this a few months ago.

flyaxa Nov 13, 2013 7:00 am

Just received email this morning...nice little perk for the SPG. We signed up for a free month membership last year around the holidays...handy for iGourmet gifts.

FullMoonMadness Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm

Can you get the free shipping and still earn shopping mall/portal points at the same time?

mia Nov 14, 2013 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by FullMoonMadness (Post 21785067)
Can you get the free shipping and still earn shopping mall/portal points at the same time?

Yes (drugstore.com)

scentcrazy Nov 14, 2013 7:49 pm

Signed up for this a few months ago. Have used it already.

goodeats21 Dec 17, 2013 8:23 am

Just signed up for this...perfect for the last minute shopping rush, if anyone else needs it.

Nice perk

mb300sd Dec 17, 2013 12:42 pm

The dominos alone almost pays the annual fee for my delta gold card.

picards007 Jan 1, 2014 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by FullMoonMadness (Post 21785067)

Worked for me with Brooks Brothers via the UR Mall (8pts/$) on 12/26/2013.

bobloadmire Jan 1, 2014 7:08 pm

I got it with my no annual fee BlueSky card. suhweet.

pizzabox Feb 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Been making good use of ShopRunner at Newegg.com thanks to Amex Plat! For some reason it errors out causing you to reload the cart and log into ShopRunner again. Combine that with (1 pts/$) Chase UR Mall + Paypal GC from Chase Freedom (5 pts/$), not a bad deal!

lacuadra Feb 13, 2014 12:22 am

Ebags and Neiman Marcus I think. For sure Ebags. Was worried about points taken back but everything was OK

The list is very short and does not include Barneys , Bloomingdales or Nordstrom.

ijgordon Aug 25, 2014 7:00 pm

Weird - I never heard of this benefit, but got an email from Amex today offering it to me. I use Amazon Prime a lot, so figure this can't hurt!

ETA - oh, I see it isn't even exclusive to the Platinum card!

Wyfind Aug 25, 2014 10:09 pm

It looks like the membership through American Express (I have a Blue Cash Everyday) has no expiration date.

Check out the screenshot on the "My Accounts" page:

http://i.imgur.com/IAMnn8Z.png

sangreal Aug 26, 2014 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Wyfind (Post 23424155)
It looks like the membership through American Express (I have a Blue Cash Everyday) has no expiration date.

Check out the screenshot on the "My Accounts" page:

http://i.imgur.com/IAMnn8Z.png

Interesting, mine looks like this:

membership type
ShopRunner Member

membership payment method
N/A

membership expiration
12/19/2014
But I signed up through AMEX back in 2012 and it automatically renewed for free last year and I guess it will again this year

aisleorwindow Dec 4, 2014 2:04 pm

Have not used this site yet. Does the charge show up as from Shoprunner, or from the actual merchant?
It looks like some of the merchants also have Sync offers, so wondering if one could take advantage of those, while also getting free shipping?

Anybody found any good deals on here lately?

VegasGambler Dec 8, 2014 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by aisleorwindow (Post 23943142)
Have not used this site yet. Does the charge show up as from Shoprunner, or from the actual merchant?
It looks like some of the merchants also have Sync offers, so wondering if one could take advantage of those, while also getting free shipping?

Anybody found any good deals on here lately?

The charge shows up as from the merchant -- they are the ones charging your card. I've always gotten the amex sync rebate automatically.

I've never used the express checkout through shoprunner option, though, so I don't know if that would be different. I just check out normally with the merchant and select shoprunner as a shipping option.

Shoprunner is good, but not as good as it sounds. With Amazon Prime, 2-day shipping means 2 days after you place your order. With shoprunner, it means 2 days after the merchant decides to ship it. Some merchants still take a week to ship it. This isn't really shoprunner's fault, but you are not getting as quickly as you might expect.

Wyfind Mar 30, 2015 10:26 am

American Express just sent me an email notifying me that some retailers will now require minimum order sizes for free ShopRunner.

http://i.imgur.com/MnzAawx.png

Tibs Mar 30, 2015 10:51 am

Unfortunate but understandable - given how expensive 2 day air can get. I've worn that benefit out.

mysterym Mar 30, 2015 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by Tibs (Post 24589208)
Unfortunate but understandable - given how expensive 2 day air can get. I've worn that benefit out.

Ditto. Google Express and Amazon Prime have instituted the same.

VegasGambler Mar 30, 2015 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by hytekjosh (Post 24591106)
Ditto. Google Express and Amazon Prime have instituted the same.

Prime doesn't have a minimum.

Some very cheap items are part of the add-on program, but there is a lot of cheap stuff that you can buy individually if you want as well.

mysterym Mar 30, 2015 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 24591402)
Prime doesn't have a minimum.

Some very cheap items are part of the add-on program, but there is a lot of cheap stuff that you can buy individually if you want as well.

Well they created the add-on program that has a minimum in place of requiring an outright minimum on all orders. I find most of the items I used to order that were prime eligible are now prime add-ons.

VegasGambler Mar 31, 2015 11:42 am

Originally Posted by hytekjosh (Post 24592003)
Well they created the add-on program that has a minimum in place of requiring an outright minimum on all orders. I find most of the items I used to order that were prime eligible are now prime add-ons.

Most? Really? What are you buying? I buy just about everything from Amazon (expensive stuff and cheap stuff) and I find that something that I want is an add-on about 5% of the time, if that. Many of my orders are in the $10 range.

cfabar1 Mar 31, 2015 12:17 pm

I wish they would tell us what these minimums are.