Last edit by: gengar
Official website: https://thecenturionlounge.com/locations/las/
Print Wikipost

Centurion Lounge at LAS (2013 - 2021)

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2013, 12:44 am

Programs: BA Gold (OWE), Star Alliance Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Would love a Centurion Lounge in PHX where the old Crown Room was. T3 North is rather pathetic, & I'm sure it would put the measly US & UA clubs to shame...
I wish we had one in London Heathrow Terminal 4, there is only a SkyTeam Lounge. Could really do with a decent lounge.
Old May 25, 2013, 1:11 am

I do not even think Amex knows PHX exists. I have never seen a invitation only event, Centurion event, etc for PHX.

Originally Posted by tigerhunt2011
Would love a Centurion Lounge in PHX where the old Crown Room was. T3 North is rather pathetic, & I'm sure it would put the measly US & UA clubs to shame...
Old May 26, 2013, 2:22 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Centurion
I do not even think Amex knows PHX exists. I have never seen a invitation only event, Centurion event, etc for PHX.
I concur, not just PHX but some other large cities as well, like the one I live in. I was even thinking of changing my billing address to LA or NYC so I could get some invites or something.

Since the last solid Product Manager for Centurion left, the product has really gone downhill. The current product managers are out of touch with what Centurions really want and need.
Old May 28, 2013, 3:19 am

Programs: AA EXP(.96MM), AMEX Platinum, United Premier Silver, Delta Gold, SPG Platinum 50, Hilton Gold VIP
Exclamation

I visited this lounge yesterday and wrote a full detailed review about it:

American Express Centurion Lounge Review at Las Vegas Airport Part 1 (review of the lounge)

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...irport-part-1/

American Express Centurion Lounge Review at Las Vegas Airport Part 2 (food and beverage portion)

http://first2board.com/pointssummary...irport-part-2/
Old May 28, 2013, 9:43 am

Has anyone tried getting in this lounge with a Canadian Platinum Card (and not paid the $50 fee)? Going through the Platinum "manual" it states access to "American Express Lounges" for Card member + 1 Traveling companion

Last edited by mia; May 29, 2013 at 7:16 am Reason: Remove oversized image
Old May 28, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: delta
You will love it. Like an Internaitonal Airport Lounge

Take the free pass! the food is great and it is like the Narita or Osaka lounge or Frankfurt lounge where you are treated like a true customer that is highly valued!^
Old May 28, 2013, 2:23 pm

Programs: Southwest, United, Marriott
Originally Posted by jammanxc
I visited this lounge yesterday and wrote a full detailed review about it:
Thanks for the in-depth review jammanxc. DL Skyclubs pale in comparison.

Those drinks look great.

Last edited by Calipso; May 29, 2013 at 1:53 pm Reason: Thanks for continuing to edit my posts mom!
Old May 28, 2013, 7:56 pm

Nice review. I appreciate all of the pictures. The place looks nice. I'll be in LAS this weekend, but out of the A gates (flying US). Any idea how far of a walk that would be, or if I could even do it airside?
Old May 29, 2013, 9:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Nice review. I appreciate all of the pictures. The place looks nice. I'll be in LAS this weekend, but out of the A gates (flying US). Any idea how far of a walk that would be, or if I could even do it airside?
It is possible, but leave yourself at least 20 minutes to get from the lounge to your A gate.

When you get to the airport, go through the security for the D gates and then take the tram. On your return, you will need to find someone to open the glass door between the D gates and C gates (before leaving the security area).

Review of lounge and getting to A gates
Old May 30, 2013, 8:16 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwoord Gold, Amex Centurion, Global Entry
Earlier this month I was on my bachelor party, travveling back from LAS-AMS when the plane broke down, leaving us at the gate. After 2.5 hours on the phone with Delta their plan was to split the group of 16 up in smaller groups scattered an various routes homes, and everyone losing their economy comfort seating. After the DL agent send us to the next gate for a LAS-SLC flight and the gate agent denied us, it was time to hang up the phone and I got the group of 16 people into the Centurion Lounge. Excellent food, excellent drinks, but the best thing were the ladies working the front desk. They made new, better travel schedules with Delta, they got our compensation taken care of, they booked us for one additional night into the Four Seasons and we got three nice rental cars: 2 Yukons and a Panamera. They took care of the whole group while we were enjoying the breakfast and lunch, took a shower and just relaxed.

So we had one additonal day in Vegas, in a great hotel and nice rentals. Upon arriving at Hertz, we traded the Panamera for the Ferrari California. We had a great time.

One minor issue: the shower overflows the entire bathroom and even underneath the door into the lounge.
Old May 30, 2013, 2:38 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, Avis CC
Originally Posted by StewieD
Earlier this month I was on my bachelor party, travveling back from LAS-AMS when the plane broke down, leaving us at the gate. After 2.5 hours on the phone with Delta their plan was to split the group of 16 up in smaller groups scattered an various routes homes, and everyone losing their economy comfort seating. After the DL agent send us to the next gate for a LAS-SLC flight and the gate agent denied us, it was time to hang up the phone and I got the group of 16 people into the Centurion Lounge. Excellent food, excellent drinks, but the best thing were the ladies working the front desk. They made new, better travel schedules with Delta, they got our compensation taken care of, they booked us for one additional night into the Four Seasons and we got three nice rental cars: 2 Yukons and a Panamera. They took care of the whole group while we were enjoying the breakfast and lunch, took a shower and just relaxed.

So we had one additonal day in Vegas, in a great hotel and nice rentals. Upon arriving at Hertz, we traded the Panamera for the Ferrari California. We had a great time.

One minor issue: the shower overflows the entire bathroom and even underneath the door into the lounge.
Hmmm, I didn't see a shower in the LAS Centurion lounge bathroom....

Also, why in the world would you need rental cars to go from the airport to the Four Seasons and back just for 1 night?

Last edited by GNALUZU; May 30, 2013 at 2:58 pm
Old May 31, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta PM, Hilton Diamond, Starwoord Gold, Amex Centurion, Global Entry
Originally Posted by GNALUZU
Hmmm, I didn't see a shower in the LAS Centurion lounge bathroom....

Also, why in the world would you need rental cars to go from the airport to the Four Seasons and back just for 1 night?
The shower is not in the men or women's bathroom, it is down the hall near the bar.

Rental car is for shopping and dinner out of town. The strip is nice for a couple of days max.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 8:34 pm

Programs: DL DM, AA PlatPro, Hilton DM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by StewieD

Very impressive! Didn't know they could do all of that!
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
One nice perk of the free pass was that you can also bring in two guests, which I didn't know. So I texted a buddy who was flying out later than I was, but was flying out of WN.

Originally Posted by GNALUZU
When you get to the airport, go through the security for the D gates and then take the tram. On your return, you will need to find someone to open the glass door between the D gates and C gates (before leaving the security area).
He said he got denied trying to get to the D gates with his WN boarding pass. Oh well.

It was a very nice lounge, and I enjoyed my hour in there. That said, given I aim to get to my gate 30 minutes prior to boarding, it would not be worth $50 for me. If my plane went mechanical and delayed for 13 hours, like the group near me experienced, then I would see the value.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold
Anyone else get an e-mail today from AMEX Travel? I have a PRG and got an e-mail on the lounge that included this gem:

The Centurion Lounge is more than just a lounge, it's an oasis. Discover a world of service while you wait and enjoy many complimentary amenities exclusively for American Express® Cardmembers with a valid American Express Credit or Charge Card. You can purchase access to the Lounge with any valid American Express Credit or Charge Card for $50 per adult entry.
YOUR ACCESS INCLUDES COMPLIMENTARY:
• Seasonal gourmet fare designed by our celebrity chef, Scott Conant
• Signature cocktails crafted by our renowned mixologist
• Wi-Fi to stay productive in your own private work nook
• Assistance with dinner reservations and entertainment ticket requests

Please explain to me how something is a complimentary benefit if I have to pay $50 to get in.

Oh, marketing...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.